Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pre pay gas FIRE only

Options
  • 15-06-2018 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a pre pay card just for a gas fire.
    I have gas..... I would like to get a nice Gas Fire for my sitting room I know they are expensive on gas if I could have a card just linked to it... I would use it just for fire thks {possibly wrong forum mods?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,279 ✭✭✭✭zell12

No.
    It's one prepayment card for all gas usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,015 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You would have to get a second separate supply and meter, with its own standing charge. So while possible it'd be insane to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Grand job I'll leave it so thks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

It's not that expensive.

A high efficiency gas fire will cost about 25c per hour. (6kw input @ 6c/kwh)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What about getting a separate line fed by a cylinder instead of mains supply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a pre pay card just for a gas fire.
    Perhaps look into having a coin box installed, that you'd need to top up to keep the fire going? I assume that you want something like this installed to stop members of the house from having it on all the time causing an increase in your bills?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,015 ✭✭✭✭L1011

the_syco wrote: »
    Perhaps look into having a coin box installed, that you'd need to top up to keep the fire going? I assume that you want something like this installed to stop members of the house from having it on all the time causing an increase in your bills?

They already have gas, presumably for central heating and/or cooking so that wouldn't work to isolate the fire; also I'm fairly certain that you can't get coin-op gas meters anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Thks I was going to go down the feed to Side entrance for gas fire.. Someone told me that was a hugely expensive way of using the fire.. Prefer pre pay as I hate big bills. Coming thks

Advertisement