Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Did anyone move up or down? I was in batch 2 before my interview placed 23. Now i’m batch 2.1 placed 33. Not sure if good or bad. Results were okish, mostly 38/50. How did the rest of you do points wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 countrygirl123

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Hi What County is it for? and we're you in batch 2 or 3 after supervised test?

It's Sligo and batch 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Twe2018

I got my results today from interview also batch 5 for limerick placed no 55 don’t know is this good or bad

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Shador74

Twe2018 wrote: »
    I got my results today from interview also batch 5 for limerick placed no 55 don’t know is this good or bad

It's impossible to know what's good when we don't know where they're at with offers of places. Hopefully will get some info back from them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Does anyone know if your OOM changes from the one you are given after the interview? I was told there was so many people to be placed ahead of me 2 weeks ago and when i queried again last week the number had risen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Last time I checked with PAS they said they had finished batch 1.2 for Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tones67

Got notice today re placing on batch 2.1 for Clare. Placed in 30s. Might not be bad as know a lot of people recently secured posts with Cksre and Limerick councils and may also be on these panels

I got an email back this morning. I'm batch 5 top 20 for Limerick and there are currently 49 ahead if me.

What number do people ring PAS?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Poppy2019

Hi there

I checked for Louth this morning. They have 6 people left to place in batch 2 and then they are moving on to batch 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gerrro

tones67 wrote: »
    Got notice today re placing on batch 2.1 for Clare. Placed in 30s. Might not be bad as know a lot of people recently secured posts with Cksre and Limerick councils and may also be on these panels

If you have already accepted a position in Limerick(2nd Choice) and get an OOM for Clare (1st Choice) can you still accept your first choice if offered

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Hi any update on the Kerry panel? Thanks

Hi Clairebear, emailed yesterday about Kerry, they have reached up to approximately no. 10 in batch 2.1, which I was surprised to hear as it seemed to take forever to place the first 2 in the batch. Great news wont have to wait much longer.

Does anyone know if your OOM changes from the one you are given after the interview? I was told there was so many people to be placed ahead of me 2 weeks ago and when i queried again last week the number had risen?

That's a strange one. Did you ask for clarification from them. I wonder did people who were placed end back on the panel due to vetting or something maybe??

Shador74 wrote: »
    That's a strange one. Did you ask for clarification from them. I wonder did people who were placed end back on the panel due to vetting or something maybe??

I did, it turned out a couple of people deffered due to location, i was afraid I would end up slipping further down!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

Galway have called upto 221 for stage 2.
    Can anyone tell me when was the last batch called to stage 2? Was it recently or a good while ago.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 flamingopark

Does anyone know anything about what a clerical officer in the prison service is like? Any info would be appreciated.

Does anyone know anything about what a clerical officer in the prison service is like? Any info would be appreciated.
    You got your offer? Congrats :D. I don't know anything about it but my sister was offered it and turned it down. I think she said at the time there would have been shiftwork involved. I would imagine it's an interesting place to work tho.

Thanks :) They called today and offered it. It looks like a 39 hour week 8am - 5pm (may need to work out of those hours including weekends from time to time). I'm on shiftwork at the moment anyways so doesn't really make too much of a difference to me as it's still shorter days. Starting off on 25.5k due to working out of hours sometimes. Have to go through special garda vetting which could take months I think.

Ideally would have preferred Sarsfield House or somewhere but it wasn't meant to be.

Can you not turn it down and wait for next offer you might get something that suits you better?

Nope, they also offered me Limerick starting on the 14th of Oct but I'm away on holidays then and not back in time to start a few days late so I had turned that down, just bad timing really :(

Ah feck that's bad luck. Still once you get a foot in theres plenty of opportunity to move around depts apparently. You might love it. It'll definitely be interesting. Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 jo_5cav

Hi anyone know anything about the court services. And how long does the clearance/vetting take. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Clairebear12

dorbrogra wrote: »
    Hi Clairebear, emailed yesterday about Kerry, they have reached up to approximately no. 10 in batch 2.1, which I was surprised to hear as it seemed to take forever to place the first 2 in the batch. Great news wont have to wait much longer.
    Thanks for the update! Have you long more to wait?? I'm number 14 so hopefully wont be too long more now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tones67

gerrro wrote: »
    If you have already accepted a position in Limerick(2nd Choice) and get an OOM for Clare (1st Choice) can you still accept your first choice if offered

Apparently you should be off Clare panel so not sure why I got OOM. I'm saying nothing and see what happens if an offer comed

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jasminecat

Hi,

Has anyone been placed in Kilkenny recently, I am in the 40's in batch 1 on the panal. I have rang public jobs a couple of times over the summer to check what numbers have been given jobs of the panal. The panal has not moved from position 39 since June.... Any ideas why this is or what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jasminecat

Hi,

Has anyone been placed in Kilkenny recently, I am in the 40's in batch 1 on the panal. I have rang public jobs a couple of times over the summer to check what numbers have been given jobs of the panal. The panal has not moved from position 39 since June.... Any ideas why this is or what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Martaw

Thanks :) They called today and offered it. It looks like a 39 hour week 8am - 5pm (may need to work out of those hours including weekends from time to time). I'm on shiftwork at the moment anyways so doesn't really make too much of a difference to me as it's still shorter days. Starting off on 25.5k due to working out of hours sometimes. Have to go through special garda vetting which could take months I think.

Ideally would have preferred Sarsfield House or somewhere but it wasn't meant to be.

Friend of mine working in Revenue has told me there is talks of 40 being added there.

Does anyone know where limerick are with offering positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Martaw

Martaw wrote: »
    Friend of mine working in Revenue has told me there is talks of 40 being added there.

Does anyone know where limerick are with offering positions?

Going to answer my own question as the lady from PAS rang me back. 20 people of previous batch before batch 5.1 are offered employment in LImerick incase anyone else is waiting here. She said calls will be in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

Has anyone an update on Donegal? I have emailed but no response yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 flamingopark

Going to answer my own question as the lady from PAS rang me back. 20 people of previous batch before batch 5.1 are offered employment in LImerick incase anyone else is waiting here. She said calls will be in a few weeks.

I got offered revenue starting on the 14th of October and I was in batch 4.1 top 3. I'm away out of the country so couldn't accept it, I was offered PCO in the prison then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Bredamb

Just wondering how much notice you get from when you get a job offer to the start date or is it different with everyone. I'm in batch 2.1 in Clare Thanks

It's moved a bit in the last few days so I was told a couple of days ago that there were 49 ahead of me which meant 35 remaining from batch 4. Hopefully It'll keep moving at that pace and we should get placed this side of Christmas.

Bredamb wrote: »
    Just wondering how much notice you get from when you get a job offer to the start date or is it different with everyone. I'm in batch 2.1 in Clare Thanks

Hi I am in the same batch. Roughly what number are you on? I am teens

I'm 25, have you heard anything on the Clare progress?

I think it depends. I know some people started within a couple of weeks and others who have been waiting over 2 months. A girl I know got a call yesterday to start 14th October. AGS or prison/court services take longer due to vetting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Messages inviting applicants to Stage 2 supervised assessments in Dublin at end of month were sent out to Tipperary candidates today in Batch 4.

They still have plenty of positions to fill so still working through candidates.

I know a number of candidates who over the past 4-8 weeks had their supervised assessment and interview in a short space of time and offered positions since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 CL17

I just got a message that I've been called to stage 2 for Cork.
    I put applied for cork & Kerry but Kerry is my preference so I'm now wondering what happens if if got called for stage 2 for Kerry in the future.
    Do I just do the stage 2 round once and that result is used in the future should I get called up for Kerry or would I have to go to Dublin and do the whole thing again? I mean, I like the thought of getting two shots at it.
    Or could I potentially do really bad and then be excluded from both Cork & Kerry going forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

CL17 wrote: »
    I just got a message that I've been called to stage 2 for Cork.
    I put applied for cork & Kerry but Kerry is my preference so I'm now wondering what happens if if got called for stage 2 for Kerry in the future.
    Do I just do the stage 2 round once and that result is used in the future should I get called up for Kerry or would I have to go to Dublin and do the whole thing again? I mean, I like the thought of getting two shots at it.
    Or could I potentially do really bad and then be excluded from both Cork & Kerry going forward?

You will only do stage 2 once, the score will carry over for your other choice

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CL17

Ollie321 wrote: »
    You will only do stage 2 once, the score will carry over for your other choice

Good to know. Now I need to swat up on what's involved in stage 2 🙂
    Thank you!

I'm 25, have you heard anything on the Clare progress?

I contacted PAS before interviews last week and was told that they had finished batch 1.2 and they will be moving to next batch when it's formed. So I presume that after the interviews last week they had created batch 2.1 and they should be starting on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sweetpea90

Got called up for stage 2 supervised assessment for Tipperary. Will be out of the country that week though :( Have emailed PAS hoping something can be done. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Advertisement

Mala1313 wrote: »
    I contacted PAS before interviews last week and was told that they had finished batch 1.2 and they will be moving to next batch when it's formed. So I presume that after the interviews last week they had created batch 2.1 and they should be starting on it now.

Oh great. Let me know if you hear anything. Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭nhg

shmeee wrote: »
    Messages inviting applicants to Stage 2 supervised assessments in Dublin at end of month were sent out to Tipperary candidates today in Batch 4.

They still have plenty of positions to fill so still working through candidates.

I know a number of candidates who over the past 4-8 weeks had their supervised assessment and interview in a short space of time and offered positions since.

I got called for Stage 2 for Tipperary (2nd choice) as well..... I understand that the supervised test will also cover my 1st choice which is Kilkenny. I have my test booked.

If I was offered a position in Tipperary but turned it down would I be knocked off the panel for Kilkenny as well.

Currently I am permanent in Public Service in Kilkenny and I am not going to leave that to accept a place in Tipperary but would accept a position in Kilkenny.

I had completed my supervised test and was just waiting to be called for interview when the 2016 panel closed.
    I was offered a Temporary Clerical Officer position in KK for 21 weeks but turned it down as I would have to leave my current permanent position.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mcevoy29

nhg wrote: »
    I got called for Stage 2 for Tipperary (2nd choice) as well..... I understand that the supervised test will also cover my 1st choice which is Kilkenny. I have my test booked.

If I was offered a position in Tipperary but turned it down would I be knocked off the panel for Kilkenny as well.

Currently I am permanent in Public Service in Kilkenny and I am not going to leave that to accept a place in Tipperary but would accept a position in Kilkenny.

I had completed my supervised test and was just waiting to be called for interview when the 2016 panel closed.
    I was offered a Temporary Clerical Officer position in KK for 21 weeks but turned it down as I would have to leave my current permanent position.

If you turned down Tipperary you’d still keep your order of merit for Kilkenny. But if it’s not moving at all, the panel could end up expiring again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

nhg wrote: »

Your already in the public service? And going applying for it again?

I'm a bit lost or else it's just early morning brain fart by me!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

Can you turn down offers from your 2nd county if the distance is over the threshold and still stay on its panel?

Thanks

Joe222 wrote: »
    Can you turn down offers from your 2nd county if the distance is over the threshold and still stay on its panel?

Thanks
    Yeah I turn down Limerick( it was my 2nd Choice) as it was too far me. Still on the Clare panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭nhg

shmeee wrote: »
    Your already in the public service? And going applying for it again?

I'm a bit lost or else it's just early morning brain fart by me!

Yes, to move across from Public Service to Civil Service...... Also to give myself options.....

I was unemployed when I applied for this in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sweetpea90

Anyone that has started working as a CO what are the working hours per week? I read somewhere that its 43 hours per week, is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Sweetpea90 wrote: »
    Anyone that has started working as a CO what are the working hours per week? I read somewhere that its 43 hours per week, is this true?

You can start anytime between 08.00 and 10.00 and finish time is between 16.00 and 18.00.

A full working day is 7hrs 24 mins (excluding half hour lunch). You can take upto 2 hours for lunch if you feel like it and work the time back at another stage. You can work upto 11hrs 6 mins flexi time over the 4 week flexi period and take a day and a half off in the next flexi period.

Flexi is great as you can add it onto your holidays and spare your annual leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KkJay18

Hi all, I got called for Stage 2 aptitude test in Dublin- my choices were Waterford and Kilkenny. Just wondering about the test, what’s involved/how long does it take etc? Is stage 3 then interview stage? It’s been so long since the start of the campaign I actually forget most the stuff written in the thread🀣

• Advertisement
Advertisement