Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering Eir Broadband - Existing Sky account still active at the address

Options
  • 16-06-2018 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hello all,

I'm moving in to a new rental property in the coming week or two, but I have a concern about internet connectivity.

When I went to view the place, there was a "Sky Fibre" router in the sitting room. 

I've heard of issues before so I called Sky, and they confirmed there was in-fact an active account at the address and it was not cancelled.

I spoke to 3 separate Sales reps at Eir, before ordering, and discussed my concerns whilst providing the address. All 3 reps said there would be no problems as Eir could cancel and override it with my account as they own the lines.

After being reassured 3 times, I still have my doubts.

Will I have problems? Eir have given me a date of installation which is 22-06-2018, but I feel like I'll be contacted and told that they cannot install it as there is an active account on the line with another provider.

Any help or advice would be great!

- Jack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hello all,

I'm moving in to a new rental property in the coming week or two, but I have a concern about internet connectivity.

When I went to view the place, there was a "Sky Fibre" router in the sitting room. 

I've heard of issues before so I called Sky, and they confirmed there was in-fact an active account at the address and it was not cancelled.

I spoke to 3 separate Sales reps at Eir, before ordering, and discussed my concerns whilst providing the address. All 3 reps said there would be no problems as Eir could cancel and override it with my account as they own the lines.

After being reassured 3 times, I still have my doubts.

Will I have problems? Eir have given me a date of installation which is 22-06-2018, but I feel like I'll be contacted and told that they cannot install it as there is an active account on the line with another provider.

Any help or advice would be great!

- Jack
    Hi mr_jackapple ,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement