If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new TV

Options
  • 16-06-2018 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

Hi, I need a new TV. Richersounds were recommended to me. I am clueless where to start. But I know what I DO want.
    A 43"+ TV
    Good sound/picture quality
    built in RTE/TV3/ITV/BBC/Netflix players
    A few HDMI ports.
    Do ye have any recommendations? Many thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Hi, I need a new TV. Richersounds were recommended to me. I am clueless where to start. But I know what I DO want.
    A 43"+ TV
    Good sound/picture quality
    built in RTE/TV3/ITV/BBC/Netflix players
    A few HDMI ports.
    Do ye have any recommendations? Many thanks
    Hi Maz2016.

Samsung produce a 40" if that size might suit.

If you are based in the south the only way you can get UK stations is via freesat which means you would have to purchase a television with both a freeview HD tuner and a Satellite tuner.

The Samsung UE40MU6400 will do all the above and is priced at £399.00 with £6.99 shipping.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202568-ue40mu6400.aspx

The only down side of this screen is that you need to re-tune it each time you want to switch between the FreeviewHD (Saorview) Tuner and the Freesat tuner (for BBC etc..)

If you did jump to a 43" then LG have the 43UJ670 which again has both tuners but without the need to re-tune each time and can be done with a few presses of some buttons on the remote.
    The 43UJ670 priced at £369.00 with £6.99 shipping.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202500-43uj670v.aspx

Both of the above television come with our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.