Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do the Gardas turn a blind eye to drug use in Dublin ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Dr Brown wrote: »
    And what do you propose we do just let Junkies shoot up in broad daylight and let them throw their needles on the ground ?

You've already asked me that and I've already answered it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107290110&postcount=78

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I thought you said you were qualified to make statements about LSD...?

How in the name of all that is holy are you equating safety with frequency? Because someone can drink on consecutive nights, you think that I'm therefore implying that that's the exact same way LSD works...? :confused::confused:

you said LSD is safer than alcohol, so what you really meant was taking LSD is safer than alcohol in a once off scenario ?
    you're essentially talking through your hole.

you said LSD is safer than alcohol, so what you really meant was taking LSD is safer than alcohol in a once off scenario ?
    you're essentially talking through your hole.

.... said the poster who needs to be told people don't take LSD on consecutive nights despite claiming to be qualified to talk about it...?

Here's what I said:
    Case in point: LSD is far far safer than alcohol when taken responsibly.

Reponsbily implies not at the same rate as alcohol. That was beyond obvious.

In any case, doesn't make it any more dangerous, just pointless because the second night will do nothing.

The rest you assumed through ignorance and an attempt to save face.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I was replying to a post that said lsd is safer than alcohol. If that's the case it would be normal to take lsd on a Fri or Sat night or even at lunchtime. If now you're saying that's unrealistic then the post made a wrong comparison.

Some people could take LSD every Friday night their whole lives and never suffer any serious consequences. It's gas that you think you're qualified to make such a statement when you have no idea how the drug works. It is safer than alcohol once you use it correctly and it can also be used to treat many common mental illnesses like depression or anxiety.

And what do you propose we do just let Junkies shoot up in broad daylight and let them throw their needles on the ground ?

That's what they're doing now. We need safe injection spaces, health advocates have been saying this for years. This is what we propose!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Lux23 wrote:
    Some people could take LSD every Friday night their whole lives and never suffer any serious consequences. It's gas that you think you're qualified to make such a statement when you have no idea how the drug works. It is safer than alcohol once you use it correctly and it can also be used to treat many common mental illnesses like depression or anxiety.

I suspect my own doctor wouldn't approve of this, from a person who's spent most of their life struggling with mental health issues, I certainly wouldn't be recommending it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

crusier wrote: »
    What did you do about it?

what exactly would you expect him to do about it? :confused:

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I suspect my own doctor wouldn't approve of this, from a person who's spent most of their life struggling with mental health issues, I certainly wouldn't be recommending it.

Most doctors are way behind the curve. Sure they still tell people to go on low-fat diets.

https://www.sciencealert.com/lsd-psychedelic-therapeutic-treatment-mental-illness-resets-brain-network-harmonics

Lux23 wrote: »
    Most doctors are way behind the curve. Sure they still tell people to go on low-fat diets.

https://www.sciencealert.com/lsd-psychedelic-therapeutic-treatment-mental-illness-resets-brain-network-harmonics

thank you, but i think i ll stick to my own advice. i suspect if i ever touched illegal drugs, like many i grew up with did, id be a dribbling mess right now, in fact id say there would be a good chance id be dead. my doctor is well researched on the issue, we ve had discussions about it

Tell me where you can obtain this magic harmless weekly dose of lsd, or at the very least provide evidence you can take weekly doses of lsd remain safer then a weekend beers?

Ah I see you have provided a link regarding about medical research into the use of hallucigens, which has absolutely nothing to do with taking lsd recreationally.

So to revise...

It's safer to undergo lsd treatment using miniscule amounts of a medically provided drug in a controlled environment under observation than it is to drink alcohol....

• Advertisement

I actually went to visit a friend suffering mental health issues in hospital and got talking to many young people he was close to in there... It was an eye opener for me as a recreational drug fiend as every single one of them was drug related.

thank you, but i think i ll stick to my own advice. i suspect if i ever touched illegal drugs, like many i grew up with did, id be a dribbling mess right now, in fact id say there would be a good chance id be dead. my doctor is well researched on the issue, we ve had discussions about it

As well you should! LSD is not for everyone, but then again no drug is for everyone.

Dr. Lux

Tell me where you can obtain this magic harmless weekly dose of lsd, or at the very least provide evidence you can take weekly doses of lsd remain safer then a weekend beers?

Ah I see you have provided a link regarding about medical research into the use of hallucigens, which has absolutely nothing to do with taking lsd recreationally.

So to revise...

It's safer to undergo lsd treatment using miniscule amounts of a medically provided drug in a controlled environment under observation than it is to drink alcohol....

Can't tell you where to obtain it for obvious reasons. Nor can I provide any insight into the other poster's claim as 1-2 times a month is far more common. Plus, alcohol negates the effect of LSD, so very few people drink while on it.

Regarding your last sentence: I have no idea what LSD "treatment" is, but gererally speaking, yes it is safer to take LSD recreationally than to drink recreationally AS LONG AS IT WAS DONE RESPONSIBLY - but it would depend on the person of course.

NO drug is safe for everyone, regardless of whether it's legal or illegal.
    I actually went to visit a friend suffering mental health issues in hospital and got talking to many young people he was close to in there... It was an eye opener for me as a recreational drug fiend as every single one of them was drug related.

Did the same once at an AA meeting.

As well you should! LSD is not for everyone, but then again no drug is for everyone.

no thank you, my struggles with mental health issues have been bad enough, i ll stick to my own drug of fresh air, its far safer. again, if you suffer with mental health issues, or members of your family do, dont go anywhere near illegal drugs, and be extremely cautions with some legal ones to. always, always consult medical professionals before consuming anything.

no thank you, my struggles with mental health issues have been bad enough, i ll stick to my own drug of fresh air, its far safer. again, if you suffer with mental health issues, or members of your family do, dont go anywhere near illegal drugs, and be extremely cautions with some legal ones to. always, always consult medical professionals before consuming anything.

No - I meant you should stay away from it, if your doctor has aadvised you to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I'd say that the amount of bad reactions to LSD, or other illegal drugs, is miniscule compared to the damage that alcohol is doing to people. The most dangerous drug is the most abused but we just accept that people turn when on it because it's legal.

Del2005 wrote: »
    I'd say that the amount of bad reactions to LSD, or other illegal drugs, is miniscule compared to the damage that alcohol is doing to people. The most dangerous drug is the most abused but we just accept that people turn when on it because it's legal.

They are not comparible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Nermal

Ah, so it's the "in the open" part you object to? You just want it swept under the carpet?

If getting them out of the city means 'under the carpet', yes, absolutely. Let them shoot up in an 'injection space' in a ghetto somewhere.

Nermal wrote: »
    If getting them out of the city means 'under the carpet', yes, absolutely. Let them shoot up in an 'injection space' in a ghetto somewhere.

I'd be in favour of this as it is making an attempt to deal with the problem. Dr. B is against it though, he wants five years jail minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Was on a bus yesterday, some poor unfortunate soul smoking gear down the back seat..He is undoubtedly a fine upstanding citizen who just managed to miss all the memo's about heroin being a bad idea and he just needs hugs and expensive treatment but I'll settle for him spending a few years out of public circulation so Joe soap doesn't have to deal with this lowlife carry on.

Bambi wrote: »
    Was on a bus yesterday, some poor unfortunate soul smoking gear down the back seat..He is undoubtedly a fine upstanding citizen who just managed to miss all the memo's about heroin being a bad idea and he just needs hugs and expensive treatment but I'll settle for him spending a few years out of public circulation so Joe soap doesn't have to deal with this lowlife carry on.

Uh-huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

I'd be in favour of this as it is making an attempt to deal with the problem. Dr. B is against it though, he wants five years jail minimum.

I wouldn't get away with shooting up drugs in public.

It's seems to be one law for the Junkies and another for decent people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Bambi wrote: »

We need a zero tolerance policy for people taking drugs in public.

rise2.jpg

Dr Brown wrote:

It would hardly knock the issue further underground, would it?

It would hardly knock the issue further underground, would it?

So it's okay to break the law just so we can all see you're breaking the law? Fair nuff.

Bambi wrote:
    So it's okay to break the law just so we can all see you're breaking the law? Fair nuff.

I regularly break the law, my conscience is doing just fine. It's important to realise, not all laws are actually there for the benefit of all. Again, our drug problems are not a legal matter, but a health issue

Dr. Lux

I suppose that's fair. But the vast majority of people that use drugs recreationally are fine; it's those with a problem that get into trouble. And if we could legally purchase most of these drugs we could be assured as to their quality and potency, you have no idea buying online or on the streets!

rise2.jpg

But it is illegal for people to use drugs in public, if you're caught, you can go to prison. What you're suggesting is just more of same, yet you expect it to make a difference?

• Advertisement

I regularly break the law, my conscience is doing just fine. It's important to realise, not all laws are actually there for the benefit of all. Again, our drug problems are not a legal matter, but a health issue

I'm not too worried about your conscience, most criminals have no problem with their conscience so the state of your or any one elses conscience is irrelevant in the matter, as is a criminal's opinion of what laws they should obey. Let's face it, the reason they're breaking a law is not because they're wild radicals who disagree with it, it's because they don't think they'll be caught ;)

Of course if we wanted to treat illegal drug use as a health issue we could go one further than injection centers and just hand out heroin in these centers to their patrons. Sort out a goodly amount of our crime problem too.

The "health issue" brigade might not be too crazy about that.

Advertisement