Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Eire2019

CZ 453 wrote: »
    It's a great place to work by all accounts. Pleasant atmosphere and helpful staff. They've the usual flexi, parking on site and catering. People are mad to get in there from other departments. Some of their CO's are the best trained CO's in the country.

Thanks for all the info. I have decided to go ahead and accept the position. It sounds like a nice place to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SE2020

Has anyone been contacted in Meath batch 2.1 for a position yet? I rang them today they said that there are a few positions that have come in for batch 2.1. I am in the top 10 so just wondering has anyone heard anything yet and where the vacancies are?.. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chatty

Any idea how many people have now been placed in Kilkenny?

I was told Monday via phone they had reached number 38 batch 1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Almost Famous

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SophieKeane

SE2020 wrote: »
    Has anyone been contacted in Meath batch 2.1 for a position yet? I rang them today they said that there are a few positions that have come in for batch 2.1. I am in the top 10 so just wondering has anyone heard anything yet and where the vacancies are?.. thanks

Hi there, I'm also in top 10 for Meath Batch 1.2....no word for me yet. I had another location preference in a much bigger county, and was shocked to see that I went down the OOM for Meath and up the OOM for the bigger county after the interview...Did you ask whether there were any left to place from Batch 1.1?

• Advertisement

Hi there, I'm also in top 10 for Meath Batch 1.2....no word for me yet. I had another location preference in a much bigger county, and was shocked to see that I went down the OOM for Meath and up the OOM for the bigger county after the interview...Did you ask whether there were any left to place from Batch 1.1?

Sorry I am in batch 2.1 when I rang they said all of batch 1.1 1.2 and 1.3 had been placed or contacted with an assignment and that they were starting batch 2.1 now and vacancies had come in ? Are u batch 2.1 ?

Sorry I am in batch 2.1 when I rang they said all of batch 1.1 1.2 and 1.3 had been placed or contacted with an assignment and that they were starting batch 2.1 now and vacancies had come in ? Are u batch 2.1 ?

Yeah I'm in top 10 Batch 2.1 for Meath as well....haven't heard anything since I got my new OOM after the interview...Have you?

Yeah I'm in top 10 Batch 2.1 for Meath as well....haven't heard anything since I got my new OOM after the interview...Have you?

No haven't heard anything so I rang yesterday and they told me that jobs have come in for batch 2.1 but that it would be a few weeks yet before they make contact so it's on the way anyway . Would love to know where the vacancies are

No haven't heard anything so I rang yesterday and they told me that jobs have come in for batch 2.1 but that it would be a few weeks yet before they make contact so it's on the way anyway . Would love to know where the vacancies are

Oh that's great news! Thanks a lot for the investigative work and the information....I look forward to their correspondence...

Oh that's great news! Thanks a lot for the investigative work and the information....I look forward to their correspondence...

No problem best of luck with your placement 😊

• Advertisement

No problem best of luck with your placement 😊

Likewise. See you in Navan for a cuppa!

Likewise. See you in Navan for a cuppa!

Imagine haha that's my preference so hopefully it works out for us !

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

Anyone heard anything from the westmeath panel yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11 daisyy87

I had interview on Monday for westmeath.How long does it take to get results back? :D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ali2019

Got feedback for the Cork region and they are onto batch 2.2

daisyy87 wrote: »
    I had interview on Monday for westmeath.How long does it take to get results back? :D:eek:

I was told in my interview 3-4 weeks and I’d gotten an email within 2 weeks, not sure if that’s the way with every region though.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

Got a response back from clearance re Mayo but nothing on Galway.

Mayo are on number 14 batch 1.1. They were on 12 back in May. 30 people are in that first batch.

Very slow moving county. Taking gisc out of the panel is obviously reducing the amount of offers. I guess a lot of people were turning it down because of the shift work.

Is the panel in operation 6 months now or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

Joe222 wrote:
    Mayo are on number 14 batch 1.1. They were on 12 back in May. 30 people are in that first batch.

They told me today that no. 16 will get the next offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sugarpop18

Apart from the practice test on the public jobs website has anyone come across any other good practice aptitude tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭gerogerigegege

Sugarpop18 wrote: »
    Apart from the practice test on the public jobs website has anyone come across any other good practice aptitude tests?
    same question !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Sugarpop18 wrote: »

If you do the ones on the PublicJobs website that’s all you need...I practised those tests and improved my speed each time etc. and came 1st in batch 1 in one county and I think 3rd in batch 1 in the other 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭gerogerigegege

SB1982 wrote: »
    If you do the ones on the PublicJobs website that’s all you need...I practised those tests and improved my speed each time etc. and came 1st in batch 1 in one county and I think 3rd in batch 1 in the other ��
    Thanks SB1982, much appreciated !

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Northridge85

Hi,

An update on Cork, I'm 2.1 No. 91 and got offered a position today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Hi,

Congrats. Are they still calling the positions for Revenue?

Congrats. Are they still calling the positions for Revenue?
    I got offered Revenue

I got offered Revenue

Big class starting there I hear. Lovely place to work. Best of luck.

Big class starting there I hear. Lovely place to work. Best of luck.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭blondie007

Hi,

Congrats !! Me too -Revenue as well. Starting Sept 16th-how about you. I know there's a bunch starting on the 30th also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

blondie007 wrote: »
    Congrats !! Me too -Revenue as well. Starting Sept 16th-how about you. I know there's a bunch starting on the 30th also.

Is there two groups starting in Revenue Cork in September?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

fin12 wrote: »
    I'm starting 30th of September in the revenue

Hi, I'm starting the 16th Sept as well :)

Yes, the 16th & 30th September.

Hi, I'm starting the 16th Sept as well :)
    See you then , looking forward to it now !

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Alexandragr

Hi,

Hi,

Congratulations blondie! I assume Blackpool. Hope you'll love it and wishing everybody a great career ahead

Congratulations blondie! I assume Blackpool. Hope you'll love it and wishing everybody a great career ahead
    Thanks a million-any update for you since ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭busy_mom

Sweetpea90 wrote: »
    Is anyone still waiting to be called for stage 2? Think I should give up hope now at this stage.. :/

I'm waiting to be called for stage 2 for Monaghan/Cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DD12

Has anyone been turned down for vetting in AGS and successfully found out why? Was offered a position and waited 21/22 weeks for vetting to come back as unsuccessful. Contacted the local Chief Superintendent who told me he had sent a letter and there was no probable cause that he knew of that my vetting would be deemed unsuccessful. I have tried other areas but nobody will give me an answer as to why it was unsuccessful. Anyone any info???

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

Jesus no sorry, but keep following it up, with pressure. Maybe you didn't fill in it correctly, but you'd think that they would tell you. It's a pure balls if thry don't tell you. I'm sure under the Freedom of Information Act, you would be entitled to know. Some one mentioned here previously going back ages, that they had a Cousin who had been in trouble, and this caused problems for them. But I remember thinking it sounded totally of the walls altogether, not unless they shared the same First Name, Surname and address

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Bailey25

Any updates on the wexford panel? Heard that they have placed 6 on batch 1.2 about 2-3 weeks ago

Jesus no sorry, but keep following it up, with pressure. Maybe you didn't fill in it correctly, but you'd think that they would tell you. It's a pure balls if thry don't tell you. I'm sure under the Freedom of Information Act, you would be entitled to know. Some one mentioned here previously going back ages, that they had a Cousin who had been in trouble, and this caused problems for them. But I remember thinking it sounded totally of the walls altogether, not unless they shared the same First Name, Surname and address

Tried that angle as well. Got a letter back that my request for Freedom Of Information has been rejected. Would just like to know why it didn’t go through and wondering if anyone ever had any luck in finding out why. Thanks😊

• Advertisement

Thanks a million-any update for you since ??

nope, nothing yet, i wont have any news for a good while i am afraid :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,671 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

DD12 wrote: »
    Tried that angle as well. Got a letter back that my request for Freedom Of Information has been rejected. Would just like to know why it didn’t go through and wondering if anyone ever had any luck in finding out why. Thanks��

People have been turned down because of people/friends that hung around with as a teenager.

mariaalice wrote: »
    People have been turned down because of people/friends that hung around with as a teenager.
    That’s mad

Is there a family i wonder that doesnt have at least one black sheep ? And not just that but i would say with conviction that at least every second person has had a legal dispute or a legal issue of some sort at some stage in their life. That was a pretty scary story you told us there ...impossible to know what can make you unfit for the job.

That’s mad

Its not going to affect anyone in the vast majority of civil or public services jobs only those that require enhanced vetting.

Has anyone been turned down for vetting in AGS and successfully found out why? Was offered a position and waited 21/22 weeks for vetting to come back as unsuccessful. Contacted the local Chief Superintendent who told me he had sent a letter and there was no probable cause that he knew of that my vetting would be deemed unsuccessful. I have tried other areas but nobody will give me an answer as to why it was unsuccessful. Anyone any info???

A general garda vetting check would involve checking for convictions. It would also involve 'soft' disclosures such as- you've been investigated for beating a child or old person etc.

The vetting for AGS though has much more scrutiny. It would look at relatives, friends and all of the above. So you could be rejected based on an association/family connection who was or is involved in petty theft etc. It makes sense when you think about it. If you knew people involved in petty crime you'd be in a position to tip them off as to how resources are being targeted at a specific area or group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

A general garda vetting check would involve checking for convictions. It would also involve 'soft' disclosures such as- you've been investigated for beating a child or old person etc.

The vetting for AGS though has much more scrutiny. It would look at relatives, friends and all of the above. So you could be rejected based on an association/family connection who was or is involved in petty theft etc. It makes sense when you think about it. If you knew people involved in petty crime you'd be in a position to tip them off as to how resources are being targeted at a specific area or group.

Isn’t there a relation of the kinahan gang who’s a trainee guard? How da f*ck did they get through vetting?

Isn’t there a relation of the kinahan gang who’s a trainee guard? How da f*ck did they get through vetting?

But where would you stop if that was the only thing taking it to account, cousins second cousins third cousins?

Congratulations!! Just wondering what number you were on the list? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 noodlestrudle

Anyone know where they are placing in Waterford please?

• Advertisement
Advertisement