Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilruddery entrance pre Southern X

Options
  • 15-06-2018 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭

folks, I've been trying to remember where the entrance gates to the Kilruddery Estate where prior to the Southern cross road being built. I'm old enough to remember the old Bray to Greystones road that passed directly by the estate houses; iirc it was realigned in the early 90s? And I think the Southern X was opened up in the mid 90s.
    Anyone here care to put me out of my misery :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

between the 2 roundabouts on the way into Bray, directly opposite the entrance to the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

loyatemu wrote: »
    between the 2 roundabouts on the way into Bray, directly opposite the entrance to the woods.

How would you enter (or exit) the estate? Off the Boghall Road? When you say between the 2 roundabouts; am i correct in saying you mean the one at the Ramada hotel and the other being the Woodies roundabout?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I vaguely remember the entrance being opposite where the entrance to Briar wood is

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

tc20 wrote: »
    How would you enter (or exit) the estate? Off the Boghall Road? When you say between the 2 roundabouts; am i correct in saying you mean the one at the Ramada hotel and the other being the Woodies roundabout?

No I think he means the roundabout at the entrance to briar wood and the roundabout about 500 metres further up.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

No I think he means the roundabout at the entrance to briar wood and the roundabout about 500 metres further up.

Ahh, i'm with you now.. this is one of those things that has been niggling at the back of my brain for a while. I must have passed that entrance thousands of times; i'm still trying to picture it in my minds eye. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

tc20 wrote: »
    Ahh, i'm with you now.. this is one of those things that has been niggling at the back of my brain for a while. I must have passed that entrance thousands of times; i'm still trying to picture it in my minds eye. Thanks!

you can see where it was on the old OSI maps on osi.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

I remember them dismantling the original entrance granite pillars.
    They numbered the individual granite blocks before disassembly so they could reassemble them in the same sequence in their present location.

Advertisement