Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kiwi5449

Does anyone know what batch and OOM they are at for Laois or Offaly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

Kiwi5449 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what batch and OOM they are at for Laois or Offaly ?

I don't know up to what OOM they have placed but they were interviewing batch 2 for Laois last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Kerry gold wrote: »
    Hi Fracture,Are you in the top 5 in Batch 2.1?

Good question. I was batch 2.1 after the exam in dublin. I assume im still 2.1 but my interview results just said batch 2 so now im questioning that. I scored 46/50 on each part of the interview so i doubt i dropped to 2.2.

dorbrogra wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just saw someone posting on here that they were placed in batch 2. Does that mean that there is a Batch 2, then Batch 2.1, then Batch 2.2, etc... ?

Its normally batch 2.1 then 2.2. Some countys are placing people in batch 2.2. Some countys are still on batch 1.1/1.2 etc.

Hi Fracture, did you find out from them about this? I am in batch 2.1 (around oom 10) and was wondering how it was progressing. Someone else posted on here that they knew people who are still waiting to be called and they are in Batch 1. So annoying with all the different information.

I had called up about a week before i got a date for the interview and asked how far along they were. Yeh i was in the top 10 in 2.1. Those people saying they are waiting for interview in batch 1 might be batch 1 in a different county. Some countys like cork/limerick/dublin etc are moving alot faster than the likes of kerry donegal etc. If your batch 2.1 kerry and around the 10 mark your not far away from interview, your probably gonna be in the next group called. They have to do interviews for each county so be patient, you'll get there. Start prepping yourself now. Get someone close to go through questions with you etc. The more prepared you are the better, the better you score the higher you can jump the que.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KatieD88

I started in Feb and i love it, takes a while to get used to the processes as AGS have certain ways of doing and wording things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mskimee

KatieD88 wrote: »
    I started in Feb and i love it, takes a while to get used to the processes as AGS have certain ways of doing and wording things :)

I'm due to start next week. What kind of work do you do? is it all paperwork?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Poppy2019

Hi there, update for people waiting on interview for Co.louth. They have interviewed batch 1 and 2 and moving on to batch 3 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Fracture wrote: »
    I had called up about a week before i got a date for the interview and asked how far along they were. Yeh i was in the top 10 in 2.1. Those people saying they are waiting for interview in batch 1 might be batch 1 in a different county. Some countys like cork/limerick/dublin etc are moving alot faster than the likes of kerry donegal etc. If your batch 2.1 kerry and around the 10 mark your not far away from interview, your probably gonna be in the next group called. They have to do interviews for each county so be patient, you'll get there. Start prepping yourself now. Get someone close to go through questions with you etc. The more prepared you are the better, the better you score the higher you can jump the que.

Thanks for that Fracture, I have had my interview as I was called for my 2nd choice first. I got called for Limerick but didn't take it as it was too far to travel so I deferred. Waiting for Kerry now so hopefully it will move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Thanks for that Fracture, I have had my interview as I was called for my 2nd choice first. I got called for Limerick but didn't take it as it was too far to travel so I deferred. Waiting for Kerry now so hopefully it will move.

When we're you called for limerick? I was told yesterday 13 in front of me. There is 12 in front of me for Tipp and Im thinking of hold out for there

When we're you called for limerick?

I think it was about 5 or 6 weeks ago

I think it was about 5 or 6 weeks ago

Thanks. When they call you do they let you know where they are in the panel for your other area?

Thanks. When they call you do they let you know where they are in the panel for your other area?

No, they just ask if you're still interested in the position. They didn't even tell me what department and I forgot to ask as she didn't give me much time for consideration. Very short call! On reflection it must have been a call from a central office in Dublin as she didn't even know if anyone had been placed in Limerick county, only placements were in the city as far as I could gather from her.

No, they just ask if you're still interested in the position. They didn't even tell me what department and I forgot to ask as she didn't give me much time for consideration. Very short call! On reflection it must have been a call from a central office in Dublin as she didn't even know if anyone had been placed in Limerick county, only placements were in the city as far as I could gather from her.

I'm really hoping for Tipp. I'm 10 mins from tipp town and Cashel. 20 mins from thurles and clonmel. I'm an hr from limk and have to drive through tipp to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 blaagirl03

Anybody know whats the movement on Waterford?...How far have they called up to for stage 3 interview ?

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in Kerry, I emailed them and they advised that there is approximately 19 in batch 2.1 and there is no Batch 2.

No idea how many left to be placed from batch 1.2, hopefully not too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Clairebear12

I was speaking to someone in PAS last week and he told me there was 1 person left to be placed from batch 1.2 in Kerry then they were on to batch 2.1. Did they mean there is not going to be a batch 2.2? I wonder will there be a batch 3??

Anyone interested in Kerry, I emailed them and they advised that there is approximately 19 in batch 2.1 and there is no Batch 2.

No idea how many left to be placed from batch 1.2, hopefully not too many.

I phoned them yesterday. Only 1 person to be placed in batch 1.2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

I received an email the other day with my placing for Kerry in Batch 2.2 so they are going up that far

I was speaking to someone in PAS last week and he told me there was 1 person left to be placed from batch 1.2 in Kerry then they were on to batch 2.1. Did they mean there is not going to be a batch 2.2? I wonder will there be a batch 3??

Hi Clairebear, thanks for the update. They didn't say if there was a batch 2.2 but I imagine there is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Snicks

Hi Kiwi5549 I have no information about Laois, but for Offaly the next number to be called is 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kenbug19

Anyone have any update on Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 flamingopark

Kenbug19 wrote: »
    Anyone have any update on Limerick?

I was in batch 4 for Limerick and got a date for interview today for the start of July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

I'm really hoping for Tipp. I'm 10 mins from tipp town and Cashel. 20 mins from thurles and clonmel. I'm an hr from limk and have to drive through tipp to get there.

What batch/OOM are you for Tipp?

Batch 2.3 have called to interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭blondie007

Anyone offered any jobs in Cork lately ??

I don't know after stage 2 it just said batch 2 no 47 but I had inverview 2 weeks ago in Dublin but they said results will go for both but I only received limerick results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

I don't know after stage 2 it just said batch 2 no 47 but I had inverview 2 weeks ago in Dublin but they said results will go for both but I only received limerick results

Oh right, your probably in batch 2.3 so.. the interviews are in mid July so you should get your results soon after that.

Oh right, your probably in batch 2.3 so.. the interviews are in mid July so you should get your results soon after that.

Thank you

Hi, can anyone confirm how long it takes between getting a call to offer you a position and actually starting in a job. I know it takes longer for Garda Stations and AGS due to garda vetting but outside of that roughly how long does it take does anyone know?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

Hi, can anyone confirm how long it takes between getting a call to offer you a position and actually starting in a job. I know it takes longer for Garda Stations and AGS due to garda vetting but outside of that roughly how long does it take does anyone know?

Thanks in advance

I've asked that here a few weeks ago. It varies. Usually 3 to 4 weeks, but I'd say about a month is average

• Advertisement

lamb stew wrote: »
      I've asked that here a few weeks ago. It varies. Usually 3 to 4 weeks, but I'd say about a month is average

Thanks lamb stew

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Redcat75

Anyone else obsessively check your vetting status ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

blondie007 wrote: »
      Anyone offered any jobs in Cork lately ??

I rang them this morning, their are still at batch 2.1 no 69 , doesn't seem to be moving 😒😒

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kenbug19

Anyone start in a Garda station? Just got offered position, what are the hours like and is there flexi ? 😊

Mskimee wrote: »
      I'm due to start next week. What kind of work do you do? is it all paperwork?

A lot of it is paperwork and typing statements/interviews and then recording all correspondence replying to emails all that kind of stuff

blaagirl03 wrote: »
      Anybody know whats the movement on Waterford?...How far have they called up to for stage 3 interview ?

Im on batch 3 no22 and im doing my interview on the 8th July

Any update on Waterford what number are they on ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Redcat75 wrote: »
      Anyone else obsessively check your vetting status ?

18 th week now

Any update on Kerry panel

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

Any update on the westmeath or offaly panels

Does anyone know at what point in the process do PAS request reference contact details? Is it at interview stage or at a later stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭blondie007

blaagirl03 wrote: »
      Does anyone know at what point in the process do PAS request reference contact details? Is it at interview stage or at a later stage?
      They ask for references only after you accept a position they offer you.

blondie007 wrote: »
      They ask for references only after you accept a position they offer you.

Thanks blondie...

Got the call today for revenue in limerick to start 26th Aug. I'm holding out for tipperary though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sarah2018

Anyone have updates on Meath panel? Or been placed in Meath yet ?

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

Anybody have any updates on cork? Rang last week but doesn't seem to be moving

Any update on the Kerry Panel

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Clairebear12

I emailed yesterday and they said they were just starting on batch 2.1 in Kerry. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Snicks

Very little movement in Offaly, the last time I checked they were at number 12 of first batch (that was not 12 Co positions filled either, many were on Laois panel which was very active) . Lots of temporary jobs being offered so that does not help the panel much.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

I emailed yesterday and th
      ey said they were just starting on batch 2.1 in Kerry. Hope this helps.

Thanks 🙂

• Advertisement
    Advertisement