Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dashcam but no electrical connection?

Options
  • 15-06-2018 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

I had my 2015 Volkswagen Golf at Halfords during the week to get a dashcam installed, but I was told that there is no electrical connection in the fuse box that they could use.

Is that normal or should I try and get someone else to have a look instead?

Volkswagen is of no use when I phoned the dealer: "We don't install dashcams"..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Buy a 12v to 5v converter on Amazon. Hook the 12V in behind the cigarette lighter and run the cable up to the dash cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭eurokev

You just use a fuse jumper on a circuit that is on with the ignition. I've put in a few dashcams it's pretty easy.

Every car I have done it on I could use a fuse in the internal fuse box or route a cable to the fuse box under the bonnet.

There's plenty of videos on YouTube. Unless there is something very different about your car??

• Registered Users Posts: 38 kosie

Yeah, not sure if my car is very odd. I will have a look on youtube, thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Piggy back fuse holder on the switched fuse in Colm's pic above and away you go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement