Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

I emailed yesterday and they said they were just starting on batch 2.1 in Kerry. Hope this helps.

That is great news. Seems to be moving consistently these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Alexandragr

I am number 79 bunch 2.1 at the Cork panel and i just got a call for the Revenue. Hang in there Corkonians..your time is coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ali2019

I am number 79 bunch 2.1 at the Cork panel and i just got a call for the Revenue. Hang in there Corkonians..your time is coming :)

That was quick! I phoned them last Thursday and they were on number 69.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭blondie007

Congrats-that's great news for you-Finally !! Can I ask your start date in Revenue please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 daisyy87

Hi guys, Do u have any tips or questions for interview ? I have it tomorrow .Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

hi everybody ,

i have been offended Garda station , does anybody know how long clearance takes ? and whats the rate of pay is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KatieD88

EireinOZ wrote: »
    hi everybody ,

i have been offended Garda station , does anybody know how long clearance takes ? and whats the rate of pay is like?

I waited 14 weeks... Pay isn't too bad i come out with over 400 after tax im in a Garda station too

KatieD88 wrote: »
    I waited 14 weeks... Pay isn't too bad i come out with over 400 after tax im in a Garda station too

Some wait isn't it! So I'll probably be looking at October so! How do you find the work? What are the hours like?

Ali2019 wrote: »
    That was quick! I phoned them last Thursday and they were on number 69.

I know right?? i was very surprised myself!

blondie007 wrote: »
    Congrats-that's great news for you-Finally !! Can I ask your start date in Revenue please ?

Thank you so much :) training will start on the 30th of September and will last for 5months. I so wanted AGS but i think EireinOZ took it from me lol. I am currently negotiating the huge possibility of turning it down as i am 70klm away from the Revenue house...that would be for me almost 3 hours daily trip and a weeks pay in petrol. I now got a very tough decision to make. All the best to you Blondie.. we might meet in Blackpool ;)

• Advertisement

Thank you so much :) training will start on the 30th of September and will last for 5months. I so wanted AGS but i think EireinOZ took it from me lol. I am currently negotiating the huge possibility of turning it down as i am 70klm away from the Revenue house...that would be for me almost 3 hours daily trip and a weeks pay in petrol. I now got a very tough decision to make. All the best to you Blondie.. we might meet in Blackpool ;)
    That's some trek alright for you, no joke at all. If you turn it down at least you'll stay on the panel because it's over 45km from you. Big decision, hopefully they gave you some time to think about it ??

That's some trek alright for you, no joke at all. If you turn it down at least you'll stay on the panel because it's over 45km from you. Big decision, hopefully they gave you some time to think about it ??

in a bit of a pickle alright :) have to confirm by Wednesday morning...asked for one more day but didnt have an email back yet. Fingers crossed. :)

in a bit of a pickle alright :) have to confirm by Wednesday morning...asked for one more day but didnt have an email back yet. Fingers crossed. :)
    Keep us posted -all the very best-I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you-all is not lost if you turn it down.

Keep us posted -all the very best-I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you-all is not lost if you turn it down.

its a scary decision, having been unemployed for so long and hanging over the phone for months and months now. Thank you very much for your encouraging words. I will for sure :)

I know right?? i was very surprised myself!

It was very quick! Well done 😊

daisyy87 wrote: »
    Hi guys, Do u have any tips or questions for interview ? I have it tomorrow .Thanks
    Make sure you have all your competencies covered well . Keep your answers all about you... as in I did this , I suggested that....etc. The interviewers are very nice in general & do their best to relax you, they understand nerves are bound to be jangling a bit.. Deep breaths & the best of luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

hi everybody ,

I'm waiting since the end of February. Rang last week and they told me there is a backlog. A neighbour recently started in our local Garda station. Took 26 weeks for her clearance.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I'm waiting since the end of February. Rang last week and they told me there is a backlog. A neighbour recently started in our local Garda station. Took 26 weeks for her clearance.

26 weeks is ridiculous!!

Absolutely rediculous FFS

• Advertisement

Samsgirl wrote: »

What country are you waiting for clearance for? You have been waiting 5 months, that's madness!

I started in Feb and i love it, takes a while to get used to the processes as AGS have certain ways of doing and wording things :)

Hi kaite,

How long did your Garda clearance take?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

What country are you waiting for clearance for? You have been waiting 5 months, that's madness!

Tipperary.....

Some wait isn't it! So I'll probably be looking at October so! How do you find the work? What are the hours like?

Stop its too long !! House are flexible so very handy i normally do 8-4 work is grand mainly paperwork typing statements interviews memos writing emails i look after annual leave and the stationary store as well

Stop its too long !! House are flexible so very handy i normally do 8-4 work is grand mainly paperwork typing statements interviews memos writing emails i look after annual leave and the stationary store as well
    The work look grand, seems interesting, did you have to wait more than 12 weeks for clearance

The work look grand, seems interesting, did you have to wait more than 12 weeks for clearance

Mine was around 14 weeks

• Advertisement

When PAS contact you, do they tell you where you are being placed, subject to Vetting/references etc

lamb stew wrote: »
    When PAS contact you, do they tell you where you are being placed, subject to Vetting/references etc

yup, first they inform you of the position and then they give you over the phone and via email all the procedure details.

So i eventually had to turn down Revenue . Back in the waiting list again :) :rolleyes:

So i eventually had to turn down Revenue . Back in the waiting list again :) :rolleyes:
    You've made your decision now at least-something better ahead for you hopefully. Did they change your OOM or what way does it work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Majorkate2018

lamb stew wrote: »

Yes. They ask if you’re still interested in a position, then they tell you what they are offering and if you accept they give you all the info that they will also send via email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sweetpea90

Is anyone still waiting to be called for stage 2? Think I should give up hope now at this stage.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 countrygirl123

Sweetpea90 wrote: »
    Is anyone still waiting to be called for stage 2? Think I should give up hope now at this stage.. :/

I just got called today for Sligo - stage 2 next week.

I just got called today for Sligo - stage 2 next week.

Best of luck! :)

You've made your decision now at least-something better ahead for you hopefully. Did they change your OOM or what way does it work ?
    To be honest I have no idea, I didn't ask and they didn't tell me. All I know is that they will notify me when a position under 45klm away land in their desk. Now we are awaiting for your big news 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Clare - just got invite to stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

Are there many people waiting on Batch1/2/3 for Donegal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I just got invited to stage 2 for Clare. My first choice is Galway. Does any one know if my OOM changes for Clare will it also change for Galway?

Just got an email saying they've called up as far as 134 for Laois and 515 for Tipp to stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Almost Famous

Any idea how many people have now been placed in Kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Eire2019

I was offered a position in Revenue Cork,starting 16th of September. Anyone know what it is like to work for them?? Can't make up my mind on whether to take the job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Hi anyone know how many posts were filled from Clare or Galway panel??
    Just wondering if it's still worth going for the assessment or waste of time if there is no movement???

Eire2019 wrote: »
    I was offered a position in Revenue Cork,starting 16th of September. Anyone know what it is like to work for them?? Can't make up my mind on whether to take the job

Well done on getting an offer! Sorry I’m no help to you about what they are like to work for, I was wondering roughly what number were you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I've done 2 TCO contracts with them, it might not be everyones cup of Tea but i'd take it. Did they say what department of Revenue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

It's a great place to work by all accounts. Pleasant atmosphere and helpful staff. They've the usual flexi, parking on site and catering. People are mad to get in there from other departments. Some of their CO's are the best trained CO's in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sligo198r

Does anyone know if PAS have nearly finished assigning Batch 1.3 for Sligo and up to around what no. have now been called to Stage 2 next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 flamingopark

I was called for stage 2 for Limerick over a month ago and I had an interview this week so there is still a chance I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

Have Galway or Mayo called any new batch since the first one. They are really slow moving for 2 fairly big counties.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

I just got invited to stage 2 for Clare. My first choice is Galway. Does any one know if my OOM changes for Clare will it also change for Galway?

There’s no way of knowing. If it changes for one it may not change for the other...it depends on scores of all the other candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RioM

Just got an email saying they've called up as far as 134 for Laois and 515 for Tipp to stage 2.

I'm not far from that number for Laois and have heard nothing since my results last year. Does this mean I could hear something in a few months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Eire2019

Fracture wrote: »
    I've done 2 TCO contracts with them, it might not be everyones cup of Tea but i'd take it. Did they say what department of Revenue?

Thanks for replying, I wasn't told what department I would be in.

Advertisement