Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

Sarah2018 wrote: »
    Anyone have any interview tips I would appreciate it ..thanks in advance :)

Had my interview this morning. The interviewers I had were very nice. Know your competencies very well and be prepared to format them to suit specific questions based on your application, not just what's listed in the appendix A. Best of luck in interview! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Blubelle18 wrote: »
    Had my interview this morning. The interviewers I had were very nice. Know your competencies very well and be prepared to format them to suit specific questions based on your application, not just what's listed in the appendix A. Best of luck in interview! :-)

i done mine on Friday, I got asked some odd questions. They didn't even focus on my two previous roles of clerical work I done, all the questions i got asked were about a job i had 10 years ago. It really put me on the spot, I think I done well tho but i'm still nervous about the outcome. It's hard to know what they think about you once you've done the interview, both the interviewers were very nice also.

Fracture wrote: »
    i done mine on Friday, I got asked some odd questions. They didn't even focus on my two previous roles of clerical work I done, all the questions i got asked were about a job i had 10 years ago. It really put me on the spot, I think I done well tho but i'm still nervous about the outcome. It's hard to know what they think about you once you've done the interview, both the interviewers were very nice also.

Same! Few odd questions that I couldn't have prepared for so just answered honestly and tried to tie back to competencies. Also same as you, zoned in on my retail work from 10 years ago vs most recent admin work! Think they were testing. Felt I did ok as they were so nice but I've no idea how I did. Fingers crossed for us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭blondie007

Any further update on Cork lads ??

Best of luck to everyone who had interviews & have upcoming interviews !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sarah2018

Same! Few odd questions that I couldn't have prepared for so just answered honestly and tried to tie back to competencies. Also same as you, zoned in on my retail work from 10 years ago vs most recent admin work! Think they were testing. Felt I did ok as they were so nice but I've no idea how I did. Fingers crossed for us all!
    Feel the same as you both but they were so nice.. answered the best I could..forgot to ask how long is the wait until we hear results, does anyone know ?

• Advertisement

Feel the same as you both but they were so nice.. answered the best I could..forgot to ask how long is the wait until we hear results, does anyone know ?

Few weeks I'd imagine from posts on here. They said would be on message board but didn't say when.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Alexandragr

Few weeks I'd imagine from posts on here. They said would be on message board but didn't say when.
    I had my interview on a Friday and the results came in my messages and mail after 4 working days.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MBLBY4

Hi everyone,can anyone confirm if they have started recruiting people for Longford?What number are they on please?

Thanks for your help!

They said to me at the end of the interview it will be 2 to 3 weeks, I didn't ask, they just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

Anyone enquire about Kerry in the last week. Don't want to be ringing all the time

• Advertisement

lamb stew wrote: »
    Anyone enquire about Kerry in the last week. Don't want to be ringing all the time

Your interview shouldn't be too far away, they are into batch 2.1 now. Just give them a call, every time i called i was talking to someone different so you wont be pestering anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

Thanks Fracture, I've actually gone through all stages an D waiting for a Dept to nab me 😁.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mskimee

For the people who have already started, how long did it take for you to get paid? I know it's probably work a week in hand, but is there a big delay in starting and that all important first pay day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dee.dee123

Just to let anyone know I contacted PAS and there are 19 people left to place in Batch 1 for Kilkenny. They said the interviews for Batch 2 will take place once further progress is made on batch 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Keiss_myass

Has anyone had to appeal the result of their interview? Got my results today and failed 2 of the 4 comeptencies by 3 and 4 marks respectively. In the other 2 i scored high enough. This is really dissapointing considering ive passed the tco interviews the last 2 years which was basically the exact same as the co interview.

Hi all, Update on Cork ! They're on number 69 & have jobs to offer up to number 87-seems they got a request for 20 people from Revenue. Anyone on here get offered ? Just wondering about a start date ??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 noodlestrudle

Probably a silly question but the batch number in my messages just say im in batch 2. But reading the posts here I can see people post 2.1 etc for their batch numbers just wondering how I can't see that. Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sadiemai

I had an interview for my first choice Tipperary back at the beginning of this year. Have just received and email to say I have made the 2nd stage for my 2nd choice area and may be called for interview for this area. Does anyone know if I will have to interview twice?? Or do they take the competencies score from my 1st interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kenbug19

Just got my interview results and have been placed 2 on my oom, Delighted! does anyone know how long of a wait there is before you get called?

Probably a silly question but the batch number in my messages just say im in batch 2. But reading the posts here I can see people post 2.1 etc for their batch numbers just wondering how I can't see that. Tia
    Hello, You're in the first lot of candidates in Batch 2 for your county- the next lot of candidates after all your batch have been placed will be in Batch 2.1

• Advertisement

Kenbug19 wrote: »
    Just got my interview results and have been placed 2 on my oom, Delighted! does anyone know how long of a wait there is before you get called?
    Congrats !!! All depends on available positions in your county-you could be placed almost immediately if there are jobs available now or you may have to wait until a dept has a vacany to fill. There's no set timing-depends on vacancies ! All the best to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Mskimee wrote: »
    For the people who have already started, how long did it take for you to get paid? I know it's probably work a week in hand, but is there a big delay in starting and that all important first pay day?

If you're going into a place with flexitime, they will wait till the start of the next flexi-period before bringing you in. That would be the initial delay in starting. i was told at the end of february that I was going into my place, but did not actually start till After St. Paddys day because thats when the new flexi period was starting.

Then once you're in, you should get paid pretty quickly. I started on the Tuesday, but I received my first payment on the Friday, which I was told at the time was unusual as it should have been a week later. You'll definitely be waiting no more than 2 weeks for your first payment.

If you work overtime, there may be a delay on that. If I work overtime, I dont actually receive the payment for that until my paycheck 2 weeks later. Overtime is always 2 weeks behind when you worked it because of approval systems

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

I just got notification that I passed the interview, but was given a new oom. I thought we kept oom from stage 2 and interview was simply pass or fail. Have I got that wrong, does anyone know? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sarah2018

liniloo wrote: »
    I just got notification that I passed the interview, but was given a new oom. I thought we kept oom from stage 2 and interview was simply pass or fail. Have I got that wrong, does anyone know? Thanks!

Total new system this campaign .. you have to pass the interview and then they change your oom based on competency scores .. I think it's only fair as the testing shouldn't be the only thing that determines your number on the panel. It gives everyone a fair chance, those good at testing and those good at interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

Total new system this campaign .. you have to pass the interview and then they change your oom based on competency scores .. I think it's only fair as the testing shouldn't be the only thing that determines your number on the panel. It gives everyone a fair chance, those good at testing and those good at interview.

Thanks Sarah2018! I wasn't aware of that, but I agree it's much fairer!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jock 1

Is there anyone else not happy with results of interview, compared to the tco interview I did a month ago my marks were down significantly, considering I was a lot more prepared and felt I performed much better in this interview I’m quite disappointed overall with my result this time around. Anyone else a bit surprised/disappointed with theirs ?

Is there anyone else not happy with results of interview, compared to the tco interview I did a month ago my marks were down significantly, considering I was a lot more prepared and felt I performed much better in this interview I’m quite disappointed overall with my result this time around. Anyone else a bit surprised/disappointed with theirs ?

jock 1 wrote: »

It's meant to be a more difficult interview,they want more detail etc, I actually done better, got my result yesterday. i scored 46 out of 50 on each part of the interview so i'm really happy.

It's meant to be a more difficult interview,they want more detail etc, I actually done better, got my result yesterday. i scored 46 out of 50 on each part of the interview so i'm really happy.

Hi fracture,
    I appreciate that and I had prepared for that, as I said I felt I had done a much better interview but somehow scored a lot lower , I would have concerns that maybe there is a discrepancy on how the different panels scored Candidates on the day , just wondering if anyone feels the same way . Was it specifically mentioned somewhere that this was going be different/ more difficult than the other interviews? Just wondering if maybe I should appeal and was wondering if anyone else had the same experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Poppy2019

Hi there,

Can someone help me understand the process. I attended supervised assessment two weeks ago and got an email yesterday which said batch 3 in the header and that I've been placed 1 on the order if merit for Louth. How many people are in a batch? Does this mean from the assessments two weeks ago they created several batches in which I'm in the third one ? Or is everyone who was called for that test two weeks ago in batch three IE batch one and two happened at different stages in the past year. I'm very confused to how it works.

Does anyone know how it works if your currently off on maternity. I had a baby six weeks ago and not due to return to work to Feb 2020. If successful in interview will they hold my job ? Also is there an option for part-time?

Also I notice people are saying they are ringing to check the status for different areas. What's the number and what department do you need to ask for?

Apologies for all the questions and thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Interview for limerick last Tuesday and got results today I'm now 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Alexandragr

Poppy2019 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Can someone help me understand the process. I attended supervised assessment two weeks ago and got an email yesterday which said batch 3 in the header and that I've been placed 1 on the order if merit for Louth. How many people are in a batch? Does this mean from the assessments two weeks ago they created several batches in which I'm in the third one ? Or is everyone who was called for that test two weeks ago in batch three IE batch one and two happened at different stages in the past year. I'm very confused to how it works.

Does anyone know how it works if your currently off on maternity. I had a baby six weeks ago and not due to return to work to Feb 2020. If successful in interview will they hold my job ? Also is there an option for part-time?

Also I notice people are saying they are ringing to check the status for different areas. What's the number and what department do you need to ask for?

Apologies for all the questions and thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Cheers

hello, you can send them an email with all your questions at the info@publicjobs.ie which is your better option if you have more than one questions :) . Alternatively you can call them on 018587400 as a pre interview candidate of the permanent clerical officer campaign 2018 , having your id number available. But for now ill do my best to sort of help you understand the procedure. So, bunches have different number of people and that is due to their performance. Also a bunch can be subdivided ie bunch 3.1 and 3.2 .
    When you'll pass the interview you will be then placed higher
    or lower according to your performance. The analytical results will be sent to you via email and your message board not long after the interview. And then its just waiting to receive the call where they assign you to a position. As for the maternity leave, i dont think there is anything they wont be able to do to facilitate your motherhood, there are so many laws to protect and cover the situation. The position is full time, normally part time would be another campaign. Hope i helped a tiny bit. Good luck with everything :)

Hi fracture,
    I appreciate that and I had prepared for that, as I said I felt I had done a much better interview but somehow scored a lot lower , I would have concerns that maybe there is a discrepancy on how the different panels scored Candidates on the day , just wondering if anyone feels the same way . Was it specifically mentioned somewhere that this was going be different/ more difficult than the other interviews? Just wondering if maybe I should appeal and was wondering if anyone else had the same experience.

I didn't see it written anywhere, I contacted PAS after the TCO interview because i wanted the feedback for that interview. I was looking to see what areas I could improve on and when chatting to the guy on the phone he said it will be a more difficult interview etc. I'm not sure what advice, if any I could give you on getting your interview rechecked, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

blondie007 wrote:
    Lads, does anyone know-if you're offered a position but ask to defer taking it up for a few months-do you keep that position in the dept you were offered- or get offered a different dept when you're ready to start work ?? Just found out I need surgery which will have me out of action for 3-4 months...they're nearly at my number on the panel-haven't been offered as yet, just want to be prepared . Many thanks for any info.

They dont allow you to defer unfortunately. Only if you're a assigned dept is a certain distance from your home

Hi fracture,
    I appreciate that and I had prepared for that, as I said I felt I had done a much better interview but somehow scored a lot lower , I would have concerns that maybe there is a discrepancy on how the different panels scored Candidates on the day , just wondering if anyone feels the same way . Was it specifically mentioned somewhere that this was going be different/ more difficult than the other interviews? Just

wondering if maybe I should appeal and was wondering if anyone else had the same experience.

I didn't see it written anywhere, I contacted PAS after the TCO interview because i wanted the feedback for that interview. I was looking to see what areas I could improve on and when chatting to the guy on the phone he said it will be a more difficult interview etc. I'm not sure what advice, if any I could give you on getting your interview rechecked, sorry.

Thanks fracture, maybe I just didn’t do as well as I felt I had , I might just ask for a breakdown of the competencies to see where/why I am losing marks. Appreciate the info , thanks again and best of luck with your placement I hope your happy wherever you go .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Poppy2019

Thank you for info much appreciated :)

Happy with my interview results. Stayed around the same OOM as after stage 2 which I'm delighted with! Hoping the panel moves quickly now!

Happy with my interview results. Stayed around the same OOM as after stage 2 which I'm delighted with! Hoping the panel moves quickly now!

Same, i moved up a few places in the OOM, I'm in the top 5 for Kerry. I'm hoping it moves fast too. I was talking to a girl who was in for her interview at the same time as me, she said she had a few friends who were in Batch 1 for kerry, done the interview back in Feb i think it was and still hadn't been offered a place.So it could be a while away yet, depending on where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kerry gold

Same, i moved up a few places in the OOM, I'm in the top 5 for Kerry. I'm hoping it moves fast too. I was talking to a girl who was in for her interview at the same time as me, she said she had a few friends who were in Batch 1 for kerry, done the interview back in Feb i think it was and still hadn't been offered a place.So it could be a while away yet, depending on where you are.

Hi Fracture,Are you in the top 5 in Batch 2.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Hi everyone, just saw someone posting on here that they were placed in batch 2. Does that mean that there is a Batch 2, then Batch 2.1, then Batch 2.2, etc... ?

• Advertisement

Has anyone had to appeal the result of their interview? Got my results today and failed 2 of the 4 comeptencies by 3 and 4 marks respectively. In the other 2 i scored high enough. This is really dissapointing considering ive passed the tco interviews the last 2 years which was basically the exact same as the co interview.

In my experience having done both TCO interview and permanent interview, the TCO was totally different as in there was no really difficult questions asked. Just a basic what is your background and experience etc. In the permanent interview they will go down the competencies route which is much more in depth and can be more difficult to score well in. The TCO interview I had was basically pass/fail but this interview was scoring in the 4 different competencies and you would have had to reach a minimum standard in each. No comparison really. Sorry to hear about your result.

Your interview shouldn't be too far away, they are into batch 2.1 now. Just give them a call, every time i called i was talking to someone different so you wont be pestering anyone.

Hi Fracture, did you find out from them about this? I am in batch 2.1 (around oom 10) and was wondering how it was progressing. Someone else posted on here that they knew people who are still waiting to be called and they are in Batch 1. So annoying with all the different information.

Well done congrats Bluebelle

Dorbrogra

The TCO interviews this year have changed and the interview is competency based now and the exact same format and scoring as the permanent one , I’ve done both in the last few weeks. Now maybe they mark you harder in the permanent one I don’t know, but definitely the same a panel of two and competency based , familiarisation material identical and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Keiss_myass

dorbrogra wrote: »
    In my experience having done both TCO interview and permanent interview, the TCO was totally different as in there was no really difficult questions asked. Just a basic what is your background and experience etc. In the permanent interview they will go down the competencies route which is much more in depth and can be more difficult to score well in. The TCO interview I had was basically pass/fail but this interview was scoring in the 4 different competencies and you would have had to reach a minimum standard in each. No comparison really. Sorry to hear about your result.

Tco interview this year was the exact same, even the interviewers said this to me at the begging of my co interview, thats why im dissapointed. I have emailed pas anyway and lets see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

dorbrogra wrote: »
    In my experience having done both TCO interview and permanent interview, the TCO was totally different

The TCO interview is the same as CO this year... I think in future, long serving TCO's maybe be open to permanent appointments.

After what happened with the TCO's running the public services card programme, I think they have learned their lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Majorkate2018

I’m top 10 in 1.2 and I’m starting today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

I’m top 10 in 1.2 and I’m starting today.

What department did you get posted to in kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SB1891

Hi guys, just wondering did anyone start with An Garda Siochana lately? If so, how are you getting on, is the training difficult? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

SB1891 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering did anyone start with An Garda Siochana lately? If so, how are you getting on, is the training difficult? Thanks :)

Wish I had started. Into week 16 of Garda clearance this week...

• Advertisement
Advertisement