Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MissCivil

I am absolutely thrilled to have been offered a post with AGS. First stage of vetting has gone through fine but I have a question about the extra security checks. I had to put every address that I’ve lived at since birth but when I was aged 1 or 2 we lived in temporary accommodation for a number of months (in London). My elderly mother cannot remember the address and my father is deceased. Is this likely to delay my security clearance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

MissCivil wrote: »
    I am absolutely thrilled to have been offered a post with AGS. First stage of vetting has gone through fine but I have a question about the extra security checks. I had to put every address that I’ve lived at since birth but when I was aged 1 or 2 we lived in temporary accommodation for a number of months (in London). My elderly mother cannot remember the address and my father is deceased. Is this likely to delay my security clearance?

Don't worry about it. Just fudge the dates either side unless you or your family came to the attention of the police. Don't forget the postcodes they want them.

Bear in mind clearance will take months I'm afriad. Worth the wait though there will be a lot of opportunities in AGS over the next few years.

Edit sorry see it's gone in already. I doubt it will delay it but they may come back looking for the address. Any aunts or uncles that might have sent a card?

Don't worry about it. Just fudge the dates either side unless you or your family came to the attention of the police. Don't forget the postcodes they want them.

Bear in mind clearance will take months I'm afriad. Worth the wait though there will be a lot of opportunities in AGS over the next few years.

Edit sorry see it's gone in already. I doubt it will delay it but they may come back looking for the address. Any aunts or uncles that might have sent a card?

Thanks for your reply. When I received the phone call offering me the job I was informed it could take up to 14 weeks for the security clearance to go through, however since reading some of the posts on here I know it could turn in to a longer wait.

I fear I’ll have no luck with extended family. Most of my aunts and uncles are in Australia and elderly. My mum who is still living in London has offered to go to the council to see if they can help with the address but I want to avoid this if possible as she’s 85 and would have to travel a fair distance to get there.

Thanks for your reply. When I received the phone call offering me the job I was informed it could take up to 14 weeks for the security clearance to go through, however since reading some of the posts on here I know it could turn in to a longer wait.

I fear I’ll have no luck with extended family. Most of my aunts and uncles are in Australia and elderly. My mum who is still living in London has offered to go to the council to see if they can help with the address but I want to avoid this if possible as she’s 85 and would have to travel a fair distance to get there.

It'll be longer than 14 weeks I'm afraid as there is a massive backlog as it goes to another department as well as the vetting bureau. I'd contact PAS and explain the situation and see if they can get in contact with the relevant departments to explain the situation. TBH I don't think you're the first person not to know all their childhood addresses and have no means of finding them out. Personally I don't think they'll even come back to you but I can't be 100% sure, sorry.

The chances of the council having records that far back are pretty slim too - no offense intended :pac: might be worth writing to them though rather than calling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jackod123

I'm a little bit confused when people say the competition will be closing, there will presumably 100's of people who dont get called but they are going to start the process all over again, is it just me that thinks that doesn't make much sense?

Jackod123 wrote: »
    I'm a little bit confused when people say the competition will be closing, there will presumably 100's of people who dont get called but they are going to start the process all over again, is it just me that thinks that doesn't make much sense?

Putting it bluntly they may have been so far down the OOM that they may not have been suitable. Re-applying sees the same thing happens again or maybe they've two years more experience and are now more suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lauren92

Any updates on Cork? My email said number 6 batch 5 after stage 2. Iv called PAS twice since getting my stage 2 results, was told first they were on batch 3.2 and a few weeks later told they were on 2.1??? I couldn't understand her explanation for the different information I got so am still none the wiser

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DM26

First of all....well done in getting offered a position! :)

Secondly.... I'm in the same boat at the moment, my vetting is taking quite some time as I lived abroad for a good number of years. I crashed at quite a few temporary addresses whilst looking for my own place, and I gave as many of the addresses as I could when I was filling out the vetting form. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long more for us both!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭shmeee

lego.andi wrote: »
    update for co. Tipperary (interview stage)

I emailed PAS

"
    Currently the Public Appointment Service has interviewed all of Batch 4 for Tipperary in the CO2018 competition. We have not yet started on Batch 5.

Information on the next batch of call ups is not available at this moment. Candidates will receive a message on their publicjobs messageboard when they are called up to the next stage"

I am batch 4 so I emailed back about it.

"I made an error with the batch numbers there for Tipperary. We have finished interviewing batch 3 and have not started batch 4.

I apologise for any confusion caused"

Batch 3 is as good as placed, I know people at the end of the batch who have started in employment.

I'm OOM 16 in batch 4 so all going well I'm in the next batch of interviews if it gets around to them.

• Advertisement

I also forgot to ask.... Did they tell you if pay scale goes by prior experience or does everyone just start at the bottom of the scale regardless?

DM26 wrote: »
    I also forgot to ask.... Did they tell you if pay scale goes by prior experience or does everyone just start at the bottom of the scale regardless?

If you are in certain public service or civil service jobs previously then you will start higher. If its private sector then you start at point 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lego.andi

shmeee wrote: »
    Batch 3 is as good as placed, I know people at the end of the batch who have started in employment.

I'm OOM 16 in batch 4 so all going well I'm in the next batch of interviews if it gets around to them.

Hi
    Do you know how many people are invited for interviews per batch?
    Thanks and good luck for usðŸ€ðŸ€ðŸ€

They didn't say and to be honest I didn't ask. I am fully expecting to start at the bottom, anything else is a bonus. Does anyone know if all AGS clerical posts offer flexi-time?

They didn't say and to be honest I didn't ask. I am fully expecting to start at the bottom, anything else is a bonus. Does anyone know if all AGS clerical posts offer flexi-time?

Unfortunately not all AGS offices have flexi. I'd venture most do but some don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 suppet

Any Waterford updates at all? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

Doe anybody know if working as a Special Needs Assistant for a few years, qualifies for incremental pay credit? Thanks

foreverme wrote: »
    Doe anybody know if working as a Special Needs Assistant for a few years, qualifies for incremental pay credit? Thanks

Didn't for someone I know.

lego.andi wrote: »
    Hi
    Do you know how many people are invited for interviews per batch?
    Thanks and good luck for usðŸ€ðŸ€ðŸ€

Don't the exact figures but number 40 in batch 3 Tipperary was interviewed and since started a position.

I'm expecting to start at the bottom of the pay scale too, I'm just hoping it is a reasonably decent starting point. Anything is better than my current position anyway so I'm looking forward to leaving :D

When taking the job I just presumed it was the same flexi time as everywhere else in the Civil Service, judging by some comments I might be wrong....

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Shador74

I'm expecting to start at the bottom of the pay scale too, I'm just hoping it is a reasonably decent starting point. Anything is better than my current position anyway so I'm looking forward to leaving :D

When taking the job I just presumed it was the same flexi time as everywhere else in the Civil Service, judging by some comments I might be wrong....

The starting salary for CO's is €459 per week. Not all civil service depts offer flexi. Call centres in revenue have set hrs 9 to 5 which I annoyingly discovered after accepting a post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lego.andi

shmeee wrote: »
    Don't the exact figures but number 40 in batch 3 Tipperary was interviewed and since started a position.

Thanks so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

Shador74 wrote: »
    The starting salary for CO's is €459 per week. Not all civil service depts offer flexi. Call centres in revenue have set hrs 9 to 5 which I annoyingly discovered after accepting a post.

When did they tell you this? Had u already accepted the position?

Before or after tax?😅

Ollie321 wrote: »
    When did they tell you this? Had u already accepted the position?

There was a batch of us started together the 1st any of us heard was at induction.

Before or after tax?��

Before :/

There was a batch of us started together the 1st any of us heard was at induction.

I had thought they would be more up front about that. Thanks for letting me know

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Ek1313

Has anyone been offered CO Post in Revenue in Ennis yet??

Before :/

That's okay, at least the salary rises a little bit unlike my current position. Work-life balance too which is very important, I haven't had a Monday to Friday for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

Does anyone know how to access the map for civil service posts to see how many vacancies are available within each sector across the country? I remember seeing something like this around the time the civil service campaign went live back in 2018 but can’t find it since. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

Does anyone know how to access the map for civil service posts to see how many vacancies are available within each sector across the country? I remember seeing something like this around the time the civil service campaign went live back in 2018 but can’t find it since. Thanks.

https://dper.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=83eb12efc9c7478a982d39a89f759663

• Advertisement

Are higher grades ie AO/HEO not able to apply for Mobility?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Are higher grades ie AO/HEO not able to apply for Mobility?

Not yet for the HEO, AO or AP... Mobility is available to CO, EO & PO grades so it will be coming down the line.

Blubelle18 wrote: »

Can you explain this to me please? Does it mean that many positions are available or that's how many are in each place already?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

suppet wrote: »
    Can you explain this to me please? Does it mean that many positions are available or that's how many are in each place already?:confused:

It is confusing. It's exsistent posts per organisation. But if you click into individual organisations you can view them in an attribute table in which, if you scroll to the right, will show if there are CO & EO posts available. This is the only information openly available and I have no idea how up to date it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Twe2018

Update on limerick they have reached 32 oom in batch 5.1 I’m number 55 so just waiting game now .

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ruby75

Update on Donegal... they still have 4 to place on batch 3

• Registered Users Posts: 13 flamingopark

I got offered the garda station in Limerick City yesterday. I was top 5 of batch 4 but placed back on the panel after declining the prison service. Anyone else hear anything. Submitted the e-vetting today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CorkyT

A few weeks ago I accepted a clerical post with the garda so going through the lengthy vetting process. Hope I am over-thinking this but does anyone know what they look for with the extra security checks. I'm squeaky clean but I do know my dad had a DUI offence many many years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

Anyone here called for interview on the Meath or Louth panels.

• Advertisement

CorkyT wrote: »
    A few weeks ago I accepted a clerical post with the garda so going through the lengthy vetting process. Hope I am over-thinking this but does anyone know what they look for with the extra security checks. I'm squeaky clean but I do know my dad had a DUI offence many many years ago.

That's fine, they just want to check you've no links to organised crime etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

Anyone here called for interview on the Meath or Louth panels.

I’ve recently been offered a position in Meath and I was in batch 2.1. Don’t know about Louth panel, sorry ðŸ˜

Twe2018 wrote: »
    Update on limerick they have reached 32 oom in batch 5.1 I’m number 55 so just waiting game now .

Number 37 OOM batch 5.1 Limerick was offered a position today.

So it's moving along nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ewahstank

Paris123 wrote: »
    I Have received an email from PAS today stating that I have been assigned to AGS, all vetting has been completed and gave them my current employer as a reference.
    The email states that I will be contacted by AGS HR department in relation to assignment date, anybody have any idea how long this usually takes?

How long altogether from initial phone call did it take for you Garda clearence to go through?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Paris123

Ewahstank wrote: »
    How long altogether from initial phone call did it take for you Garda clearence to go through?

About 12 weeks for all vetting to completed.. Pas will ring and tell you all is completed and after that the HR dept of the relative civil body will be in touch with you regarding a start etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 carlow30

any news on kildare anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Star333

Kildare still at 1.4 number 7. One left in batch 1.4 then on to batch 2.1.

Anyone able to give information on the Clerical Officer roles? And whats involved.

Thanks, in advance.

*Edit. With Revenue I ment to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 carlow30

we need to move to limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Twe2018

I received message in the portal yesterday to show expression of interest for role for revenue . So hopefully hear something soon

Twe2018 wrote: »
    I received message in the portal yesterday to show expression of interest for role for revenue . So hopefully hear something soon

What's this, I've never heard of getting an expression of interest?

• Advertisement
Advertisement