Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim only 30 day contract but e-mail says 18 months

Options
  • 15-06-2018 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Word of advise.

<TL/DR>
    eir sending wrong info about length of the contract.
    </TL/DR>

I switch to eir mobile yesterday to eir mobile 400 contract.
    On page it says 30 day rolling contract etc 

Today I got confirmation of order with new account number and info as below:

Bundle Name: Standalone eir Mobile
    Your Bundle Includes: eir Mobile 400 10GB + Roaming SIM Only
    Contract Length: 18 Months
    Promotional Price: €15.00 per month

one thing it should be 10 euros as I have broadband with eir already but other issue is that it should be rolling contract.

But no worries after 25+ minutes on the phone and three different department I reach rep called Andrew who check it and confirm that it is e-mailing error and contract is 30 day one.

So just wanna make you aware.

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hi all

Word of advise.

<TL/DR>
    </TL/DR>

one thing it should be 10 euros as I have broadband with eir already but other issue is that it should be rolling contract.

But no worries after 25+ minutes on the phone and three different department I reach rep called Andrew who check it and confirm that it is e-mailing error and contract is 30 day one.

Tom
    Your online account will also say 18 month contract.
    It seems the systems aren't able to take the 30 days into account. 
    If enough people complain to Comreg it might get changed otherwise they will tell you to 'ignore it'

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Davy wrote: »
    Hi all

Word of advise.

<TL/DR>
    </TL/DR>

Tom
    Your online account will also say 18 month contract.
    It seems the systems aren't able to take the 30 days into account. 
    If enough people complain to Comreg it might get changed otherwise they will tell you to 'ignore it'
    They told me to ignore it already.

On top of that system manage to create 2nd account even if I gave all my details as a broadband user.
    Support on the phone canceled it and add mobile account to my broadband one but...

I got two e-mails regarding delivery on Monday so I assume I will receive two sim cards ?!
    Wonder which one would be correct one.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Should probably record the call where they confirm 30 days and to ignore 18 months or else get email confirmation.

Advertisement