Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile, Contract expired. I want to leave.

Options
  • 15-06-2018 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭

I have been with Eir(E) mobile for years, my most recent contract expired on May 30th. I rang yesterday to try and leave this contract, I was told I needed to give 30 days notice. This isn't legal practice, I signed a contract which expired on May 30th so why are my wishes being refused? I have asked for a final bill to be sent out to be paid, I was told this cannot be done as the 30 days notice are needed first. I don't want to be charged for another month before I can leave.

And can a rep please pm me before asking me to do so on here which is just wasting time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

I have been with Eir(E) mobile for years, my most recent contract expired on May 30th. I rang yesterday to try and leave this contract, I was told I needed to give 30 days notice. This isn't legal practice, I signed a contract which expired on May 30th so why are my wishes being refused? I have asked for a final bill to be sent out to be paid, I was told this cannot be done as the 30 days notice are needed first. I don't want to be charged for another month before I can leave.

And can a rep please pm me before asking me to do so on here which is just wasting time?
    Hi RocketRaccoon 

If you are looking to change to pay as you go and stay on the Eir network, 30 days cancellation notice will be required.

If you are looking to move to another service provider, you are free to do so at any time.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Hi RocketRaccoon 

If you are looking to change to pay as you go and stay on the Eir network, 30 days cancellation notice will be required.

If you are looking to move to another service provider, you are free to do so at any time.

Thanks

Thomas
    I am on bill pay and will be leaving to go PAYG on another network. Can you confirm I am free to leave and I will receive no more bills? And that I can also transfer my number to new network ? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi RocketRaccoon 

Thanks

Thomas
    I am on bill pay and will be leaving to go PAYG on another network. Can you confirm I am free to leave and I will receive no more bills? And that I can also transfer my number to new network ? 
    As previously advised, If you are changing to another network provider you can port your number at any time and this will automatically cancel your account. 

You will receive another bill.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement