Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sweetpea90

Does anyone know the starting pay and and how does someone qualify for the higher rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Thanks for the update! Have you long more to wait?? I'm number 14 so hopefully wont be too long more now!!!

Hi Clairebear, i'm just one ahead of you so I will let you know when and if I get that all important call

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Sweetpea90 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the starting pay and and how does someone qualify for the higher rate?

Salary Clerical Officer Personal Pension Contribution (PPC) as of 1st January 2018
    €442.84 €471.81 €479.18 €493.54 €514.73 €535.87 €557.02 €578.14 €598.72
    €619.29 €633.78 €654.14 €674.38 €705.94 €730.76 €742.14

These scales have increased slightly since January 2018 due to pay agreements. I think starting salary is now €459.00 (this is before tax etc.)

As far as I know you cannot qualify for higher rate unless maybe you are transferring from a similar role in the civil or public service and you may be able to carry increments, it depends on department and you would have to fight for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

dorbrogra wrote: »
    Salary Clerical Officer Personal Pension Contribution (PPC) as of 1st January 2018
    €442.84 €471.81 €479.18 €493.54 €514.73 €535.87 €557.02 €578.14 €598.72
    €619.29 €633.78 €654.14 €674.38 €705.94 €730.76 €742.14

These scales have increased slightly since January 2018 due to pay agreements. I think starting salary is now €459.00 (this is before tax etc.)

As far as I know you cannot qualify for higher rate unless maybe you are transferring from a similar role in the civil or public service and you may be able to carry increments, it depends on department and you would have to fight for it.

Higher scale is based on seniority and merit and is basically for long serving civil servants who didn’t manage to get promoted to EO. There is a certain percentage of staff in each dept allowed to be on higher scale think it’s 10-15%. There’s no chance of a new entrant getting onto the higher scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

SB1982 wrote: »
    Higher scale is based on seniority and merit and is basically for long serving civil servants who didn’t manage to get promoted to EO. There is a certain percentage of staff in each dept allowed to be on higher scale think it’s 10-15%. There’s no chance of a new entrant getting onto the higher scale.

The long service increments are for all staff not just a percentage, they occur 3 and 6 years after you have reached the maximum point of your scale for all grades.

Grade 3's just have one long service increment, while the other grades have 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Does the clerical officer campaign just run every few years? I see they're running a new temporary campaign but no new clerical. Are they still exhausting the lists from the last round?

Sorry if this is a silly question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Carlowchick91

KkJay18 wrote: »
    Hi all, I got called for Stage 2 aptitude test in Dublin- my choices were Waterford and Kilkenny. Just wondering about the test, what’s involved/how long does it take etc? Is stage 3 then interview stage? It’s been so long since the start of the campaign I actually forget most the stuff written in the thread🀣
    Is that for Waterford or Kilkenny? Kilkenny is my second choice. No invitation for stage 2 yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Does the clerical officer campaign just run every few years? I see they're running a new temporary campaign but no new clerical. Are they still exhausting the lists from the last round?

Sorry if this is a silly question.

The next campaign won't start until next year, there is no expiry date set yet for this current campaign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Ollie321 wrote: »
    The next campaign won't start until next year, there is no expiry date set yet for this current campaign

Thanks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Clairebear12

dorbrogra wrote: »
    Hi Clairebear, i'm just one ahead of you so I will let you know when and if I get that all important call
    Thanks so much I would really appreciate that!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Xenji wrote: »
    The long service increments are for all staff not just a percentage, they occur 3 and 6 years after you have reached the maximum point of your scale for all grades.

Grade 3's just have one long service increment, while the other grades have 2.

Not increments...the higher scale...and it says it online there is a % if each dept. allowed to be assigned the higher scale.

Any updates on Carlow or Kilkenny? What batch they are on etc. Its such a long process

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

SB1982 wrote: »
    Not increments...the higher scale...and it says it online there is a % if each dept. allowed to be assigned the higher scale.

Oh do not worry that rarely occurs anymore, I think at this point the difference of the max of both scales is about €800 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Happyhammelknb

Do people that pass the interview stage generally get offered a post before the campaign ends?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chatty

Any updates on Carlow or Kilkenny? What batch they are on etc. Its such a long process

Still on batch 1.1 in both, Carlow have reached no 5 and Kilkenny no 38 from my last update. It’s ridiculous slow 😫

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 mcevoy29

Do people that pass the interview stage generally get offered a post before the campaign ends?

No more often than not the panel expires, especially for regional campaigns. There isn’t as many jobs compared to say Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Shador74

mcevoy29 wrote: »
    No more often than not the panel expires, especially for regional campaigns. There isn’t as many jobs compared to say Dublin

That's very disheartening isn't it. Guess we may all have to go back to the drawing board :(:(

Shador74 wrote: »
    That's very disheartening isn't it. Guess we may all have to go back to the drawing board :(:(

I think if you have passed interview already and with at least a year to run on the panel, in the cities you should hope for a placement. Like you, I'm limerick batch 5.1 and I think we will get an offer before panel closes.

I think if you have passed interview already and with at least a year to run on the panel, in the cities you should hope for a placement. Like you, I'm limerick batch 5.1 and I think we will get an offer before panel closes.

Hopefully, as there will be more jobs generated due to Brexit and if people retire/get promoted.. So fingers crossed..

Hopefully. My friend emailed the other day and they had gone backwards someone posted here last week that 20 left on previous panel but my friend 2 ays ago was told here are now 30 left on batch 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 MidnightOil

Any updates on Mayo please?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ruby75

Anyone hear anything from Donegal B4.1? Have they started this batch or have they a backlog from previous batches ? I feel like I'm so close but so far away too 🀷*♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

Ruby75 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything from Donegal B4.1? Have they started this batch or have they a backlog from previous batches ? I feel like I'm so close but so far away too ��*♀️

They haven't started 4.1 yet

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Does anyone know what is the latest number in Waterford that has been reached?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Catwoman30

Shador74 wrote: »
    Hopefully. My friend emailed the other day and they had gone backwards someone posted here last week that 20 left on previous panel but my friend 2 ays ago was told here are now 30 left on batch 4.

I spoke to someone in PAS yesterday.. There are 13 left in Batch 4 in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RunningJim

Hi there I posted this is another thread but maybe this is a better place to ask . Regarding TCO's . Deadline was yesterday. It was on Public Jobs. I missed the deadline. Does that mean that TCO's for next Summer ( 10 weeks ) won't be advertised again? Seems very early to be advertising those jobs . Is it not the case that this happens later in year or into next year ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ruby75

Ollie321 wrote: »
    They haven't started 4.1 yet

Sorry do you know how far behind they are I emailed but they didn't answer my question they just said what number they were at for interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

Any updates on Mayo please?

No movement since last May. Next to be placed is number 16, batch 1.

RunningJim wrote: »
    Hi there I posted this is another thread but maybe this is a better place to ask . Regarding TCO's . Deadline was yesterday. It was on Public Jobs. I missed the deadline. Does that mean that TCO's for next Summer ( 10 weeks ) won't be advertised again? Seems very early to be advertising those jobs . Is it not the case that this happens later in year or into next year ?

Cheers

I spoke to PAS and the TCO advertised is just for positions for the rest of this year for counties that have exhausted their panels. Normal comp will run as normal next year

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RunningJim

I spoke to PAS and the TCO advertised is just for positions for the rest of this year for counties that have exhausted their panels. Normal comp will run as normal next year

Ah I see. So next Summer may still be a goer for me ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jacqs

Any updates on Longford panel

Catwoman30 wrote: »
    I spoke to someone in PAS yesterday.. There are 13 left in Batch 4 in Limerick

Hope that means all of batch 4 and not like 4.1 then 4.2 etc. Hopefully they start batch 5 before Xmas.

Thx for letting us know as it's very useful to know the progress.

Hope that means all of batch 4 and not like 4.1 then 4.2 etc. Hopefully they start batch 5 before Xmas.

Hi,
    She told me there are 40 in front of me and as I am 27 in batch 5.1 that means only 13 left in Batch 4.
    They have also started supervised testing for Batch 6

Hi,
    She told me there are 40 in front of me and as I am 27 in batch 5.1 that means only 13 left in Batch 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sugarpop18

Catwoman30 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was told on Tuesday there were approximately 52 people ahead of me in Limerick and I placed no 22 on batch 5. There seems to be some confusion with the numbers.

Sugarpop18 wrote: »
    I was told on Tuesday there were approximately 52 people ahead of me in Limerick and I placed no 22 on batch 5. There seems to be some confusion with the numbers.

I spoke to someone on Monday... So something is not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Hi any movement on Clare or Galway panel lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭teaontap

Has anyone who is attending stage 2 next week received their familiarisation material yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MCLAW

Laois/Offaly panel here, I doubt I will make the next stage as there is only a year left roughly in this competition. There doesn't appear to be alot going forward for these areas. What confuses me though is Offaly County Council advertising for clerical officers, can they not pull from this panel? I'm just confused, would it not make more sense....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

MCLAW wrote: »
    Laois/Offaly panel here, I doubt I will make the next stage as there is only a year left roughly in this competition. There doesn't appear to be alot going forward for these areas. What confuses me though is Offaly County Council advertising for clerical officers, can they not pull from this panel? I'm just confused, would it not make more sense....

No the Council does it's own competition every year.

teaontap wrote: »
    Has anyone who is attending stage 2 next week received their familiarisation material yet?
    It would be in your invite message, it's a URL link

Www.publicjobs.ie/restapi/documents/18119606_Stage_2_Familiarisation_Material.doc

Does anyone work as a Garda civilian in a small station? Would like to hear a few opinions on the basis of promotion etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

MCLAW wrote: »

The county councils often have different terms and conditions of employment and they sometime look for slightly different competencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SE2020

Has anyone any experience with civil service transfer? Currently in a place I don't like at all and I have my name on the transfer list ..I've been there 3 months but it's suffocating me how bad it is and talking to higher staff about the issues going on is like facing a brick wall.. I have heard of people getting a transfer sooner than the 2 years ..does anyone have experience of this thanks

Any updates for Kildare and/or Laois?

• Advertisement

Limerick update. Just off the phone, they are working on batch 5 now and reached 8 or 9. Positions coming in quite fast so good hopes to get called soon enough

Limerick update. Just off the phone, they are working on batch 5 now and reached 8 or 9. Positions coming in quite fast so good hopes to get called soon enough

That's great news... Thanks for the update

Jeez that was fast. Only a handful to ne called before me now so. 😮😮

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Got offer for AGS templemore in July. Got PAS é vetting at time. Just got AGS é vetting this evening

Got offer for AGS templemore in July. Got PAS é vetting at time. Just got AGS é vetting this evening

Congrats and best of luck with the new post @katiek102010. Do you mind me asking what are the terms in AGS? As in shifts, weekends etc?

• Advertisement
Advertisement