Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE 2K19

• 16-06-2018 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭

Seems a good time to start this, with the cover star set to be announced as AJ Styles, according to Ryan Satin. He also says the DLC pre-order bonus is going to be Ronda Rousey. Great choice for the cover in my opinion, but it’s ridiculous that Rousey isn’t included in the game outright.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Possible that Ronda hadn't signed with the company when the game was being made, hence her not being in the game outright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Nah just WWE trying to milk as much cash out of it as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Think back to 5/6 years ago when Styles was still Mr. TNA, and was sort of mostly coasting for his last couple years and not making massive waves

Imagine saying then that in a few years that he would become one of the top guys and the cover for their game

I love this timeline for Styles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

That TNA game was alot more fun to play matches then the current stuff 2k put out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

I am hoping this game will be fun to play and we get a proper season or story mode with an active wrestler or legend but I amnt holding my breath!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jk23 wrote: »
    I am hoping this game will be fun to play and we get a proper season or story mode with an active wrestler or legend but I amnt holding my breath!

I wouldn’t if I was you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Fire Pro Wrestling World, with NJPW content, is releasing on 28th August.

Think i'll be passing up 2K19 in favour of this

Just bought TEW 2016 as was big fan og extreme warfare, bit hard to get used to, but should be fun once I get stuck in....

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Fire Pro Wrestling World, with NJPW content, is releasing on 28th August.

Think i'll be passing up 2K19 in favour of this

Was literally just coming in here to post this , FPW games are always amazing for someone who can get lost in the psychology of the match , Lets hope the creation suit is as good on console as it has been for the steam community

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

WWE 2k19 is out on October 9th on standard editions. If you order the collectors or deluxe edition would get it 4 days early on the 5th.

AJ styles is as expected the cover star.

• Advertisement

So, some details have been released.

They are gonna have a new mode in the game called Towers. Suppose it'd be a bit like the MK towers. The towers are all uniquely themed. However, if you look along the bottom of the screenshot, you'll see Loot Pack Store.... Yup, Microtransactions are here. Thanks 2K, definitely not buying this year now!

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fbrianmazique%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F07%2FTowersMode2-1200x675.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2018/07/31/wwe-2k19-news-new-towers-mode-revealed-and-how-to-qualify-for-the-million-dollar-challenge/#432d4836cb6c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Will be the same as the last 3 games.
    Just add DLC to 2k16....boom done.

So we got "treated" to a couple screenshots of the new game yesterday. Same old shyte
    pszq4adqjre11.jpg
    idAKZoQ.jpg

2k have a habit of releasing screens that look nothing like the game itself. Now, there will be fan boys online pouring over the above images (I've already seen someone say "look at those kneepads :)). However, remember this screen from last year

1x4q5h4e1re11.jpg

I fired up WWE 13 last night for the Craic. I think this was THQ'S last game for WWE. It's actually fun, gameplay wise. It's not the slow, lumbering game that 2k are putting out. Reversals are ridiculous. The window for reversals is a lot more forgiving. But you can easily have a match with reversal into reversal. Very entertaining. I forgot catch finishers were in this game. Jumped off the top as HBK in a tag with HHH, VS Taker & Mankind (Attitude era mode). Caught and into a Tombstone. Popped me! Sure, the graphics aren't all there, but when the gameplay is right, I don't care.

Even moving around the ring is easier.

So, some details have been released.

They are gonna have a new mode in the game called Towers. Suppose it'd be a bit like the MK towers. The towers are all uniquely themed. However, if you look along the bottom of the screenshot, you'll see Loot Pack Store.... Yup, Microtransactions are here. Thanks 2K, definitely not buying this year now!

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fbrianmazique%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F07%2FTowersMode2-1200x675.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2018/07/31/wwe-2k19-news-new-towers-mode-revealed-and-how-to-qualify-for-the-million-dollar-challenge/#432d4836cb6c

I had been tempted to get this, but seeing as Microtransactions are going to be in the game, I'm definitely passing.

As for the Microtransactions/Loot Pack, and the controversy that followed due to the Star Battlefront II (I think it was that) and this probably shows off how old I am, but whatever happened to the days of sinking hours into a game and unlocking whatever needed unlocking?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I had been tempted to get this, but seeing as Microtransactions are going to be in the game, I'm definitely passing.

As for the Microtransactions/Loot Pack, and the controversy that followed due to the Star Battlefront II (I think it was that) and this probably shows off how old I am, but whatever happened to the days of sinking hours into a game and unlocking whatever needed unlocking?

Exactly brother. And what's worse is, with 2k, a lot of the stuff is "on disc" already, yet they expect you to pay extra to unlock it.

Long gone are the days you got a game, put it in, and the whole experience was there. The full story, no dlc additions, and the developers had to have it right and launch, meaning no patches.

Its less than 2 months out from launch for this game here, and all that's been given is 2 screens and that tower crap.

Apparently however, 2k are sinking significant funding into the WWE IP, so 2k20 may be worth holding out for. They need a new engine. Badly. The animations used date back to Smackdown 1 ffs

Exactly brother. And what's worse is, with 2k, a lot of the stuff is "on disc" already, yet they expect you to pay extra to unlock it.

Long gone are the days you got a game, put it in, and the whole experience was there. The full story, no dlc additions, and the developers had to have it right and launch, meaning no patches.

Its less than 2 months out from launch for this game here, and all that's been given is 2 screens and that tower crap.

Apparently however, 2k are sinking significant funding into the WWE IP, so 2k20 may be worth holding out for. They need a new engine. Badly. The animations used date back to Smackdown 1 ffs

Fools and their money will be easily parted for extra content.

I miss those days to be honest, now it's how much can we charge for this, and how can we screw people for more money.

Haven't bought a WWE game in a decade, fell out of love with wrestling games around Smackdown Vs RAW 2009, and based on the above and previous games, nothing has changed.

So, they're bringing back Showcase mode, featuring Daniel Bryan. Features are:

* 12 unique matches, including 11 historic bouts from Bryan's career and one surprise battle
    * Nine historic arenas that featured prominently in Bryan's career, including the venues for WrestleMania XXX and Velocity
    * 11 different playable character models for Daniel Bryan, with each one featuring their own move sets and unique appearances
    * New entrances and victory scenes, including a special surprise when Bryan competes with Kane as part of Team Hell No

Ugh. 11 different character models? FFS. That means just like having 6 models of Sting, and 5 of HHH, there will now be 11 models of D.Bry

DkkfVzIW4AMLYM1.jpg
    DkkX-o-XoAADWd-.jpg
    https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fbrianmazique%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F08%2FSnapShot21.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I think most would prefer if they focused on getting just 1 character model looking well

DB in the WM30 image looks absolutely terrible, these graphics are no better than was on SD vs Raw on PS2 over 12 years ago

I think most would prefer if they focused on getting just 1 character model looking well

DB in the WM30 image looks absolutely terrible, these graphics are no better than was on SD vs Raw on PS2 over 12 years ago

Aye, and the Mania 30 arena looks about as big as The Point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Yeah granted it's not complete yet, but it won't change between now and release.

As for the commentary, its just more of the same. Having Graves and Saxton calling over Bryans early matches is just nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭showpony1

do these games still do well? are we every going to get a reboot and enjoyable game?
    I miss the days of getting a very new feeling enjoyable game every year and going into the (now scrapped) story mode.
    had every game up until last year and now not even interested in this

showpony1 wrote: »
    do these games still do well? are we every going to get a reboot and enjoyable game?
    I miss the days of getting a very new feeling enjoyable game every year and going into the (now scrapped) story mode.
    had every game up until last year and now not even interested in this

Apparently, 2K are gonna pump money into the WWE series from next year. That to me tells me to give this years one a miss.

They need a new engine. And for the love of God, get rid of Yukes once and for
    all.

First screenshot of Ronda. An active roster member, not on the main game :rolleyes:

That top... that hair... Is this the Playstation 2

DkuqyuGVsAEhAMh.jpg

First screenshot of Ronda. An active roster member, not on the main game :rolleyes:

That top... that hair... Is this the Playstation 2

DkuqyuGVsAEhAMh.jpg

Jesus that's BRUTAL.

Pete Dunne & Tyler Bate have been announced, complete with entrances. Dunne looks the part. Bate looks like a CAW that Stevie Wonder might put together.

F you 2K & Yukes
    https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/1033418329841524736?s=09

https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/1033418882499862528?s=09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Tyler looks like KO's younger brother. Still, seems a good sign for their long term career prospects in WWE.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The crowd reactions are also terrible

WWE 2K the roman reigns of wrestling games, I'll buying Fire Pro anyway for certain , cheaper too

For anyone looking for an alternative, Fire Pro Wrestling World is out in the US today, at $49.99. It's ridiculously easy to set up a US account on the PSN.

The Deluxe version, at $89.99 includes a mode that's similar to GM Mode on the old WWE games

• Advertisement

It's out here next month and it's only 45 euro in gamestop , worth the wait especially with the DLC coming out for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Wish I'd a PS4 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It's on PC as well. There's loads of videos on YouTube showing created wrestlers and it's pretty amazing. Basically any wrestler you could probably ever want is there.

Yeah I have it on Steam , it's class , but there's a career mode and stuff coming with the ps4 version and I rather just have it on console anyway

The graphics for NBA 2K19 look better than the graphics for WWE 2k19..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The graphics for NBA 2K19 look better than the graphics for WWE 2k19..

Most next gen graphics looks better than WWE 2K19. It’s a piss poor addition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Yeah I have it on Steam , it's class , but there's a career mode and stuff coming with the ps4 version and I rather just have it on console anyway

What's the customization like on ps4? Will we get a similar amount of wrestlers available to download?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭showpony1

Any video of Fire Pro I watched is two little 2D characters swinging and constantly missing punches and kicks at each other? am I missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Speaking of other wrestling video games. I bought in on the Kickstarter for The Chikara Videogame. It's been two years. They still post videos of them still working on it via Twitter. But at this stage, I doubt it's coming out now. But it did look fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofqexW6SJJE

Roster reveal video where Rusev, Lana and the B Team bury most of the roster. Good times. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Trying to figure out if Lana sounds more like Steph or Jennifer Lawrence

• Advertisement

Look at this for a shower of out of touch cnuts

91kzx2apvfk11.jpg

showpony1 wrote: »
    Any video of Fire Pro I watched is two little 2D characters swinging and constantly missing punches and kicks at each other? am I missing something here?

Everything isn't about graphics , the matchs flow much better and more realistically

and as for the above WWE can get to **** with there loot boxes

Ok... I wish I was making this up. They've released a "gameplay" trailer.

Featured were...

Zombie Triple H(yup)
    Big Head wrestlers (like NBA Jam)
    House of Horros match
    Women's Royal Rumble.

And a hodge podge of a pile other sh8t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just watched it, I have no words.

On top of all that gerry, I noticed a golden AJ Styles at the end. Looks like they’ve finally decided to say “fcuk you” to realism and just turn the series into a joke.

Some screens... I forgot to mention a Golden AJ Styles
    zu985g4tl0m11.png
    9eivwb4qk0m11.jpg
    12fg5ba4r0m11.png
    szamgknvj0m11.png

It sucks as the games have such a potential for greatness, with the characters, the story driven nature of www, the rich history and all the different dynamics and match types.

Mario cart prime example of such a simple game, but different courses different characters and it just so genuinely fun to play.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've got to be honest, the weird stuff has me more intrigued than previous games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The House of Horrors match looks like they used PS4 character models and uses PS2 assets for the environment.
    I read somewhere that Ciampa isn't even in the base game & with this being 2K expect some microtransaction hijinks to be revealed post release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hopefully Ciampa is added in as DLC at an extortionate price, like €20 or something like that. After his Infinity War spoilers, it’s just a natural progression for his character and I’d personally love to see it. A forward thinking heel. :)

Speculation online that himself and Nikki Cross are Towers mode bosses, unlocked via gameplay.

Ciampa himself tweeted out that he doesn't lose in real life, and sure as hell ain't gonna allow himself to lose in a virtual representation either, so asked developers to not include him. Forever the heel!

• Advertisement
Advertisement