Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone ever worked for AIB in Ballsbridge?

• 16-06-2018 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm starting a new job there soon and I'm just wondering about hours of work - in particular, the mortgage department.

It's something that wasn't discussed in the application process and I, naively, didn't think to ask.

Are the hours' normal office hours i.e. 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭homer911

Working hours should be in your offer letter

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭DonnaMarieAva

homer911 wrote: »

They aren't. It just says "hours in line with business needs".

homer911 wrote: »

They aren't. It just says "hours in line with business needs".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Contact whoever sent you the offer letter.

Expect the worst, their published opening hours are 8am-9pm Monday - Friday, 9am-6pm Saturday. This is not what you were expecting I imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,272 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

My missus was senior staff there (bankcentre HQ) up to 2 years ago, she says its pretty much 9-5 with some flexibility for transport and childcare needs, a lot of folk work 7-3, 8-4 but they will have established themselves on standard hours to begin with. Lunch is usually about 30-45 mins.

The bit about 'business needs' is that certain areas are busier at certain peaks and there will be paid evening and Saturday overtime occasionally and you will be expected to work it when it comes up. You can expect it to come up if your area is mortgage resolutions.

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »
    My missus was senior staff there (bankcentre HQ) up to 2 years ago, she says its pretty much 9-5 with some flexibility for transport and childcare needs, a lot of folk work 7-3, 8-4 but they will have established themselves on standard hours to begin with. Lunch is usually about 30-45 mins.

The bit about 'business needs' is that certain areas are busier at certain peaks and there will be paid evening and Saturday overtime occasionally and you will be expected to work it when it comes up. You can expect it to come up if your area is mortgage resolutions.

Hi, thanks so much for that! I had to query it with the HR department and they confirmed that my hours will be 9-5, Monday to Friday. I am so relieved because I wouldn't have been able to take the job otherwise!

Many thanks for your reply :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,272 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Best of luck with it, hard workers go very well in there (despite the banks image)

Advertisement