Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Aer Lingus online check in

• 15-06-2018 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I'm catching an Aer lingus flight to the UK today after work. Normally I can check-in on the app and go straight through fast track security. Aer lingus have partnered up with BA for this one.

The app is telling me to look for a check in desk at the airport. Is there anyway to bypass this? For example phoning British Airways for a reference number to check in online with them?

I really can't leave work so early to go queue and check-in. I haven't checked in at the airport in a long time. How much time before a flight does a check in desk normally close? I only have carry on luggage.

EDIT: For future reference, a solution to this was posted in comment #4.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Same happened to me in Prague a month or two back, it's a joke.

Try calling them to notify first of all, or to see fi they can do for you - but this has to be AT LEAST 3 and a half hours before boarding if I recall. Failing that for whatever it's worth, the check in queue took all of about minutes for me so you mightn't be in such bad shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭lorcand1990

This happened to me on a trip to USA recently. Basically I was screened for extra security & had to check in at the desk rather than online or at the self service area. I got extra checks to my carry on luggage too. Didn't take too much extra time as the queue was very short, but I don't think there's any way around it.

What time is your flight & how early do you usually arrive for a UK flight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭CPTM

I normally arrive at the airport about 1 hour before take-off on days like this, where I'm leaving work to get there. Through fast track and join the back of the queue of people boarding.

I'm after solving this - and it's crazy. Basically Aer lingus say on their website, their emails, and their app that you must go to the airport to check in. However, in tiny font on my Aer Lingus email confirmation is a booking reference for British Airways. I went to the British Airways online check in and put that booking reference in with my last name. It worked, and I've now checked in online with British Airways for a flight I booked on the Aer Lingus app..

I have no problem doing that, but I wish they tell us upfront. Am I a cynic to believe they don't want me seeing special offers on the British Airways website when I go to check in there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

You always check in with the airline operating the flight not who sold the ticket

The app does clearly say "British Airways" or "British Airways Cityflyer"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭CPTM

Yes goingnowhere, but in fairness the attached the response doesn't make that easy to realise for people with no prior experience. But at least I know for the next time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement