Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 blaagirl03

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Hi I just got the results of supervised assessment. Can anyone tell me does this result counts for both Counties or do I have to do it again for my second choice ???

Counts for both counties...same applies for interview results.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Slevvvvy

Hey I just got the stage 2 results this eve and I’ve placed Batch 2 Number 1 in Co Westmeath. I’m assuming this is good right? Would anyone know the typical waiting time to interview and from interview (if I pass) to job offer with this kind of OOM? Thanks a mill ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tones67

I see Clare maybe starting to move. If you took post in your other county can you still be offered your second county

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Got called today for guards in templemore.

Whst I meant was I took post in County 1 in March and today got notified of my position in batch 2 Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Twe2018

Hi all I received my assessment scores this evening batch 5 no 61 for limerick .... I don’t know whether this is good or bad score ??

Sadiemai wrote: »
    Thank you. Was offered AGS....let the long wait for clearance begin

I got called too. I was no 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bally123

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sadiemai viewpost.gif

Well done Sadiemai and katiek102010 - do ye mind me asking did ye get called for the Garda College or the Garda Station?

Bally123 wrote: »
    Quote:

Well done Sadiemai and katiek102010 - do ye mind me asking did ye get called for the Garda College or the Garda Station?

I think it's the college.

There seems to be a lot of people being assigned to there. Best of luck :) Hopefully the vetting process doesn't take too long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

How do you know what batch it is? I see people saying batch 2.1 etc. Ingot the results yesterday.
    It said near the subject Our Ref: Batch 2.
    I took the test for my second choice county of Clare, moved from 192 to 23 but that was the only reference to batch I think

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gerrro

Lads does anyone know what the story is if you accepted your second choice and a few months later you are notified about your first choice are you allowed to proceed and accept if you get an offer, as i understood it if you accepted an offer you would be removed from the panel and not receive another offer

There seems to be a lot of people being assigned to there. Best of luck :) Hopefully the vetting process doesn't take too long!

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bredamb

tones67 wrote: »
    Whst I meant was I took post in County 1 in March and today got notified of my position in batch 2 Clare

Can I ask what position you are please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sadiemai

Quote:

As far as I know my position is in a station.

Best of luck!! It's great to see the Tipp panel is moving. Did ye get any indication of how long vetting might take?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sadiemai

Best of luck!! It's great to see the Tipp panel is moving. Did ye get any indication of how long vetting might take?

Thanks! I was told a minimum of 3 months but looking at other candidates on here I’m expecting it to be longer.

3 months at a minimum!! That'll bring it up to near Halloween:eek:

Same as. Curious why we were notified if already assigned elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Early teens

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

How do you know what batch it is? I see people saying batch 2.1 etc. Ingot the results yesterday.
    It said near the subject Our Ref: Batch 2.
    I took the test for my second choice county of Clare, moved from 192 to 23 but that was the only reference to batch I think

Same here. Batch no 2😠we will see how long it will take for the interviews???

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Oasisfan88

I recently went for interview with Clare County Council for the clerical officer position for their 2019 campaign

I've been placed in the High 80s on the panel. I don't expect to be called

Does anyone know how many people will be called for these positions and how many are on the initial panel and how long it's valid for?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

tones67 wrote: »

Once you’ve been assigned a position in one of your chosen counties you forefront your place on the panel for your other chosen county.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KatieD88

Anyone on the Waterford panel in Batch 3 they have reached my number i was 18 and I've been offered AGS (i currently already work in a station in Dublin ha :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

Does anyone know what batch PAS are hiring from at the moment for Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Kevin17W

Re: Longford,
    For those of you that have been called for Longford, is it mostly Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection. Or has many if any been offered Irish Prison Services, AGS and Revenue.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ciabris

KatieD88 wrote: »
    Anyone on the Waterford panel in Batch 3 they have reached my number i was 18 and I've been offered AGS (i currently already work in a station in Dublin ha :) )

Hi Katie I’m not on the Waterford panel but I’ve been assigned a position with AGS in Dublin. What’s it like to work in?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

Ciabris wrote: »
    Hi Katie I’m not on the Waterford panel but I’ve been assigned a position with AGS in Dublin. What’s it like to work in?

Oh i love it the work is so interesting mainly paperwork typing statements interview reports recording correspondence answer and forward emails :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ali2019

I rang them Monday and they were on batch 2.2 no 18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

Any more on Kerry??

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bredamb

Has anyone in Clare received new OOM after Stage 2 please

• Registered Users Posts: 33 blaagirl03

KatieD88 wrote: »
    Congrats Katie...very lucky!! ��...I'm not too far behind you in that batch so hopefully I'll get a call for somewhere soon .... fingers crossed...

blaagirl03 wrote: »
    Congrats Katie...very lucky!! ��...I'm not too far behind you in that batch so hopefully I'll get a call for somewhere soon .... fingers crossed...[/quote

Thanks so much im commuting to Dublin from Rosslare every day and its a bitch to be honest love the work tho ! Let me know if you get AGS we could end up sitting beside each other :) hopefully you will get word soon :)

Anyone know is it just the AGS that does the intense vetting or are there other Departments that do it aswell. Also what kind of vetting do they do. How is it different from those that we fill out in ordinary Garda Vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Bredamb wrote: »
    Has anyone in Clare received new OOM after Stage 2 please

Yes. You will get new OOM after every stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

lamb stew wrote: »
    Any more on Kerry??
    Hi Lamb Stew, I emailed about Kerry and there has been no movement. They said they have placed last person on batch 1.2 and they are now moving on to batch 2.1.... very disappointing but all we can do is wait and hope we will be called before panel expires. Can anyone that gets a call for Kerry let us know on here please so we have some idea of any movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Clairebear12

Does the panel last until end of 2020 do you know? I'm hoping to get placed in Kerry too in the near future!! Hopefully it will start moving soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Does the panel last until end of 2020 do you know? I'm hoping to get placed in Kerry too in the near future!! Hopefully it will start moving soon.

Yes it will stay open till late 2020.

dorbrogra wrote: »
    Hi Lamb Stew, I emailed about Kerry and there has been no movement. They said they have placed last person on batch 1.2 and they are now moving on to batch 2.1.... very disappointing but all we can do is wait and hope we will be called before panel expires. Can anyone that gets a call for Kerry let us know on here please so we have some idea of any movement.

Thanks. We keep hearing about this last person on 1.2. Such a drawn out process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Anyone know is it just the AGS that does the intense vetting or are there other Departments that do it aswell. Also what kind of vetting do they do. How is it different from those that we fill out in ordinary Garda Vetting.

Courts Service, DOJ, Prison Service, DPP, Probation Service. Any department with access to very sensitive info pretty much.

Courts Service, DOJ, Prison Service, DPP, Probation Service. Any department with access to very sensitive info pretty much.

Do you know what extra vetting they do. I know people who got Justice, and their Vetting was back pretty quick as in days or 2 weeks max.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

After 5 long months my Garda clearance came through today!!

Samsgirl wrote: »

What do they be looking for

What do they be looking for

Genuinely don't know. No one would tell me when I asked.

Genuinely don't know. No one would tell me when I asked.

Hiw did you know you were subject to extra vetting. Did they tell you, or was it a form you filled out, and did you complete the normal Garda Vetting on top of it.

Hiw did you know you were subject to extra vetting. Did they tell you, or was it a form you filled out, and did you complete the normal Garda Vetting on top of it.

I did the usual Garda vetting process and it took 4 or 5 days. Then they did they extra security clearance for AGS. They didn't asked me anything else all the info they had was on the original form I submitted.

I did the usual Garda vetting process and it took 4 or 5 days. Then they did they extra security clearance for AGS. They didn't asked me anything else all the info they had was on the original form I submitted.

Feck sake how did that take 5 months. When you say the original form you submitted was that the normal Garda Vetting form, or was it a special form asking for email and phone number all your addresses you ever lived in

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ali2019

Great news that your clearance finally came through!! :-)

Crazy at how long it has taken you to get clearance!! What did they ask, just the general addresses and any previous convictions? Have you lived abroad? That’s what I presumed what was taking peoples clearance so long!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 SE2020

Congrats .. it must have been unbelievably frustrating .. good luck in your new post in AGS

Advertisement