Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

mcevoy29 wrote: »
    If you email them they’re really good at saying how many have been called for each stage

I did already. They only gave me the order for Mayo for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Linking123!

I'm batch 4 & just called for interview for Co Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MidnightOil

Joe222 wrote: »
    I did already. They only gave me the order for Mayo for some reason.

What number did they give you for Mayo?

Thanks

What number did they give you for Mayo?

Thanks

It is around 15 or 16 I think. There are 30 in the 1st batch waiting on job offers. They called upto about mid 70s for stage 2. Nobody after that has been called since for stage 2. It is a very slow process. Someone said here before that in the 2016 campaign only a few of the next batch got job offers before the campaign expired.

In smaller counties it could take you years to get in as a CO whereas in somewhere like Dublin you could be an EO in a few years. I can see why some people take up Dublin offers first but doesn't suit everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MidnightOil

It is around 15 or 16 I think. There are 30 in the 1st batch waiting on job offers. They called upto about mid 70s for stage 2. Nobody after that has been called since for stage 2. It is a very slow process. Someone said here before that in the 2016 campaign only a few of the next batch got job offers before the campaign expired.

In smaller counties it could take you years to get in as a CO whereas in somewhere like Dublin you could be an EO in a few years. I can see why some people take up Dublin offers first but doesn't suit everybody.

Dublin definitely doesn’t suit me!

It’s a waiting game, getting a bit bored of it now. It’s hard to settle to anything while you’re waiting for your number to come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Any idea where Galway are? I think they haven't called a 2nd batch to stage 2 yet.
    Some counties are lucky and 3 or 4 batches have been called to Stage 2 while others haven't called as much.

I would have thought Galway would have a lot of vacancies.

They must have called at least up to batch3 for Galway. Galway was my second choice and after the assessment I was placed for my first choice but also for Galway and I am in batch 3

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MillsWay

Does anyone know what number they are on for placing people in batch 3 for Waterford please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Booella69

22 from batch 3 for Waterford. There is a Waterford/Wexford thread on here was updated today.

Mala1313 wrote: »
    They must have called at least up to batch3 for Galway. Galway was my second choice and after the assessment I was placed for my first choice but also for Galway and I am in batch 3

What number roughly were you on the order of merit?
    I am in the mid 200s and would have expected to be called in the 2nd batch.

Thank you

What number roughly were you on the order of merit?
    I am in the mid 200s and would have expected to be called in the 2nd batch.

Thank you

I was almost 200s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Cmckeo

Do you mind me asking roughly what number you are in the Meath panel? I’m in the early 20’s, batch 4 but haven’t been called for interview yet.

Top 10

Cmckeo wrote: »

Do you mind me asking roughly what number you are in the Meath panel? I’m in the early 20’s, batch 4 but haven’t been called for interview yet.

Top 10

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mcevoy29

Anyone have an update for West Meath and Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Mr lebowski

For Westmeath all they wud tell me was they have interviewed batch 1.5 and are moving onto 1.6 now. Not too sure after that. Im in batch 3 and received my results for the supervised tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Shador74

Does anyone know where the campaign is at for Limerick. I know they have started calling batch 5 for interviews but where are they at with recruitments?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mo-chara1

I contacted Pas last week and was told that up to and including person No.2 in batch 1.4 have been assigned a position in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mcevoy29

mo-chara1 wrote: »
    I contacted Pas last week and was told that up to and including person No.2 in batch 1.4 have been assigned a position in Kildare

Oh great thanks, wonder how many are in each batch

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SE2020

Has anyone else started in a job and absolutely hated it . I am in my role 5 weeks now and it's just not for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jock 1

Ah that’s a pity , do you mind me asking what department your were assigned to ? I have worked in a few. Maybe you need a little more time to adjust some departments can be dismal with their training making it hard to adjust but you will get there eventually! Don’t make any decisions yet , give it a little more time .

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sweetpea90

SE2020 wrote: »
    Has anyone else started in a job and absolutely hated it . I am in my role 5 weeks now and it's just not for me!

Sorry to hear that. What department were you place in and what dont you like about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 flamingopark

Shador74 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the campaign is at for Limerick. I know they have started calling batch 5 for interviews but where are they at with recruitments?

I am top 10 in batch 4, had my interview nearly 2 months ago and haven't heard anything since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jock 1

I am top 10 in batch 4, had my interview nearly 2 months ago and haven't heard anything since then.
    Have you been given an order of merit?Ring pas they will tell you where you are in the panel , if there is movement since your you were placed on the panel or not .

thanks flamingopark. That's a long time to be waiting for appointment or even notification for appointment after an interview. I don't think I'm cut out for all of this waiting!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 flamingopark

Yes I got my results for the interview and where I was placed 2 weeks after the interview. I emailed PAS and there was 20 to be placed before me and that was around a month ago, so I think it's just a waiting game really. I've a permanent job at the moment so I don't mind too much :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

thanks flamingopark. That's a long time to be waiting for appointment or even notification for appointment after an interview. I don't think I'm cut out for all of this waiting!!!!!

Hang in there... the wait will be worth it and the Limerick panel is one of the fastest moving in the country. PAS are very helpful and will tell you how many there are left to place before they reach your number.

The waiting is tough.

Just a quick question has anyone failed the interview?just wondering Is it just a formality or should I be stressing about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Just a quick question has anyone failed the interview?just wondering Is it just a formality or should I be stressing about it?

You can fail the interview stage, It is an actual interview not just a formality. In saying that I wouldn't be stressing about it until you actually get your results.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 valencia89

Hi all,

Any idea where they are regards Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Martaw

Hello everyone,

I know a lot of you are well passed this stage so my question may be a little out of date as I am only at interview stage this week.

Were ye asked multiple examples of each competencies or should I focus on 1 / 2 detailed examples?

Any interview tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a mil

• Advertisement

Martaw wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I know a lot of you are well passed this stage so my question may be a little out of date as I am only at interview stage this week.

Were ye asked multiple examples of each competencies or should I focus on 1 / 2 detailed examples?

Any interview tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a mil
    Hello done my interview today. Found the interview pleasant, check all the competencies, have a few examples. Good Luck.

Hi anyone knows if there is batch 1.3 for Clare?

Hello done my interview today. Found the interview pleasant, check all the competencies, have a few examples. Good Luck.

Hi do you know when can we expect the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 valencia89

How do the batches work?

Is there a set number for each batch or is it different for each county?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Poppy2019

Hi all, did interview today. Know your competencies well in regards to your cv and different job roles. They will ask specific questions on your cv and the various roles you have carried out. I found it to be person specific rather than generic. Good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Clairebear12

Hi any update on the Kerry panel? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Booella69

Anyone get placed in dept of social protection? What is the work like etc.

I wonder are they interviewing next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

I think tomorrow is the last day, result should be expected between 20-27th Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Calmcookie84

Anybody know where PAS are with interviews for Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 countrygirl123

I have an interview next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I have an interview next week.

Hi What County is it for? and we're you in batch 2 or 3 after supervised test?

Results of interviews are out

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Results of interviews are out

They came out really quick. Hopefully that's a good sign. Would love to know where they are on the panels for appointments now.

They came out really quick. Hopefully that's a good sign. Would love to know where they are on the panels for appointments now.

I had asked earlier and they told me to expect them between 20-27 so super quick. Maybe its a good sign

I had asked earlier and they told me to expect them between 20-27 so super quick. Maybe its a good sign

Great to hear back so quick - anyone else for Limerick or Tipperary? They are my two choices - have a good OOM within my batch but wondering, have the other batches been offered employment?

Martaw wrote: »
    Great to hear back so quick - anyone else for Limerick or Tipperary? They are my two choices - have a good OOM within my batch but wondering, have the other batches been offered employment?

I suggest you email them to ask, I also suggest you ask how many batches there are in front of your batch ie 1.2, 2.1, 2.2 etc
    There are different numbers of batches for each county from what I can make out. Some counties for instance only have 2.1, 3.1 etc whereas others have 2.2, 3.1, 3.2 if that makes sense.
    Congrats on making it through and best of luck

I suggest you email them to ask, I also suggest you ask how many batches there are in front of your batch ie 1.2, 2.1, 2.2 etc
    There are different numbers of batches for each county from what I can make out. Some counties for instance only have 2.1, 3.1 etc whereas others have 2.2, 3.1, 3.2 if that makes sense.
    Congrats on making it through and best of luck

I've mailed and asked where they're at with Limerick. If I get a response I'll share it here

• Advertisement

I've mailed and asked where they're at with Limerick. If I get a response I'll share it here

Thank you :-)

Advertisement