Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vpn on Tp link and Virgin super hub

Options
  • 16-06-2018 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

Ok I have VPN unlimited and I can't change my ip address to UK. I've been onto their customer support team and no joy.

Not sure if it's any settings with the modem. I've bridged the superhub to a tp link modem.

Is there anything I need to change in the settings to try and get vpn working?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Ok I have VPN unlimited and I can't change my ip address to UK. I've been onto their customer support team and no joy.

Not sure if it's any settings with the modem. I've bridged the superhub to a tp link modem.

Is there anything I need to change in the settings to try and get vpn working?

Do you mean a tp-link router?

You are super shy on detail. Are you setting up the vpn on a router or on a pc/tablet/settop box? What error message are you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

degsie wrote: »
    Do you mean a tp-link router?

You are super shy on detail. Are you setting up the vpn on a router or on a pc/tablet/settop box? What error message are you getting?

Sorry router

I have VPN unlimited app on android box and changed server to UK. Then when I try to access BBC I player no joy.

Can access it via Hola app just not with vpn unlimited app. Tried everything and customer services assisted but same issue. So was wondering if it was modem /router issue?

What does this report show you after you have set up the vpn?

https://www.iplocation.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭banie01

BBC iPlayer are very efficient at identifying and blocking VPN IP ranges and blocking them.
    My VPN works great for UKTV, ITV and all other UK players apart from BBC.

Are you just using the VPN app?
    Or have you configured the VPN to work directly on the router?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Yeah just using the app

So select the UK region and ip location shows UK but can't get iplayer to work.

• Advertisement

So, BBC have copped the vpn, you are sol.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Sorry discussion of how to bypass geoblocking is not allowed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement