Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant Identification App

Options
  • 15-06-2018 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've nothing to do with this app, but it was on my home page on Google Play last night. It's called "PictureThis - Plant identification". I have tried to use some of these before and found them pretty bad but I used photos of my own plants and it identified almost all of them.

Thought some people here might find use for it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭highdef

Installing this now. Will give it a shot when I get home. Thanks, RockDesk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Tried this out today with a number of random plants including weeds and succulents and it got all of them right/ close enough. Very impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭countrywoman

Rock Desk, thanks so much for posting this
    It's brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Witchcraft!

I did rather racistly use Island to stop it accessing too much on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭highdef

Agreed here too. It's really accurate. It correctly ID'd the small tree that appeared last year as an Apple tree which makes sense as I used to have apple trees a couple of feet away so a seed must have germinated!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

could be suckering from the rootstock?

Advertisement