Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrsquigley

anyone know the average score on the test? is a combination of your score and your experience that gives you your OFM

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nettles7

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I scored 5th in first choice and 11th second choice. Really hopeful I will be successful in this campaign

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Linking123!

307 Louth & 348 Meath. Wonder how that will work out!!😀

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Augustduck

I got 57 in Kilkenny, if I got called to round two and then to an interview, does anyone know the time line for this from previous years, if I was successful when would it be likely I would start start? Roughly based from previous years?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Paddy2018 wrote: »
    The population profile of the counties you chose has a lot to do it. So if your counties include, for instance; Dublin, Cork, Galway or Kildare and your OOM is above the 500 mark; you should be confident about your prospects. Also consider that there are many who apply and have a higher OOM than yours who will find better short term wage prospects in the private sector and opt out of future stages. So, if your in it for the long term expect your OOM to go up and up.

If you are above the 500 mark in Limerick would you have a decent chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nl2803

Placed 8 for Mayo and 18 for Sligo, hopefully wont be to long to get called for stage 2 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

nl2803 wrote: »
    Placed 8 for Mayo and 18 for Sligo, hopefully wont be to long to get called for stage 2 😀

Fantastic result. Well done!

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the max score on the online questionnaire is? It says the qualifying score is 300.
    Not asking anyone's specific score obviously but mine was in the 400's and I'm wondering what it goes up to.

DsJewel wrote:
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the max score on the online questionnaire is? It says the qualifying score is 300. Not asking anyone's specific score obviously but mine was in the 400's and I'm wondering what it goes up to.

Mine was 700, and placed 8 and 18 so it must go higher, for people to place no 1

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Booella69

quote="DsJewel;107668561"]Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the max score on the online questionnaire is? It says the qualifying score is 300.
    Not asking anyone's specific score obviously but mine was in the 400's and I'm wondering what it goes up to.[/quote]

Not sure what the max score was but my result was just under double the qualifying score and I got 116 and 184 in my 1st and 2nd choices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Anniesland

DsJewel wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the max score on the online questionnaire is? It says the qualifying score is 300.
    Not asking anyone's specific score obviously but mine was in the 400's and I'm wondering what it goes up to.

I scored in mid 600's and got in 80s for Galway and 70s for mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Iwouldinmesack

Seems to me to be the most random way of scoring and ranking people tbh. Id love to know what the correct answers were that they were looking for and to compare them to the ones i gave.

Sounds like the max is around the 700's mark so. Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Mine was 700, and placed 8 and 18 so it must go higher, for people to place no 1

Any tips on how one scores 700? I only managed 471 in a test "with no right or wrong answers", for the first part do you just say you are brilliant at everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

I scored high 500's and was placed in oom 113 for my location. Not sure if I’ll ever hear anything but really hard to call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

I got a score of 560 and placed 238 for mayo and 410 for Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Waiting16

Placed 8 for Mayo and 18 for Sligo, hopefully wont be to long to get called for stage 2 ��

Hi, well done, just wondering what was your overall score?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Sillyquestions

I placed low 400's for Wexford but low 200's for Wicklow. Any ideas why? Would most people from Wicklow just have gone for the Dublin competition?

Waiting16 wrote:
    Hi, well done, just wondering what was your overall score?

I scored 700 overall

I emailed them after the results issued and this is the response I received for stage 2

There are 3 stages to CO 2018 competition. Stage 2 is a supervised test that measures verbal and numerical responses. When you are called up to stage 2, there will be familiarization material sent out to help you understand the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sully123

In the same boat as you,8 months TCO experience mattered sweet FA,one wonders the point of doing it cos it certainly wasnt for the pay.

I feel ye.

I did 18 months temp.

This is the third such public service exam I have done.
    Worst result yet! 387
    Just can't figure it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Clintewub

I got a score of 560 and placed 238 for mayo and 410 for Sligo
    Hey I got 570 and placed at oom 270 for Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ismisebridget

Hi guys I came 26 and scored 660. What does this really mean? Am I likely to get a job soon or not?! Thanks.
    I scored 20 for Waterford and 26 for tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 taraxxxxx

Hi there does does anyone no how many they called in Co Clare in the 2016 comp just to give an idea of our chances as im in the early 300s 🙄🙄 also 620 in limrick so not hopeful with that result. Anyone with knowledge from the 2016 campaign as to what they called to date!!😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

taraxxxxx wrote: »
    Hi there does does anyone no how many they called in Co Clare in the 2016 comp just to give an idea of our chances as im in the early 300s 🙄🙄 also 620 in limrick so not hopeful with that result. Anyone with knowledge from the 2016 campaign as to what they called to date!!😀

They are up to around 700 in limerick to stage two

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

They are up to around 700 in limerick to stage two

Do you know how many of those got placed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Do you know how many of those got placed?

No, there's loads of info in the 2016 thread if you want to trawl through it

Thanks so even if you get to stage 2 am i right in saying you might not get placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Clintewub wrote: »

That’s weird I just double checked mine and that’s definitely the oom and score I got. I wonder why?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Clintewub

Clintewub wrote: »

That’s weird I just double checked mine and that’s definitely the oom and score I got. I wonder why?:eek:
    Sorry 270 for different county apologies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hi guys I came 26 and scored 660. What does this really mean? Am I likely to get a job soon or not?! Thanks.
    I scored 20 for Waterford and 26 for tipperary.

It depends on the number of vacancies that come up. You also need to pass the interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I'd be super confident of being placed if my current order of merit were to remain as it is now for my chosen regions, however I'm sure they will change after the next stage/s :-(

I'd be super confident of being placed if my current order of merit were to remain as it is now for my chosen regions, however I'm sure they will change after the next stage/s :-(

So the order of merit we got is not staying as it is? When is the next stage im lost!!😂😂 they really no how to confuse people!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Waiting16

Not much hope this time, placed 200s last time round after 1st stage for Sligo and did interview in January this year. In 400`s this time so may give up hoping anything will ever come of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

taraxxxxx wrote:
    So the order of merit we got is not staying as it is? When is the next stage im lost!!😂😂 they really no how to confuse people!!!

My thinking (and I may be wrong) the next stage will be the online numerical and verbal reasoning tests, these are followed by similar tests in a supervised environment (Chapter House in Dublin) should you place high enough in these you will be called for interview based on your placement here. Should you pass this and your number be reached for placement you'll be offered a position.

I'm open to correction on this but this was how the 2016 ran.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

Waiting16 wrote: »
    Not much hope this time, placed 210 last time round after 1st stage for Sligo and did interview in January this year. In 400`s this time so may give up hoping anything will ever come of it.

Don't give up yet. I applied for the Prison Service this year. I know it's a completely different campaign, but very similar rules apply. I thought I was great getting an order of merit in the top 50 for the IPS, but I failed at the interview. The point I'm making is that the order of merit is basically a waiting room ticketing system. Those who are lower down are seen first, that's it. I've since spoken to people who thought they did very badly in the initial assessments and weren't happy with their oom, some of them are now expecting to start training in the autumn. Don't let the oom get you down too much. Like I said, it's basically just a system to determine who is interviewed first. Plus, you've experience of the actual interview process, that's invaluable. So hang in there.

bozo wrote: »
    Am i wasting my time holding out for a chance??? Thanks

No, you're not (see my reply to Waiting16).

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Molly2016

Does anyone know roughly how long to the next stage? It is numerical and verbal only? The HSE had numerical, verbal and clerical checking? Anyone know if the aptitude tests are like the HSE?

Molly2016 wrote: »
    Does anyone know roughly how long to the next stage? It is numerical and verbal only? The HSE had numerical, verbal and clerical checking? Anyone know if the aptitude tests are like the HSE?

Verbal reasoning and a numerical/verify calculation test, as far as I'm aware. I would imagine there are differences in the tests, as the PAS don't run the recruitment campaigns for the HSE (as far as I know the HSE run their own).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Molly2016 wrote: »

It depend on your order of merit, they normal call in batches of between 20 and 50 at a time but they go county by county then so you could be called in two weeks or two month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭finla

Hi all, just wondering if anyone would know the answer to this.
    Say you got through the tests and interview and got offered a position in your second choice location, if you declined it would you still be in the running for your first choice?
    I got 254 in my first choice and 147 in the second so am thinking that the second might come up quicker but would obviously prefer the first.. thanks.

Just a word of advice, folks. I'd refrain from posting your exact order of merit and region on an open forum. You don't know who is reading these threads (potentially decision makers in this campaign) and giving your exact placement could easily be used to identify you. It's fine to give a ballpark figure if you're looking to find out about possible waiting times or to gauge how well you did, but I wouldn't reveal much more. I know what I'm describing is an extreme case scenario, but why risk it?

finla wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone would know the answer to this.
    Say you got through the tests and interview and got offered a position in your second choice location, if you declined it would you still be in the running for your first choice?
    I got 254 in my first choice and 147 in the second so am thinking that the second might come up quicker but would obviously prefer the first.. thanks.

I could be wrong but I believe the booklet says you get one offer. its a "take it or leave it" kinda things.

But If you take your second choice, i do think you can put in for a transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I could be wrong but I believe the booklet says you get one offer. its a "take it or leave it" kinda things.

But If you take your second choice, i do think you can put in for a transfer
    You can turn down one location to wait for the other one.
    No guarantee you will get it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

Got low 20's for Mayo. I assume that is a reasonable score. Mid 40's with Sligo as well. Anyone in these counties get similar results ? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Caoimhe2

hi all
    quick question think I messed up selecting my first choice location...did you receive your first choice results first or second? I'm in the 400 region for meath and 200 for cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Molly2016

Caoimhe2 wrote: »
    hi all
    quick question think I messed up selecting my first choice location...did you receive your first choice results first or second? I'm in the 400 region for meath and 200 for cavan

I got my second choice results first aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 5 laugh2304

Do any TCO roles filled from this competition last longer than a year or ever lead to permanency does anyone know?

laugh2304 wrote: »
    Do any TCO roles filled from this competition last longer than a year or ever lead to permanency does anyone know?

This competition is for permanent roles.

Although there are some TCOs thats are extended up to two years (such as those assigned to the public services card section), i don't believe they ever become permanent.

You have to go through this (P)CO competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tringle

This is the third time I have completed this exact scenario test and I really don't know how to answer it. I'm working as a TCO and asked a few of the managers in answering am I to be loyal to the organisation, loyal to my collegues , a follower or a leader....their answer, all of the above and more. None of them had taken this test and said they couldn't even guess at the answers. Though apparently there is a knack to doing it as someone else has family that always score high in it....does anyone else have this "system".
    Also in answering the skills you have I tried to be honest as two people I know who applied for TCO exaggerated a bit got picked up on this at interview stage and where failed at the interview.
    The aptitude tests has four sections, verbal, numerical and two clerical/ checking type ones.( Thank you whoever posted the info about the samples on public jobs). So I did the samples and found the first two OK and easy to understand and time OK but the second two I found do need practice, for me one was about trying to understand what they wanted in the question and the second was just timing, trying to be accurate and quick.
    There are sample timed tests on public jobs site, I had to use the site map to find them.

Best of luck to everyone, it seems to be an unnessecarily long process.

• Advertisement
Advertisement