Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any post box beyond customs at Dublin Airport?

Options
  • 15-06-2018 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

I know there is one before security but if one has gone past security, is there a post box/ way to post a letter? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Will assume this is for a US bound flight as it is the only time you go through customs when departing. Yes there is a post box just after you clear CBP, not sure if its only for tax forms though. But have had it many times a passenger asks the boarding staff could they drop a letter in the post box for them when returning landside, usually not a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nicknamed

Sorry I meant after crossing security.
    Thanks
    Jacovs wrote: »
    Will assume this is for a US bound flight as it is the only time you go through customs when departing. Yes there is a post box just after you clear CBP, not sure if its only for tax forms though. But have had it many times a passenger asks the boarding staff could they drop a letter in the post box for them when returning landside, usually not a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Nicknamed wrote: »
    Sorry I meant after crossing security.
    Thanks

Cant say for sure unfortunately as I have never really looked for one. Ask any of the DAA staff in their pink or yellow high-viz jackets though and they might be able to point you to one. Or your last chance is to ask your boarding staff. They all return landside eventually so they go past a postbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,015 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There was a (normal, external) post box at the start of the walk to the 100 gates the last time I was down there (December). It isn't An Post but the DAA provide it onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nicknamed

Btw is there any printer anywhere beyond security? Need to print a document sign and post it before flying. Document will arrive on my email after I have gone beyond security!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Nicknamed wrote: »
    Btw is there any printer anywhere beyond security? Need to print a document sign and post it before flying. Document will arrive on my email after I have gone beyond security!

Your best bet is one of the business lounges but you would need to check if you can pay for entry without a business class ticket.

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Assuming you're talking about Terminal 2, there are surfbox.ie kiosks outside of Hour Passion in the lounge area after you pass though Security. The Google Maps picture is quite old though (May 2015), you could try ringing them and see if the Kiosk has been upgraded with a printer - 056-779 3788

Advertisement