Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work at Apple (Cork) as Manufacturing Supervisor.

Options
  • 16-06-2018 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I just wondering is anybody knows something about this. Is it a good place to work? Is the position a good one that worth the effort? How stressful it is? Shift pattern? Salary?
    Lots of question :) but it is better to ask and investigate than finding out that you don't like it!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ciaragrant92

Hi, not working in Apple myself but you might get a better response by reaching out to someone on LinkedIn who's already in the job rather than posting on Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Haven't worked in Apple in years, but I'd say it's a good place to work. Very multi-cultural (European sales and tech support staff also hosted there), and a friendly atmosphere. Very good canteen - which is important since it's at the edge of the city and you don't really have any other options other than bringing a packed lunch.

Can't comment at all on the individual role/salary/hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭thomil

I worked there for 3.5 years, until 2016, although I was on the "other" side of the campus in AppleCare. Pay was adequate for the job I did, although nothing spectacular. The benefits are really good, and the facilities are top notch, the canteens have already been mentioned, and yes, you read that right, there are multiple canteens, four in total the last time I was up there. The entire campus has been thoroughly modernised in recent years. Expect quite a bit of pressure from management, Apple is all about working as efficiently as possible without sacrificing accuracy. Many companies claim that, but Apple is much more adamant about this than any other employer I've seen so far.
    One thing I do have to add. Security is extremely tight up there, from people I still know up there, they've really tightened the screws in that regard in recent years. So be ready for that.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Advertisement