Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018-19 Carabao Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The BBC last night Sky tonight Robbie getting into the world of freelance punditry quickly.

Do all the retired Irish guys have the same management company getting them the TV gigs?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sky commentator asking was Kane's shoulder not ahead of Alonso's foot? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Joe Cole saying you're not allowed to score with your shoulder. He's wrong, isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

monkey9 wrote: »
    , definitely a penalty as well.

Disagree. He could have easily skipped over the keeper. He rubbed his right leg on him instead and did a flip.

It's like most penos now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Disagree. He could have easily skipped over the keeper. He rubbed his right leg on him instead and did a flip.

Exactly - never a peno. Unnatural body movement from Kane.

Ah lads, come on. Keppa clearly catches him in the box and takes him down. What Kane could have done doesn't matter in the slightest...it's a stonewall penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was a dive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Definite penalty, he made the most of it. Why lunge in that scenario as a keeper? Shepherd him wide until cover arrives.

Rudiger with a, er, "robust" challenge there. Not sure why he felt he needed to go in like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Kane looked for it, Kepa obliged. Peno for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Nice effort from Kane. Kepa saved well.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,302 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

blueser wrote: »
    Joe Cole saying you're not allowed to score with your shoulder. He's wrong, isn't he?
    Yes. It's only your arm. Got to say if the linesman thought it was offside I saw nothing in the replays to suggest otherwise. I guess though they are only drawing those lines on the pitch and unless you are directly in line a decision like that is not capable of being black and white

What a chance missed by Christensen.

Chelsea well on top now.

Kiith wrote: »
    Ah lads, come on. Keppa clearly catches him in the box and takes him down.

He went down you mean. He did a flip ffs. That doesnt happen unless you get absolut4ly cleaned out of it by a player going through you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,107 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Chelsea had a decent/any centre forward they'd be winning this game.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Why the boos for Alonso?

Why the boos for Alonso?

Think it's for the car crash he was involved in. Fulham fans were doing it a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Ah lads, come on. Keppa clearly catches him in the box and takes him down.

He went down you mean. He did a flip ffs. That doesnt happen unless you get absolut4ly cleaned out of it by a player going through you.

Liverpool fan having a grudge against Harry Kane, the keeper came speeding out and missed the ball by miles and clattering into Kane, definite penalty imho

davycc wrote: »
    Liverpool fan having a grudge against Harry Kane, the keeper came speeding out and missed the ball by miles and clattering into Kane, definite penalty imho

I don't have a grudge against anyone. I'll call out liverpool players that do it too. I'm not 14 years old ffs.

"Clattered in to him" :) better check him for whiplash the poor mite.

• Advertisement

Think it's for the car crash he was involved in. Fulham fans were doing it a few weeks ago.

In 2011,so they've obviously googled why Fulham fan's booed because its a new phenomenon. Could be Chelsea fans booing him for being sh*t.

Phew, just about held onto that. Chelsea far better, but didn't trouble our keeper that much.

Full-Time. It's set up nicely for the second leg. I can't imagine tomorrow's game will be alive after the first leg.

Phew, just about held onto that. Chelsea far better, but didn't trouble our keeper that much.

Ugly but effective. Very unspurslike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone see the Var incident tonight , Kane onside from the FA's camera with there line across it but camera was not inline with incident ,
    Chelsea had there own camera for analisis straight in line and he is clearly offside ,

FA really need to sort it out Refs dont stand a chance if there getting poor information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Fairy obvious why Bayern are rampantly pursuing that young lad he looks a star in the making

Why on earth would Chelsea sell him

I was just about to say that the lines on the VAR looked dodgy.

I’ll never forget the United Huddersfield game in the FA Cup when similar happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Anyone see the Var incident tonight , Kane onside from the FA's camera with there line across it but camera was not inline with incident ,
    Chelsea had there own camera for analisis straight in line and he is clearly offside ,

FA really need to sort it out Refs dont stand a chance if there getting poor information

I posted this in reply to you in the United thread

The angle that Chelsea were using, the image was released, it was not right in line, the ball had also already left the foot of the passer, it's a split second late which makes the world of difference, it's also at an angle and up high so you cannot judge correctly whether the top of Kanes body was in line with Azpi's trailing leg which is the key point, again the leg would have been back further when the ball was struck first.

Heres the images.. both seem to be inconclusive.. but we have to take that as the Var ref doesnt have access to any other angles only what we are seeing which I find silly.

https://twitter.com/ChrissyPalace/status/1082766883319885827?s=09

To get the angle of kanes body to the line draw a straight line up from the ground parallel to Kanes feet directly on the line and you will get a near enough true reading of Kanes position like so.. bear in mind this is a split second late

553lBvk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

We also seemed to watch the pen from the worst possible angles for a minute, then the pens given and Sky proceed to show the perfect angles from in front and behind the challenge rather than the other side of the pitch. Half convinced they don't actually want VAR to work themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

So if its inconclusive go with the on field decision. Or just bin VAR, that'd be my preferred option.

My point was it was inconclusive from what WE see, I have no doubt that Var have full use of more cameras than what we see. I've also no doubt that if you roll the Chelsea image back to the exact point a split second before it would be clearer that he is in line or behind from that angle. It seems weird that the released that image when the ball has already left, which means kane is further forward and Azpi's leg is also further forward than the true reflection..

The also need to take into account the angle of kanes upper body to the line from that camera, which I have at least tried to show above

Edit: take me time to reply and you delete your post.. booooo you Tom booooo you :D

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »

Edit: take me time to reply and you delete your post.. booooo you Tom booooo you :D

Yeah, apologies my post really didn't merit your time, it was just a whinge. You make good points though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Fairy obvious why Bayern are rampantly pursuing that young lad he looks a star in the making

Why on earth would Chelsea sell him

Chelsea have done pretty much everything to keep him from Bayern, they dont want to sell him.

It appears to be driven on his side, either his family or agent.

Hes got 18 months left on his deal, I'd certainly not sell him and I'd play him more because right now, I'd have him over Willian in the first XI anyway.

Chelsea could see it though as a chance to recoup 35m on an 18 year old that cost them relatively nothing and from a business POV, thats a huge return on very little investment, I hope Chelsea dont see it as a business decision chance and pocket 35m and that he signs a new deal and actually makes it at Chelsea.

We kind of set our own bar a few years ago, RLC was supposedly making come get my eyes to the rest of the PL and he was offered 50k a week on the back of nothing more than hype too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Serious Man City team out tonight but if Phil Foden can't even get a game against Burton you have to wonder how long he's going to wait around for.

Still Dortmund will be happy when they sell him back for £120m in three or four years team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Serious Man City team out tonight but if Phil Foden can't even get a game against Burton you have to wonder how long he's going to wait around for.

Still Dortmund will be happy when they sell him back for £120m in three or four years team.

Yeah weird one alright... though for the most part, the lineup looks to be one put out to unquestionably end the tie tonight. Get 5, 6, or 7, and turn the return leg into an absolute null fixture they can play only the kids for if they need to, depending on the fixtures/injuries etc around it. I can understand the approach though, looking at it from the pov of a cup semi-final rather than 'just Burton', so it makes sense to put out a team that will blitz them and get 1 hand on an early trophy.

I'm sure Foden will still get 30 minutes anyway.

Their plan seems to be working so far anyway - just got their 3rd goal on 33 minutes. All too easy really.

<edit> Make that 4 in 36 minutes.

The wind really on City’s side tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The commentator just said "we enter the arena of damage limitation". It's 4-0 now.
    No shame on Burton but the fact they are in the semi says it all about how serious teams take the cups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

The wind really on City’s side tonight

Grass looks fine. Must have been cut since last week.

"Right lads, on you go and get us back in this game " :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

8-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

is this two legs? aggregate score will be nuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,559 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Jesus....there is still 105mins left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Bit of a farce. Surely City could have played a couple of more youngsters instead of KDB and Silva, still would have trounced them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

JPA wrote: »
    Bit of a farce. Surely City could have played a couple of more youngsters instead of KDB and Silva, still would have trounced them.
    Need to get them fit after injury

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bret Hart wrote:
    8-0.

Expecting the commentator to say Burton need to be careful here before it get a embarassing after his damage limitations at 4 nil.
    Feel a bit bad for them though as there is a second leg to this at their ground. City could be about to enter some good form now with De Bruyne back.

• Advertisement

• Blitz the Tie early. Other leg a formality. They can rest whoever they want for it.

The right way to approach the cup tie.

JPA wrote: »
    Why? Both those players you mentioned need game time in their legs after injuries. No better game to do it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

City fans getting carried away with themselves here, it's not even half-time in the tie yet, plenty of time for Burton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Would like to see Ederson getting the 10th

And there's 9 for the lovely symmetrical record of a goal every 10 minutes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement