Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Redcat75

Joem123556 wrote: »
    Stage 2 will definitely eliminate a bulk of candidates. Scoring high in assessment questionnaire has no bearing on how people will score in the aptitude tests. For this reason I envisage a large bulk being called to the next stage from each county. The rankings will change hugely after the next stage and many will be eliminated so I’d agree that this initial stage ranking isn’t that important unless you are sitting very low. I think they’ll call category A & B to allow for this and the fact that loads enter these competitions with no intention of taking a job. Can’t see them calling in batches of 40/50 as others have said, it’s too low numbers considering there will be failures, I think it’ll be much higher number they call.
    Also worth noting that the next round ranking doesn’t include the assessment questionnaire.

I do hope they call larger numbers for the 2nd stage as on the assessment alone I did not do great compared to the 2016 comp which due to family reasons I missed the interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 taraxxxxx

In the 2016 campaign they only called 173 in Co Clare to stage two to date. I'm sure it will be a similar scenario in this comp!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Joem123556

taraxxxxx wrote: »
    In the 2016 campaign they only called 173 in Co Clare to stage two to date. I'm sure it will be a similar scenario in this comp!

But those 173 had already passed the aptitude test. This time round nobody has been tested.

Joem123556 wrote: »
    But those 173 had already passed the aptitude test. This time round nobody has been tested.

So was the aptitude stage one last time round?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Anniesland

In 2016 competition there was assessment questionnaire (as we have done this time) followed by an online aptitude test followed by a supervised aptitude test in Chapter House in Dublin. Not sure what changes have been made to process for this year's competition but seems to be that online aptitude test has been omitted. Seems fair as anyone could do an unsupervised test. That's my take on it anyway. But am only speculating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Joem123556

Yes. Your ranking in the last campaign included your performance in the home sit aptitude test. Then the second stage was a supervised test which give you a new ranking based on the aptitude alone excluding the assessment questionnaire.
    I went through that process and didn’t do that well in the assessment questionnaire but my re rank in the second stage brought me up 90 places.

Thanks for the explanations im some bit hopeful now as i only placed in the early 300s in Co Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Doktor infinity

Does anyone know if there will be error checking in the 2nd stage? Best of luck to everyone taking the test

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

Does anyone know if there will be error checking in the 2nd stage? Best of luck to everyone taking the test

No there wasn’t last time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sarah2018

Hi Guys ...I have done the 2017 Dublin panel out of desperation to get permanent working as a TCO for years.. Does anyone know if I took Dublin and was then offered a place from this panel the CO 2018 regional panel in one of my chosen locations do you have to redo the probation period or if your not yet finished probation does your time already done carry over? Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ellabbergin17

Hi everyone I’m new to this..I placed number 7 in both my choices.. laois and offaly..will I be called soon or what do you all think..I’m living in America so looking for some advice and obviously I’d have to organize to get home and stuff for stage 2..

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

HI Ella..you placed high for both of your regional choices. You will be in the first batch to be called for stage 2. In previous competitions stage 2 is seated in a supervised setting in Dublin. I would suggest you phone PAS and explain that you are stateside and ask if they can give you an idea of when stage 2 is likely to happen. Phone numbers are Tel: +353-1-8587400
    Lo-Call: 1890-449999
    Hi everyone I’m new to this..I placed number 7 in both my choices.. laois and offaly..will I be called soon or what do you all think..I’m living in America so looking for some advice and obviously I’d have to organize to get home and stuff for stage 2..

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

Hi Ella, could you please let us all know if you do get any info re stage 2. Would be good to know to plan in advance. Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Invites for stage two have gone out. 20-24 August and 27-29 August. You can book your own time

Looks like times are 9/10.30/11.45/2/3.30

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Invites for stage two have gone out. 20-24 August and 27-29 August. You can book your own time

What region are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Majorkate2018

I just got the invite to Stage 2. You can pick a date and time on publicjobs.ie

I’m in Kerry btw.

What region are you in?

I didn't apply, but a friend just text me, she is down for limerick and clare. Think in the 190s for limerick and early 100s for clare. She didn't specify which region it was for

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

I’m in Kerry btw.

Are the tests being held in Kerry or is there a centralized testing centre?

I’m in Kerry btw.

Thanks do you mind me askin which oom were you or have a bulk of candidates been called

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Got invited to stage two but am away on holidays the entire time..... devastated!

Chapter House in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sfox87

You'll have to go to Dublin for it.

Thanks do you mind me askin which oom were you or have a bulk of candidates been called

I was ranked 35. No idea how many have been called to this second stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭busy_mom

What regions do you know? TIA

Ignore - sorry just read you post after this LOL

Got invited to stage two but am away on holidays the entire time..... devastated!

Oh how disappointing. I'm kind of annoyed there is no Saturday date for the test. Booked the last day of testing and hopefully I can get the time off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I see we have to pick a time for interview also? Will they do tests and intervireton same day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Sfox87 wrote: »
    Oh how disappointing. I'm kind of annoyed there is no Saturday date for the test. Booked the last day of testing and hopefully I can get the time off.

I agree, I would have thought they would be on the weekend too! Hope you get the time off.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I see we have to pick a time for interview also? Will they do tests and intervireton same day?

Interviews won't be held until well after the results of Stage 2 are sent out. You will get a new order of merit after stage 2.

I agree, I would have thought they would be on the weekend too! Hope you get the time off.

Thanks. Also if you contact them I'm sure they can push you back to the next batch of testing. Just let them know asap you can't make any of the dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

Can anybody else not open the link to the online practice tests that is given to us in the familiarisation material? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Sfox87 wrote: »
    Interviews won't be held until well after the results of Stage 2 are sent out. You will get a new order of merit after stage 2.

Wonder why we had to pick an interview time slot.
    Seems to be a complete new system this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 StrikeHurls

Hi there, anyone know if any other regions called for stage 2, or is it just Kerry for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

Westmeath was called as well

• Registered Users Posts: 23 StrikeHurls

Anyone in the Carlow area called?

Anyone in limrick or Clare called?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

Anyone from Laois or Offaly called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Was anyone from Waterford called in this round of emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MegX

Up to mid 40s called for Clare.

Up to at least 192 called in limerick

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Wonder why we had to pick an interview time slot.
    Seems to be a complete new system this year.

I think you may have read it wrong... the time slot is for the stage 2 testing. Not an interview

• Advertisement

Westmeath up to 137
    Meath 57
    Seems to be very quick this year hoping it's a sign of things to come

• Registered Users Posts: 1 macd18

Was anyone from Galway called?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Anniesland

macd18 wrote: »
    Was anyone from Galway called?

Yes, 80's from Galway here and I was called :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

Anybody called for Cavan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Caoimhe2

yes anyone from Cavan being called yet for stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Blu2015

I am 3 in leitrim and 4 in sligo. Called but it says leitrim sub category. Does that mean I wont be considered for sligo stage 2? Bit confused over it all

Blu2015 wrote: »
    I am 3 in leitrim and 4 in sligo. Called but it says leitrim sub category. Does that mean I wont be considered for sligo stage 2? Bit confused over it all[/quote

U only do stage 2 once regardless of your choices it count for both regions they obviously reached your place in Leitrim first but the stage 2 test counts for both locations. It's in the emails they sent with stage 1 results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Anyone get called for Waterford or Tipperary?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Paddy2018

I was called. Wexford and Waterford.

Already had a quick practice try.
    I found The 'Checking Test' quite testing. Anyone try this one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Someone I know was called for Kerry.
    Are they not giving results this year?

Advertisement