Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports Show 16/6/18

• 16-06-2018 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Good show so far on Sky.

Scrappy but entertaining cruiser fight ended in a fair draw.

Charlie Edwards in a very impressive, yet entertaining 3 round fight.

Some good matchups to come too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Burns notched up a win earlier for his 50th bout..

Same tip tip tip tap fight rd after rd this one... McDonnell tip tapping a lot more.

Spence on against Ocampo later....

No channel showing it unfortunately..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

I enjoyed that fight.

Two good honest fighters going hard for 12 rounds.

Ritson v Hyland Jr. coming up - I can't see this being anything other than entertaining for however long it lasts.

Ritson can bang. Heavy favorite...

Think I’ll go with the puncher here😜

• Advertisement

Super stuff..

Mismatch...great left hooks to the body...

Hyland needed to run, not trade..when hurt.

One round, but it was great stuff!

Ritson is sooo strong. Somebody mentioned beforehand that he reminded them of Scott Harrison and I'd have to agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Still think Kelly is all style, little substance. Going to get found out moving up the levels.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Still think Kelly is all style, little substance. Going to get found out moving up the levels.

In fairness, he's only had seven fights.

Plenty to improve on, but he has a lot of ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

megadodge wrote: »
    In fairness, he's only had seven fights.

Plenty to improve on, but he has a lot of ability.

I just don't see it with him at all. Hands down by his side, going back in straight lines, awfully clumsy combinations thrown from way out of range, getting caught over and over. He has the perfect recipe to get sparked once he faces a puncher. There's a lot of hype stemming from a view flashy KO's against binmen.

If Booth makes him a world champ at 147 it'll be his greatest achievement to date by a mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Gotta love Spence jr not sure if there’s anyone in boxing who hits as well to the body that ko was nasty

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Gotta love Spence jr not sure if there’s anyone in boxing who hits as well to the body that ko was nasty

I’ll love him more when he gets bigger fights..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Big credit for the Brook fight but yea it’s time to take on the top fighters now. I thought he allowed quite a few body shots to hit him last night but he’s got great accuracy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

The crowd went extremely flat after the Ritson fight, Eddie should have had him headline but Kelly (I am a fan of him) is the Olympic golden child.

reminded me in a way of the Tommy Coyle Luke Campbell double act when Campbell was starting out, Coyle was selling more tickets and putting on more entertaining fights (Derry Matthews for one) and because Campbell was the Olympic hero he got top billing.

Advertisement