Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council requesting payslips

Options
  • 16-06-2018 11:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

So myself and the other half are private renting at the moment, she has been on the housing list for a number of years. Yesterday she got a letter from the council allocation officer requesting bank statement and payslips.

Can anyone tell me why they would be requesting that information at this time?

Does this mean she could be housed soon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Maybe just checking she’s still eligible, if she’s been on the list for years? Many peoples’ circumstances change. If they check this, they can cut people off the waiting list.

thebull85 wrote: »
    So myself and the other half are private renting at the moment, she has been on the housing list for a number of years. Yesterday she got a letter from the council allocation officer requesting bank statement and payslips.

Can anyone tell me why they would be requesting that information at this time?

Does this mean she could be housed soon?

Strange that they didn’t ask for yours too. As already said, it’s simply to check if she’s still eligible and to see if her circumstances are still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Councils are trying to manage down the list numbers - know two people (work colleague and someone I was in school with) contacted you verify. Neither were still on RAS it actually qualified anymore but had forgotten to remove themselves so you can see why they're calling.

Don't think any media announcement on reducing lists is actually due to new houses being supplied!

Advertisement