Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nuternol

Anyone know where they are placing in Waterford please?

I emailed earlier about Waterford, they are currently half way through batch 2.1 and there are approximately 26 in that batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 flamingopark

Has anyone heard anything regarding placements in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 noodlestrudle

Nuternol wrote: »
    I emailed earlier about Waterford, they are currently half way through batch 2.1 and there are approximately 26 in that batch.

Thanks a million for that and do you know if there 3 groups in each batch? Eg 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 or do you know how it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

DD12 wrote: »
    Tried that angle as well. Got a letter back that my request for Freedom Of Information has been rejected. Would just like to know why it didn’t go through and wondering if anyone ever had any luck in finding out why. Thanks😊

Where does that leave you now?. Can you revert back to PAS, asking to be put back on Panel for another role, cuz if not I'd be talking to a Solicitor. It's like for some unknown reason you have failed vetting. Jesus that would drive me around the bend. I know you don't want to hear it, but you're better off if that's the case. Just hoping the Public Appointment Service will put you back on top of the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nuternol

Thanks a million for that and do you know if there 3 groups in each batch? Eg 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 or do you know how it works?

I don’t know how many groups in each batch but hopefully they moving through them fairly quickly 😊 I’m in batch 3.1

• Registered Users Posts: 17 noodlestrudle

Nuternol wrote: »
    I don’t know how many groups in each batch but hopefully they moving through them fairly quickly 😊 I’m in batch 3.1

Me too. Hopefully won't be too long :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭blondie007

Ali2019 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! Just wondering what number you were on the list? :)
    I'm in Batch 2.1-number 89. I know someone else on here was also offered Revenue-they're number 91.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Pippool23

Morning, was wondering has any one heard back about the AGS jobs yet. It has been a long time and the wait doesn't seem to be ending any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Pippool23 wrote: »
    Morning, was wondering has any one heard back about the AGS jobs yet. It has been a long time and the wait doesn't seem to be ending any time soon.

I'm waiting since the end of Feb for my clearance. Long wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

fin12 wrote: »
    Isn’t there a relation of the kinahan gang who’s a trainee guard? How da f*ck did they get through vetting?

that's so corrupt but then again that sums up the Gardai

I wish they could just say you will be starting on, say September. All the waiting around and not knowing when you may be start is the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 blaagirl03

I am also in the same boat...in batch 3.1 20's..The lady in PAS said there is approximately 30 odd ahead of me to be placed....I guess it's gonna be a long wait if I'm even lucky enough for my number to be reached. :(. At least there is a year left on this panel anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Alexandragr

Has anyone been turned down for vetting in AGS and successfully found out why? Was offered a position and waited 21/22 weeks for vetting to come back as unsuccessful. Contacted the local Chief Superintendent who told me he had sent a letter and there was no probable cause that he knew of that my vetting would be deemed unsuccessful. I have tried other areas but nobody will give me an answer as to why it was unsuccessful. Anyone any info???

Just found out from PAS that you keep your position in the panel if this wont take you anywhere and they will offer you a job that doesnt require the thorough Garda vetting . So not all is lost :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DD12

Just found out from PAS that you keep your position in the panel if this wont take you anywhere and they will offer you a job that doesnt require the thorough Garda vetting . So not all is lost :).

Thanks there’s still hope then😊

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SE2020

Just got an offer for Meath batch 2.1 so it's moving on..absolutely over the moon with it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

Anyone appointed from westmeath or Offaly lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

SE2020 wrote: »
    Just got an offer for Meath batch 2.1 so it's moving on..absolutely over the moon with it !

Congratulations! Can I ask what number were you (approx) please? Great that it's moving.

liniloo wrote: »
    Congratulations! Can I ask what number were you (approx) please? Great that it's moving.

Pm'd you there

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tinker.bell12

Hi had stage 2 today, not sure how it went!!! how many questions do you have to get right in each to pass? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pippa800

Has anyone been turned down for vetting in AGS and successfully found out why? Was offered a position and waited 21/22 weeks for vetting to come back as unsuccessful. Contacted the local Chief Superintendent who told me he had sent a letter and there was no probable cause that he knew of that my vetting would be deemed unsuccessful. I have tried other areas but nobody will give me an answer as to why it was unsuccessful. Anyone any info???

I have met a man who recently got turned down at AGS vetting.
    He was told it was due to appealing a speeding ticket.
    He told me that the vetting looks into a lot of aspects, such as, weather a person is heavily in debt (could be open to bribery)
    I don't know how true that is. Anyway the good news is he was offered a different post and is happily working now.

• Advertisement

Pippool23 wrote: »

Did you get through the vetting process?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 firsttime_tat

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone on this panel would have any experience being placed in a Garda station & what would the work entail?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Snicks

TrishaK wrote: »
    Anyone appointed from westmeath or Offaly lately?

TrishaK Offaly batch 1.2 making placements. Number 7 placed. No idea about Westmeath. PAS are great a replying you should come email them.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

Any update on Kerry Panel. Last we heard hear, they were moving on to batch 2

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone on this panel would have any experience being placed in a Garda station & what would the work entail?

I would be interested too. I've just come through the Garda vetting and am waiting to be given a start date. I'm placed in Meath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Any update on Kerry Panel. Last we heard hear, they were moving on to batch 2

They still have 1 person to place on batch 1.2.
    When you call them they say they are now moving to batch 2 but they've been saying that for the last 4 weeks. I'd imagine someone on the chain has gone on holidays and they are waiting on them back to get approval to move forward.

pippa800 wrote: »
    I would be interested too. I've just come through the Garda vetting and am waiting to be given a start date. I'm placed in Meath

I dont have a personal experience but i have talked with people who work in AGS for decades and read a lot of reviews here and on the internet in general. They are all thrilled;very interesting job and very satisfied with the workload and the challenges. I ve only read one review where a certain candidate got flustered at the first days at work because he was alone and had no guidance or help. And of course you never know if you will be the unlucky one to work with the jerk of the force ....because they are out there, holding jobs, high positions and everything... creeping up on you where you least expect it :D:D:D
    Other than that i would say that the AGS workplace gets a 5 star rating. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KatieD88

Pm me if you like im in AGS since Feb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Australia33

I’ve been invited for stage 2 - supervised aptitude test. Anybody else?

pippa800 wrote: »
    Did you get through the vetting process?

The vetting was done for me as far as I know. Was asked for all the people I have lived with and their date of births for the next stage. Haven't heard a thing since then and that was week's ago and when I email the Garda HR. They just say there is a back log and they don't have a timescale for when the job could start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Sadiemai

Got offered a position in Tipperary today. I was batch 2.2 number 22.

Sadiemai wrote: »

Where are you going to? Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sadiemai

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Where are you going to? Congrats!

Thank you. Was offered AGS....let the long wait for clearance begin

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

Hi, know its been asked here before but can't find the answer..roughly how long from getting the call to start if not AGS, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Blubelle18 wrote: »
    Hi, know its been asked here before but can't find the answer..roughly how long from getting the call to start if not AGS, please?

For me 5 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Always wondered about these positions, pass the local government department every day on way to Dublin (Dept of education) and to be honest I would gladly take the paycut to work there.

The route to getting the lower paid job in my locality however is very arduous, aptitude test, probably a 2nd aptitude test followed by couple of interviews before being placed on a panel for a couple of years (if lucky).

All in hope of being offered a role that will probably start on 25k. Am I missing something? Is there any easier way to find positions in your local area?

Thanks in advance

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Always wondered about these positions, pass the local government department every day on way to Dublin (Dept of education) and to be honest I would gladly take the paycut to work there.

The route to getting the lower paid job in my locality however is very arduous, aptitude test, probably a 2nd aptitude test followed by couple of interviews before being placed on a panel for a couple of years (if lucky).

All in hope of being offered a role that will probably start on 25k. Am I missing something? Is there any easier way to find positions in your local area?

Thanks in advance

Well for a civil service job the process is quite drawn out and tedious but worth it in the end ..if you are already in a job you have nothing to lose by applying anyway.. I was a temp and still am in the civil service and I have just been offered a job in Meath as a permanent co which I am thrilled with ..I know many people working in civil service and all of them have such great flexibility and work life balance so for me it was a no brainer getting there however it's arduous , an initial online test/questionnaire then an aptitude test then an interview ..there are so many applying I guess it is the only way to narrow the field. It took just over a year for me to complete the process and get a position but worth it 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EJHO28

Hi all. Was offered AGS in Tipperary anyone any idea on the length of vetting and what it entails.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KatieD88

EJHO28 wrote: »
    Hi all. Was offered AGS in Tipperary anyone any idea on the length of vetting and what it entails.

I waited 12 weeks for mine but some people have had to wait double that it all depends :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Sadiemai wrote: »

A friend who was number 6 for about a week after doing her interview 2 weeks ago got a call yesterday for a position and took it.

So they seem to be flying through the Tipperary panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sweetpea90

For Tipperary do they offer positions based on whether you are north or south?

the shortest term ive heard is 5 weeks and the longest 28.

Sweetpea90 wrote: »
    For Tipperary do they offer positions based on whether you are north or south?

No, they offer you the next position that becomes available for your order of merit ....... But.... There is a 45km rule and if your commute is over 45kms you can defer the position and wait for one closer to your home and not lose your placing in the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mskimee

I was 14 weeks from the “would you be interested in AGS” phone call to my start date. I think it depends on the amount of previous addresses you had etc. I had Garda clearance from all my previous jobs and they all took 2/3 weeks but DOJ jobs have to go through extra clearance. Once you have the offer it’s just a waiting game unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Hi how long did you have to wait for the results after assessment in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Clairebear12

Do you mean the interview in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Snicks

Folks I worked in Telecom Eireann for a year back in the day, it was semi state at the time. Would this service account for anything on the increment scale?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Snicks wrote: »
    Folks I worked in Telecom Eireann for a year back in the day, it was semi state at the time. Would this service account for anything on the increment scale?

I wouldn’t think so...there is a limit on how far back you can go and I’m not sure Telecom Eireann would count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

Snicks wrote: »

You should check that out I worked for Social Welfare for 6 months and I was able to transfer my service over.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Hi I just got the results of supervised assessment. Can anyone tell me does this result counts for both Counties or do I have to do it again for my second choice ???

• Advertisement
Advertisement