Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018-19 Carabao Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Wonder if Sarri might resign after that. He must know the game is up for him and if he did decide to walk on his own terms after that, he'd salvage a lot of his rep and gain sympathy.

I hope he doesn't resign and instead gets a massive payout if sacked. He deserves a big payday for putting up with all the crap at that club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

IvySlayer wrote: »
    If you questioned a head chef in a kitchen you would be told not to come back.

I hope Kepa publicly apologizes.

Kitchen analogy lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Esse85 wrote: »
    I hope he doesn't resign and instead gets a massive payout if sacked. He deserves a big payday for putting up with all the crap at that club.

Sarri is a fraud. Not a very good manager at all. But no manager deserves that and it’s just the most public show of whats been going on at Chelsea for 10 years. Awful, poisonous club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Sarri is a fraud. Not a very good manager at all. But no manager deserves that and it’s just the most public show of whats been going on at Chelsea for 10 years. Awful, poisonous club.

Why is he a fraud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Absolute drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

If Kepa starts the next game for Chelsea, then it's done lol. Nearly feel bad for Sarri :pac:

Headshot wrote: »
    Why is he a fraud?

Because he’s not a very good manager. His insistence on playing Jorginho in a position where he had arguably the best midfield player in the league, his stubborn refusal to change tactics when he’d been figured out, his predictable substitutions, his insistence on playing Hazard as a striker when he’s ineffectual in that role and arguably the best in the league further back. His decisions have been baffling this season and it’s no surprise he’s on his way out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Hazard not giving a fcck, he's so nasty, wants the manager gone

What about when Zidane did it at the world cup against Italy. He wanted France to lose?

Some load of nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Esse85 wrote: »

It's probably why he walked back to the dugout after opening the exit door :pac:

• Advertisement

Absolute drivel.

Well argued. Which one of the three points do you disagree with and why:

1. Sarri not a good manager at this level
    2. Chelsea players have been downing tools for years when it suited
    3. The club is particularly odious (built on the gains of a Russian gangster, a racist element amongst their support, unlikable players)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I think one thing not mentioned much so far (maybe someone mentioned here already) is just how disrespectful it is to deny your team mate being subbed on in your place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Well argued. Which one of the three points do you disagree with and why:

1. Sarri not a good manager at this level
    2. Chelsea players have been downing tools for years when it suited
    3. The club is particularly odious (built on the gains of a Russian gangster, a racist element amongst their support, unlikable players)

1. I'm going to take a wild guess and say you never seen his Napoli or Empoli team
    2. Fully agree, but is this not exactly what has happened which results in you believing point 1?
    3. Fully agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thrilled to see City win after Kepa’s antics especially with him making a howler from Aguero’s penalty in the shootout which put the icing on the cake.

£72m and he has been at best, average, this season.

Pathetic.

Doff wrote: »
    1. I'm going to take a wild guess and say you never seen his Napoli or Empoli team
    2. Fully agree, but is this not exactly what has happened which results in you believing point 1?
    3. Fully agree

Saw his Napoli side alright.

Italy is at least a level below England (Juve aside). He never won anything there. He’s out of his depth.

The referee should have booked Kepa for time wasting or surely there is some sort of infringement for refusing to leave the pitch.

• Advertisement

Because he’s not a very good manager. His insistence on playing Jorginho in a position where he had arguably the best midfield player in the league, his stubborn refusal to change tactics when he’d been figured out, his predictable substitutions, his insistence on playing Hazard as a striker when he’s ineffectual in that role and arguably the best in the league further back. His decisions have been baffling this season and it’s no surprise he’s on his way out the door.

I don't think your knowledgable of Serie A and especially of Napol.

Yes Sarri is stubborn but he believes in his style of play and there's good reason for this. His Napoli team were one of the best playing teams in Europe but fell short due to lack of recruitment. Sarri should only be judged at the end of next season but unfortunately this is Chelsea and he'll be gone before the season is finished.

Pep is in the same mold as Sarri in a sense that he refuses to change this tactics because he knows plan A works but Sarri doesnt have the players as of yet for what he wants and to change his tactics now will have a knock on affect for next season. If you want your team to play a certain way, stick with it, you can't be changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

I really wonder what Luiz was saying while covering his mouth.

John Terry is at his snakiest best here. He obviously is making himself visible to try and position himself for the Chelsea job.

Headshot wrote: »
    I don't think your knowledgable of Serie A and especially of Napol.

Yes Sarri is stubborn but he believes in his style of play and there's good reason for this. His Napoli team were one of the best playing teams in Europe but fell short due to lack of recruitment. Sarri should only be judged at the end of next season but unfortunately this is Chelsea and he'll be gone before the season is finished.

Pep is in the same mold as Sarri in a sense that he refuses to change this tactics because he knows plan A works but Sarri doesnt have the players as of yet for what he wants and to change his tactics now will have a knock on affect for next season. If you want your team to play a certain way, stick with it, you can't be changing.

Ah stop. Fergie didn’t always play the same way, Pep hasn’t steadfastly stuck to the same plan since he came in (there have been variations), Mourinho adapted to the opposition when he had to. And those three fellas won dozens of trophies. Sarri has won nothing in his time managing and his misuse of players (Hazard and Kante), his predictable substitutions and his refusal to adapt his plan when he’d been figured out before Christmas show he’s out of his depth.

Even for Chelsea players, to give up on the manager after a few months is almost unprecedented. The last one they did that to was AVB and he most certainly was a fraud.

Oh Sarri why are you taking the blame for Keppa

ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sarri saying it was a misunderstandING, keeper was right. ''I THOUGHT HE WAS INJURED, THEN DOCTOR TOLD ME HE WAS OKAY''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

John Terry is at his snakiest best here. He obviously is making himself visible to try and position himself for the Chelsea job.

What did he say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Poor b@stard putting up with this sh1te

Heart goes out to Sarri.

What a painful interview, constantly being asked about your future :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Sarri saying it was a misunderstandING, keeper was right. ''I THOUGHT HE WAS INJURED, THEN DOCTOR TOLD ME HE WAS OKAY''
    Why is he covering for his 'keeper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Saw his Napoli side alright.

Italy is at least a level below England (Juve aside). He never won anything there. He’s out of his depth.

I think Sarri has won the same number of trophies as Pochettino - has he been to more finals also? Poch is a fraud and out of his depth at this level what with his disgraceful, disgusting and very unpleasant abuse of the ref after yesterday’s pathetic loss at 14th place Burnley. Yid army n all that eh - odious little club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Garzorico

blueser wrote: »
    Why is he covering for his 'keeper?

Why do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Clearly stated it was nothing to do with changing keeper for penalties, he thought Kepa was injured , that he had cramp. When doctor returned to bench, a long walk back, he told him keeper was okay, but he had thought he was coming off so tried to sub him, keeper was right he said, he was not injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Garzorico wrote: »
    I think Sarri has won the same number of trophies as Pochettino - has he been to more finals also? Poch is a fraud and out of his depth at this level what with his disgraceful, disgusting and very unpleasant abuse of the ref after yesterday’s pathetic loss at 14th place Burnley. Yid army n all that eh - odious little club.

Did someone piss in your cornflakes?

Haha go on out of that. 0/10 for the wind up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You just can't do that and the next manager at Chelsea will remember that, idiotic career move that was.

Classy man Sarri not destroying Kepa in public.

More worryingly kepa had the support of the other Chelsea players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Why do you think?
    I haven’t got a clue. That's why I asked, funnily enough.

Clearly stated it was nothing to do with changing keeper for penalties, he thought Kepa was injured , that he had cramp. When doctor returned to bench, a long walk back, he told him keeper was okay, but he had thought he was coming off so tried to sub him, keeper was right he said, he was not injured.

He's covering for him ffs it's blatantly obvious.

Does Kepa have history for petulant stunts or controversy / indiscipline like this

Does Kepa have history for petulant stunts or controversy / indiscipline like this

Not until he went to Chelsea, who would have thunk it.

He's obviously a nasty piece of work. Been making quite a few mistakes lately too for a £70m keeper.

rob316 wrote: »
    He's covering for him ffs it's blatantly obvious.

He’s probably trying to do the right thing but Sarri should have ripped him or said “I’ll deal with it in private.” What he’s done by making excuses makes him look weak.

Terry said he’d expect the manager to deal with it in the dressing room. I’d imagine there are Chelsea players looking at that and whatever respect they had for him is gone completely.

Managers shouldn’t rip players in public but that was probably one case when you could understand him doing it. I hope for Sarri’s sake he goes through him for a short cut in the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

He's obviously a nasty piece of work. Been making quite a few mistakes lately too for a £70m keeper.

Nasty piece of work because of other incidents or you're just going by today?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I haven't seen the interview but going by the quotes above, why did Sarri visibly try to "get to" Kepa before the penos if there was a "misunderstanding". Because he wanted to kick lumps out of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Or an explanation as to whether or not he was actually injured right before the penalty shootout?
    /rhetorical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

It reminds me of the humiliation of Avram Grant

When John Terry gave the extra-time team talk in a cup final.

Grant was left on the periphery as an outsider.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Jimbob1977 wrote:
    It reminds me of the humiliation of Avram Grant

Or the team photo at the FA Cup final where Conte was shunted to the side like a physio

ERG89 wrote: »
    Or the team photo at the FA Cup final where Conte was shunted to the side like a physio

I think that the main issue there was more about Willian's tweet or instafgram photoshop.

Nasty piece of work because of other incidents or you're just going by today?

Just today is enough for me mate. Refusing to be subbed possibly costing his club a trophy and then winking at the camera at the end. Humiliating his manager in Wembley stadium for a cup final attendance too. Also only 24 and in his first season there after costing £70m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Pretty scummy behaviour from Kepa. It's one thing having an overly inflated ego, and to be cocky, but if you are you have to be ba Kong it up with top class performances, which frankly he hasn't been doing. Terrible attempt to undermine Sarri, but then again it has been something of a culture to do this at Chelsea in recent years.

Hope Sarri gets out of there soon with a big big payday.... there are poisonious elements at all levels of this club, he's better off out of it.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    You just can't do that and the next manager at Chelsea will remember that, idiotic career move that was.

Classy man Sarri not destroying Kepa in public.

More worryingly kepa had the support of the other Chelsea players.

Not sure it was that clever a move. Sarri now has to play him on Wednesday or else everyone knows he was lying in his interview. If that incident was as it looked, Sarri looks irretrievably weak in front of the rest of the squad if he does play Kepa against Spurs.

He should simply have said "I'll be dealing with it in private."

Imagine doing that to Fergie or Mourinho. Even Pep has had a cut at KDB this year for sulking. Sarri's backed himself into a corner here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,620 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kepa should be kept on the sub's bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,620 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Not sure it was that clever a move. Sarri now has to play him on Wednesday or else everyone knows he was lying in his interview. If that incident was as it looked, Sarri looks irretrievably weak in front of the rest of the squad if he does play Kepa against Spurs.

He should simply have said "I'll be dealing with it in private."

Imagine doing that to Fergie or Mourinho. Even Pep has had a cut at KDB this year for sulking. Sarri's backed himself into a corner here.
    ?? Kepa should be known hes available in the summer

Even Klopp today tore a strip off Henderson for not shaking his hand when he subbed him off.

Clear they have no fear or respect for Sarri.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's only the league cup, no biggie. If he does something like that in the league or the ecl you take action.

• Advertisement
Advertisement