Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa debit card

Options
  • 15-06-2018 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there I need a help with my Visa Debit, I was paying the Netflix and Spotfy by my card but this month I cound’t pay it with the card. Could you help me??
    Thanks regards
    Luiz Oliveira.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Lfoliveira wrote: »
    Hi there I need a help with my Visa Debit, I was paying the Netflix and Spotfy by my card but this month I cound’t pay it with the card. Could you help me??
    Thanks regards
    Luiz Oliveira.
    Hi there, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

Can I ask if you got any message when you attempted to make these payments and if the card has been working normally when using it directly in shops or at ATM's? Also have you received a new card since the last payment? 

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lfoliveira

I didn’t get any message because I’m not in irleand at the moment. I’m on hollidays on brazil and my irish number is off for while. I had tried use the card in shops but it isn’t working too. So what can you do to help me? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Lfoliveira,

Thanks for your reply.

Did you leave a travel note on your account before departure as we would advise this to avoid any flags on the account?

Can you please check your email to see if you have received anything from our card security please? 

Can you tell me the error message you are getting please?

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lfoliveira

Hi Kareana,

I didn’t leaved a travel note to my account, i didn’t know that i had to do it.
    I already checked my e-mail and I didn’t received anything about my card.

The message show me that “Card it’s not working”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Lfoliveira wrote: »
    Hi Kareana,

I didn’t leaved a travel note to my account, i didn’t know that i had to do it.
    I already checked my e-mail and I didn’t received anything about my card.

The message show me that “Card it’s not working”.

Hi Lfoliveira,

Thanks for your reply.

We would advise you to call our BOI Direct team if you haven't received any email regarding your card. Please call +35314044000 and this is available 8am to midnight Monday to Friday. An advisor with access to your account can then ensure that any flag on your account is removed.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

hi,
    purchased some diesel tonight at a service station and paid using my visa debit card through the safety hatch.
    Person inside took my card and returned with a receipt and my card. I said that he should of required my pin as the purchase was over 30 euro but he said he could use the option of taking the card number instead.

I mentioned this was very unnerving as he went out of my sight with my card. I know I should never hand my card and let it leave my sight but I was distracted and fully expected him to return with the handheld pin pad.

Is this common practice, I will return to the service station in the morning to tell management of my concerns if not?

Thanks.
    RT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

hi,
    purchased some diesel tonight at a service station and paid using my visa debit card through the safety hatch.
    Person inside took my card and returned with a receipt and my card. I said that he should of required my pin as the purchase was over 30 euro but he said he could use the option of taking the card number instead.

I mentioned this was very unnerving as he went out of my sight with my card. I know I should never hand my card and let it leave my sight but I was distracted and fully expected him to return with the handheld pin pad.

Is this common practice, I will return to the service station in the morning to tell management of my concerns if not?

Thanks.
    RT

Hi there,

From my past experience this would not be common practice. I'd ask that you keep an eye on your account history through 365 online and if any transactions show up that you don't recognise please call our card security section on 01 4885466 and the advisers there will be more than happy to have a look into this for you at this point.
    As you said as well we'd always ask that you make sure that your card is kept in view when making a transaction.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Hi there,

From my past experience this would not be common practice. I'd ask that you keep an eye on your account history through 365 online and if any transactions show up that you don't recognise please call our card security section on 01 4885466 and the advisers there will be more than happy to have a look into this for you at this point.
    As you said as well we'd always ask that you make sure that your card is kept in view when making a transaction.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Thanks Darren,

rang customer services thus morning and explained situation. They recommended I cancel the card, which I did.
    Thanks again for your reply.
    RT

Advertisement