Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace a shed - Do I need planning permission

Options
  • 15-06-2018 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

A quick question regarding whether I need planning or not, and opinions are welcome.
    I have a shed to the side of my house built in the early 70's, I have a company organised to take the corrugated asbestos roofing of as a few holes have developed during recent storms, and I was just going to re-roof it, however I have noticed some cracks in the block work, easily repaired but it would be easier (possibly safer) or more practical to knock it all and rebuild it exactly as is - size and location wise, with new walls and roof etc. so from the roadway it will look exactly the same and it will be used for the same purpose (storing tractor, lawnmower, boat, bikes etc.). Do I need planning? as its a replacement like for like?
    (its 6.5m * 7m single story)

any help appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Gut feeling is that you may be ok subject to current exemptions.
    I’d get it clarified on the ground and lodge a section 5 detailing exactly what materials and finish the new shed will be.

Advertisement