Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Alexandragr

blondie007 wrote: »
    Thanks a mil for that info. I'm no 89 in that batch so I guess it'll be another while before I get a call depending on job availability. I'm hoping one of the departments does a recruitment drive so we won't be waiting too long more.[/quot

Fingers crossed, hopefully some positions will be outside the centre to accommodate us rural people :)
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Treetrunks

I’m just wondering which would be best to work for Civil Service, HSE or Local Authority. I have applied for different positions in the above government bodies.
    Is there much of a difference between them? I have young kids so I’m just wondering which would be the best out of the three regarding flexi time, shorter working year etc? Is there much of a difference in pay if any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 GKE

Redcat75 wrote: »
    I know job offers for limerick have reach batch 2.2 I'm to wards the end in the 20s so not sure what number. I've heard nothing on tip .

Brilliant thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

Treetrunks wrote: »
    I’m just wondering which would be best to work for Civil Service, HSE or Local Authority. I have applied for different positions in the above government bodies.
    Is there much of a difference between them? I have young kids so I’m just wondering which would be the best out of the three regarding flexi time, shorter working year etc? Is there much of a difference in pay if any?

Local Authority I think myself. You get 27 holidays a year, compared to I think 22 in Civil Service. But in the Civil Service you are entitled to 1.5 Flexi Days a month, in comparison to only 1 Flexi day a month in Councils. I think Flexi days are more widely taken in Civil Service in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

Just called PAS, Cork wont move further than 61 bunch 2.1 for another month or so cause they got very busy with other counties. ( Thank god iam not number 62) I wish there was a website page with the counties's progress, updating every now and then ..Its so awkward calling all the time. I even started apologising for bothering them haha

I'm in the 70s in batch 2.1 ! I would love to be gone by the end of summer from my current job, I don't known should I start looking else where as the waiting is long

EireinOZ wrote: »
    I'm in the 70s in batch 2.1 ! I would love to be gone by the end of summer from my current job, I don't known should I start looking else where as the waiting is long
    Gosh I don't think that anybody is in a position to tell you what to do with your job. Especially now that your are so close to that public job phone call. Is it such a bad place to work for? bare in mind they might be your last references so try not to burn bridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

Gosh I don't think that anybody is in a position to tell you what to do with your job. Especially now that your are so close to that public job phone call. Is it such a bad place to work for? bare in mind they might be your last references so try not to burn bridges.

The place I work in now, I have been doing the same kind of work for 15 yrs, it's in the retail, while I do enjoy my job at times, it has its down falls, working most weekends, been on your feet 8 hrs, no say in the hours you work, and the part I hate the most is working at Xmas! , literally up to 6 pm Xmas Eve, and people at Xmas are the worst to deal with , I don't think I could work another xmas in retail
    . I have just been studying college part time for the last two years , accounting technician and I just want to be done with retail! I have just come to the end of the road and need change , im just stuck in routine!

EireinOZ wrote: »
    The place I work in now, I have been doing the same kind of work for 15 yrs, it's in the retail, while I do enjoy my job at times, it has its down falls, working most weekends, been on your feet 8 hrs, no say in the hours you work, and the part I hate the most is working at Xmas! , literally up to 6 pm Xmas Eve, and people at Xmas are the worst to deal with , I don't think I could work another xmas in retail
    . I have just been studying college part time for the last two years , accounting technician and I just want to be done with retail! I have just come to the end of the road and need change , im just stuck in routine!

I completely understand your predicament , i have a few years on retail myself and i know how christmas can be. I do not believe that its going to be that long before we will start the public job but the truth is that nobody knows. PAS is notoriously slow but Cork, hiccups side, has a relatively good rhythm so far. I live in rural Cork, where there are no jobs, and i am personally prepared to be unemployed for a few more months...and perhaps a lot more if i have to turn down a job in the city which is 3hours travel back and forth. Things are not so simple for a lot of us. Its difficult to know which way to go when you are challenged with crucial dilemmas. Go with whats you thing its best for you with the information you have right now and hope it will work out. You cant predict the future so luck is your best friend :):);)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kenbug19

I’ve been called to stage 2 and was just wondering if anyone has any advice on the aptitude test? What it’s like and what to expect especially in the numerical? Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Kenbug19 wrote: »
    I’ve been called to stage 2 and was just wondering if anyone has any advice on the aptitude test? What it’s like and what to expect especially in the numerical? Thanks :)

Do the sample tests on public jobs and it'll give you an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

Are the sample tests more or less the same level of difficulty as the real ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Blubelle18 wrote: »
    Are the sample tests more or less the same level of difficulty as the real ones?

In the real test, some q's will probably be more difficult than the sample ones. It just helps to familiarise yourself with the format, that's really all the prep you can do.

Have news about Kerry. My friend rang and First 8 or so in Batch 1.2 has gone into clearance. Big movement there. Delighted. Was beginning to give up hope. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Kenbug19 wrote: »

The sample ones online are not near as difficult as the questions you get on the day. Try and find more from alternative websites. My advice would be to do as many as possible from different web sites and do them as many times as you can. The more practice you put in the better you will do and the more confident you will be on the day, also the better you do the higher up in the panel you will be. Your target should be 1st place in batch 1.1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

did you get assigned yet Ernesto? You are waiting on Westmeath aren't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

lamb stew wrote: »
    Have news about Kerry. My friend rang and First 8 or so in Batch 1.2 has gone into clearance. Big movement there. Delighted. Was beginning to give up hope. ðŸ˜

Hi there just wondering does that mean the got the application form like i did myself in email and they may be called for interview purposes? I have no idea what number i was the time but I definitely was not in top numbers.

revoke12 wrote: »
    Hi there just wondering does that mean the got the application form like i did myself in email and they may be called for interview purposes? I have no idea what number i was the time but I definitely was not in top numbers.

This is for people who've passed all stages, interview been the last stage. Have you been called for interview yet.

This is for people who've passed all stages, interview been the last stage. Have you been called for interview yet.

Sorry didnt realise that- I got an email last Friday with regarding next stage which is interview process after an application form had been sent in. I sent this in Monday and it said at end of email interviews would be starting the end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chatty

I rang Pas today about my place on the panel in batch 1.1 for both locations.Not much movement in my areas, looks like I’m in for a long long wait.

Carlow have 2 applications in but nobody has been contacted yet.
    Kilkenny have placed up to number 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭blondie007

Sorry didnt realise that- I got an email last Friday with regarding next stage which is interview process after an application form had been sent in. I sent this in Monday and it said at end of email interviews would be starting the end of May.
    Hi Revoke12, this thread is for people who are on the 2018 Nationwide Panel- I'd say your queries are about the Dublin Only panel which kicked off very recently ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Majorkate2018

Got the call from PAS today for Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Clairebear12

Could I ask where the jobs are for and would anyone know what number they are at? Thank you

Could I ask where the jobs are for and would anyone know what number they are at? Thank you

My Friend Rang Today and said I think 8 in batch 1.2 had gone to clearance. Jobs could be anywhere. Justice in Killarney I know got some very first few placed in Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

Oh great. How far are they in the 1.2 Batch?. I'm in early teens 1.2

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

How many questions do you have to get right out of the 21 in the numerical test to pass? Thanks.

Hi Revoke12, this thread is for people who are on the 2018 Nationwide Panel- I'd say your queries are about the Dublin Only panel which kicked off very recently ??

sorry im based in kerry so and wouldnt of applied for Dublin only. The interview is for Kerry Co CO

I got an interview for Kerry end of the month can people tell me what the process is then? are you batched into numbers on how well you have done etc??

I got an interview for Kerry end of the month can people tell me what the process is then? are you batched into numbers on how well you have done etc??
    This thread is for civil service so I don't know if the interviews would be the same for County Councils. Did they send you any competencies to base your examples on ? The civil service interviews are competency based as well as asking a few questions about your work/jobs on your cv.

Blubelle18 wrote: »
    How many questions do you have to get right out of the 21 in the numerical test to pass? Thanks.
    I think you have to get 10-11 right to pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Kerry CoCo is a separate process to Civil Service however in much the same way, after interview you will be put on a panel (given a number) based on your order of merit (how well you did).

For that campaign, I presume all candidate go through testing/interview at the same time so its unlikely they will have different batches.

As blondie said, the information booklet should outline the competencies they are testing for interview (Usually they are same or similar to civil service CO but your best to check)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Mull91

Still waiting for PAS to receive my Garda Vetting, I received an email from the vetting bureau Friday May 10th that it has been processed back to PAS, phoned PAS and they said that there is usually a few days between my email received and the time they receive the vetting.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Does it usually take that long?

Mull91 wrote: »
    Still waiting for PAS to receive my Garda Vetting, I received an email from the vetting bureau Friday May 10th that it has been processed back to PAS, phoned PAS and they said that there is usually a few days between my email received and the time they receive the vetting.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Does it usually take that long?

I had vetting done a few months ago for a job outside of the public service, it took 2 weeks or so. Also, it did take mine a few days from when the vetting was sent and for me to receive an email from them telling me it was being processed.

Fracture wrote: »
    I had vetting done a few months ago for a job outside of the public service, it took 2 weeks or so. Also, it did take mine a few days from when the vetting was sent and for me to receive an email from them telling me it was being processed.
    Cheers Fracture, mine has been processed, completed and sent back to PAS, just eager to get a start date now at this stage :) waiting game is cruel!!!

Mull91 wrote: »
    Cheers Fracture, mine has been processed, completed and sent back to PAS, just eager to get a start date now at this stage :) waiting game is cruel!!!

Nice, congrats. I haven't been for an interview yet. Hopefully when i do I can pass that. I hope you get a position you like!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

12 weeks into clearance for co in Garda Station.. how much longer can it take?

Samsgirl wrote: »

That's really taking a long time but I suppose it's taking that long because your going to work in a Garda station, i guess they have to really look into you because of the sensitive information you will be working with but to answer your question I can't imagine it will take much longer.

Fracture wrote: »
    Nice, congrats. I haven't been for an interview yet. Hopefully when i do I can pass that. I hope you get a position you like!
    Have been offered State Exams in Athlone, delighted with it :) looking forward to starting now, just seems to be a delay somewhere along the line!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mskimee

Samsgirl wrote: »

I'm crawling the walls waiting for the start date!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nonni71

Hi would anyone have any idea on Galway's permanent CO panel. Any idea at what number they might be at?

• Advertisement

Any update on Cork lads? Last I was told 2 weeks ago-they were on number 61, Batch 2.1.....any move since ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Keiss_myass

Any update on Cork lads? Last I was told 2 weeks ago-they were on number 61, Batch 2.1.....any move since ??

Im early 100's batch 2 and just got a message for interview so they must be pushing beyond the 60s by now. Am I right in tginking after this interview, my place on the oom will change once more?

Im early 100's batch 2 and just got a message for interview so they must be pushing beyond the 60s by now. Am I right in tginking after this interview, my place on the oom will change once more?
    It will-your OOM will change depending on interview results-you could move up or down. I'm guessing your batch will be 2.2
    All the best for your interview!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 annieholmc

Hi, I have been called for a position in the Limerick courts. Does anyone have any info on this dept regarding flexi etc... thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Keiss_myass

It will-your OOM will change depending on interview results-you could move up or down. I'm guessing your batch will be 2.2
    All the best for your interview!!!

I get you now, thanks. God, what a long drawn out process

Hey everyone who have been successful, could you tell me roughly how long it takes from when you'd get the Call, to when you'd actually start. What's the minimum amount of time, you'd be waiting etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kerry gold

Any update on the Kerry panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KatieD88

Anybody in Batch 3 for Waterford been assigned yet going to do Stage 2 test in a few weeks and just wondering were people have gone to work :)

Kerry gold wrote: »
    Any update on the Kerry panel?
    They've assigned 8 or 9 in batch 1.2 as in they're gone in to clearance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

KatieD88 wrote: »
    Anybody in Batch 3 for Waterford been assigned yet going to do Stage 2 test in a few weeks and just wondering were people have gone to work :)

Whats is your OOM for Test 2?

Hey everyone who have been successful, could you tell me roughly how long it takes from when you'd get the Call, to when you'd actually start. What's the minimum amount of time, you'd be waiting etc.
    It really depends on the dept you're offered & their needs at the time, there's no set time limit. My friend was offered revenue in 2017 & started 2 weeks later, whereas another friend was also offered revenue -same county- the following year & had to wait over 3 months for her start date.

• Advertisement
Advertisement