Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying in Moreen?

• 16-06-2018 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭

My son is considering to buy a house in the Moreen Estate, Sandyford.

What a superb location, close to everything including their jobs. And the price is achievable for this young working couple.

Only thing is, when he was at school, not too far from that neighbourhood, a couple of the more troublesome pupils had addresses in Moreen.

We took a little drive around and it looks fine to me: not very classy, but then, they are council houses; and while some are in private hands, some are still public housing - and nothing wrong with that, either.

Well maintained, decent cars in driveways, plenty of grass for kids to play on. Next-door estate, Blackthorn, somewhat posher but also dearer!

Is there anyone here who has lived in either and can add a comment on living in the area?
    My son and daughter-in-law definitely interested in the house, but wavering to make the decision.

Looking for nudges! :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Day Lewin wrote: »
    My son is considering to buy a house in the Moreen Estate, Sandyford.

What a superb location, close to everything including their jobs. And the price is achievable for this young working couple.

Only thing is, when he was at school, not too far from that neighbourhood, a couple of the more troublesome pupils had addresses in Moreen.

We took a little drive around and it looks fine to me: not very classy, but then, they are council houses; and while some are in private hands, some are still public housing - and nothing wrong with that, either.

Well maintained, decent cars in driveways, plenty of grass for kids to play on. Next-door estate, Blackthorn, somewhat posher but also dearer!

Is there anyone here who has lived in either and can add a comment on living in the area?
    My son and daughter-in-law definitely interested in the house, but wavering to make the decision.

Looking for nudges! :-)

Living there over three years now, a friend from stepaside mentioned he wouldn't have even cycled through there 20 years ago!

It's fine, the older folk are friendly enough, they will stop for a chat if you are outside doing something out the front and they are passing. Met more people when I was out shovelling snow during the cold spell than I did in the previous 3 years!

Haven't had any issues or trouble so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,349 ✭✭✭markpb

I lived there a while ago (renting) and couldn’t complain. The people are grand, there was never any trouble at all, lots of kids playing on the roads, etc. Some of the houses make better windows than doors though, budget for a lot of work insulating them.

Advertisement