Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Ali2019 wrote: »
    Great news that your clearance finally came through!! :-)

Crazy at how long it has taken you to get clearance!! What did they ask, just the general addresses and any previous convictions? Have you lived abroad? That’s what I presumed what was taking peoples clearance so long!!

Never lived abroad and no convictions at all. 3 previous penalty points but they gone since December 18.

I just filled in the usual form, giving my passport number, name, address, dob etc.. gave all my previous addresses and that was it.

Anytime I queried it I was told there was a backlog with special clearance.

Just delighted it's finally through :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ali2019

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Never lived abroad and no convictions at all. 3 previous penalty points but they gone since December 18.

I just filled in the usual form, giving my passport number, name, address, dob etc.. gave all my previous addresses and that was it.

Anytime I queried it I was told there was a backlog with special clearance.

Just delighted it's finally through :)

I was just presuming lots of people had lived abroad! Haha

A very long wait, thankfully it’s gone through now for you! Have you gotten a start date now that the Garda vetting is cleared?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mskimee

After 5 long months my Garda clearance came through today!!

Fantastic!! Delighted for you!!!

Ali2019 wrote: »
    I was just presuming lots of people had lived abroad! Haha

A very long wait, thankfully it’s gone through now for you! Have you gotten a start date now that the Garda vetting is cleared?

No date yet but presume September as my current work contract expires at the end of Aug (public sector) and I would like to see that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 noodlestrudle

blaagirl03 wrote: »
    Congrats Katie...very lucky!! ��...I'm not too far behind you in that batch so hopefully I'll get a call for somewhere soon .... fingers crossed...

That's fantastic Katie. Not far behind you either. Did you get a start date? Fingers crossed we be called soon then
    blaagirl 😊

• Advertisement

KatieD88 wrote: »
    Anyone on the Waterford panel in Batch 3 they have reached my number i was 18 and I've been offered AGS (i currently already work in a station in Dublin ha :) )

That's fantastic well done. Did you get a start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ali2019

No date yet but presume September as my current work contract expires at the end of Aug (public sector) and I would like to see that out.

That would be perfect timing!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KatieD88

That's fantastic Katie. Not far behind you either. Did you get a start date? Fingers crossed we be called soon then
    blaagirl 😊[/quote

Nope no yet PAS need to get a reference from AGS before they can transfer me from the station im in now to Waterford one

blaagirl 😊[/quote

Nope no yet PAS need to get a reference from AGS before they can transfer me from the station im in now to Waterford one

Hopefully you won't be waiting too long. Great news. Bet your delighted

Hopefully you won't be waiting too long. Great news. Bet your delighted

Oh god yeah i am the commute to Dublin is a bitch ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 SE2020

Anyone else been placed in Meath yet and if so what department? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

Just got a reply to an email that I sent asking how many candidates are in front of me to be placed and was told 5. 2 weeks ago I was told it was 2. Bit confused now to say the least!! Are there different lists or why is the information they are giving out not consistent. Bit frustrating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Blubelle18 wrote: »
    Just got a reply to an email that I sent asking how many candidates are in front of me to be placed and was told 5. 2 weeks ago I was told it was 2. Bit confused now to say the least!! Are there different lists or why is the information they are giving out not consistent. Bit frustrating!

I've had different information given to me numerous times on the phone, i'm not sure why it happens, most of the time it's accurate. What county did you enquire about?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 blaagirl03

Would it have anything to do with candidates turning down other locations in the hope of getting their first preference?? Either way hopefully you won't be waiting too long for the call !!

Did you query this with them after that reply? It prob has something to do with others turning down their other locations

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

Didn't query it but might next time if info is inconsistent again! As ye said, probably got to do with candidate's not accepting offer of other counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Redcat75

For anyone who has started or will be starting in limerick in Riverhouse. Where is best to park ? And how much per week/ month roughly ?
    Also how long does it take to get onto the motorway in the evenings between 5 and 5.30 ? Trying to figure out if I need childcare after 6 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tones67

Bredamb wrote: »
    Has anyone in Clare received new OOM after Stage 2 please
    Yes surprisingly as already placed in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Hi anyone know how many were placed in Clare or Galway from 2016 competition? I I couldn't find anything about Clare on the CO2016 thread. Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bredamb

I got a new number yesterday, I turned Limerick down a few months ago, I wonder will you get the option to take Clare now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Redcat75 wrote: »
    For anyone who has started or will be starting in limerick in Riverhouse. Where is best to park ? And how much per week/ month roughly ?
    Also how long does it take to get onto the motorway in the evenings between 5 and 5.30 ? Trying to figure out if I need childcare after 6 :)

I’m in Sarsfield House...I priced all the carparks before starting and Cornmarket is the cheapest. It’s €50 per month excluding weekends. If you’re going via the Dock Road and down the Condell Road sometimes it takes an hour just to get down onto the motorway. I park in Cornmarket and go onto the motorway via King Johns Castle and it’s much quicker...you’re maybe 15 mins and you’re on the motorway. It depends what direction you’re going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kimmy21

Anyone here been placed in the OPW .. ? Wondering what it is like there? Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

Does anyone know when PAS check references. Is it before or after they contact you about a position. I don't remember whether I put down names for references on my app for

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nuternol

lamb stew wrote: »
    Does anyone know when PAS check references. Is it before or after they contact you about a position. I don't remember whether I put down names for references on my app for

Hi,
    They let you know of the position available and if you still would like to be considered for the position before checking references

Nuternol wrote: »
    Hi,
    They let you know of the position available and if you still would like to be considered for the position before checking references

But do you give the name of the Referees in the app form for when we applied or do we give it after they offer us a position as part of back ground check

• Registered Users Posts: 33 blaagirl03

But do you give the name of the Referees in the app form for when we applied or do we give it after they offer us a position as part of back ground check

We didn't nominate any references in the application form...they weren't required at that stage....the first time they have contact details for your reference is when they ring and offer you a position..

Anyone know how long it takes from reference check to start date? Just waiting for my boss to come back from hols next Mon as he is my referee. Contract up at end of Aug in current job and am hoping to have contract for new job signed and a start date agreed for early September.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Eire2019

I'm starting in Revenue Cork in September as a Clerical officer. Does anyone know what's the training like??

blaagirl03 wrote: »
    We didn't nominate any references in the application form...they weren't required at that stage....the first time they have contact details for your reference is when they ring and offer you a position..

Thanks, couldn't remember giving them 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Eire2019 wrote: »
    I'm starting in Revenue Cork in September as a Clerical officer. Does anyone know what's the training like??

Training is well organised, structured and comprehensive. Youll be fine. There'll be enough of ye there. CO's in Revenue are some of the best trained in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Training is excellent. There is a list of courses they will have lined up for you and you’ll be called for them with a group of the colleagues you started with. Trainers are very good and the courses well structured. Most courses are two days long. You won’t be training constantly but you will have training days in between normal days. You’ll be fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

I'm starting in September too, what date are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭blondie007

EireinOZ wrote: »
    Im starting as well- I was told Sept 16th by PAS but when Revenue contacted me themselves I was told it's actually the 30th for everyone in Cork. Is that what you were told ??

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kenbug19

Anyone assigned to AGS still waiting on vetting to be cleared? :) Seems to be taking forever

Kenbug19 wrote: »
    Anyone assigned to AGS still waiting on vetting to be cleared? :) Seems to be taking forever

How long are you waiting now Ken ? I waited 12 weeks from last November till February this year I've heard of it taking nearly double that time for some people its well worth the time it takes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Pippool23

Tell me about it, I am waiting about 5 month's at this stage and still haven't heard anything.

How long are you waiting now Ken ? I waited 12 weeks from last November till February this year I've heard of it taking nearly double that time for some people its well worth the time it takes :)

Waiting 8 weeks so far another 4 to go if all goes to plan but I’ve heard there’s a back log so I’d say I’ll be waiting a lot longer :(

Pippool23 wrote: »
    Tell me about it, I am waiting about 5 month's at this stage and still haven't heard anything.

What county are down for? Hopefully it’ll speed up soon 😊

How long does clearance take??, in general not for AGS

What county are down for? Hopefully it’ll speed up soon ��

I am down for Dublin. Fingers crossed it speeds up soon. Its the waiting around that is killing me. Not knowing when they are going to phone

• Advertisement

2-3 weeks :)

EireinOZ wrote: »

The 30th of September

blondie007 wrote: »
    Im starting as well- I was told Sept 16th by PAS but when Revenue contacted me themselves I was told it's actually the 30th for everyone in Cork. Is that what you were told ??

I was told the same about starting on the 16th by PAS and then the 30th by Revenue.

Evening everybody, just received an email from AGS that my vetting has been complete, that took a while. in the email they said them will be sending 3 forms to be completed. Does anyone know once I get these forms back to them, is it another long wait until they place me somewhere. Thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Clairebear12

Did you get placed in Kerry??

Did you get placed in Kerry??

No not yet, have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Clairebear12

No not yet, have you?
    No unfortunately!! I emailed them during the week they said they have placed 2 people in Batch 2.1 so far. Hopefully it will move a bit quicker now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BuddyBoo006

Can anyone help me I am filling in my Garda vetting and note that I must include dates of court appearance s etc. I had a speeding fine thrown out of court but suspect it's still visible on my record. I have no idea of what date it was (as it was a long time ago) but don't want to omit it and appear scetchy any advice?

Can anyone help me I am filling in my Garda vetting and note that I must include dates of court appearance s etc. I had a speeding fine thrown out of court but suspect it's still visible on my record. I have no idea of what date it was (as it was a long time ago) but don't want to omit it and appear scetchy any advice?

What Dept is this for?. If its not for AGS I don't think you include it. Like you are asked have you a criminal conviction?. That case you say was thrown out. I would ring the Garda Vetting in Tipp. They will advise you, and are very helpful. But if it's the ordinary Garda Vetting you only put it down if you have a Criminal Record.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jock 1

What Dept is this for?. If its not for AGS I don't think you include it. Like you are asked have you a criminal conviction?. That case you say was thrown out. I would ring the Garda Vetting in Tipp. They will advise you, and are very helpful. But if it's the ordinary Garda Vetting you only put it down if you have a Criminal Record.

You could just put down the year and month roughly if you know it , that way your not hiding anything , and just say your not 100% sure of the exact date

• Advertisement
Advertisement