Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Anyone get fire pro on Friday? 45 in gamestop

Yeah my local one only had 2 copies. Smyths or Argos didn't have copies on Friday anyway.
    Really enjoy it even if the tutorials are a mixed bag.
    Haven't downloaded anything from FPW NET but heard you can download Wrestlers/etc on the PC using your PS4 profile credentials. And they will appear in your PS4 next time you turn it on/restart the game.
    The game is a ton of fun to play with the multi man matches, deathmatches and I'm looking forward to playing through the Fighting Road mode too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Got it myself on friday , emailed smyths during the week they weren't getting it in , seems a pretty niche thing , 45 in gamestop is grand though

Downloaded a load of Attitude Era and ECW guys already had 2 100% matches already and just started the career mode just now , really enjoying it so far

Got it myself on friday , emailed smyths during the week they weren't getting it in , seems a pretty niche thing , 45 in gamestop is grand though

Downloaded a load of Attitude Era and ECW guys already had 2 100% matches already and just started the career mode just now , really enjoying it so far

Yeah Smyths tried to suggest FIFA instead which was strange :confused: maybe they didn't understand me saying Fire Pro Wrestling World. I did say it was niche too as I had to ask for it in Smyths and Gamestop.
    I downloaded like 80 wrestlers last night and created WWE(Raw, Smackdown, NXT as neutral stables), WWF, ECW, WCW, All Japan, NOAH, Dragon Gate, CMLL, AAA, ROH, TNA, UFC, Pride and *Independent as promotions. That was on the back of seeing all that is available to download online.

Few missions in a game have annoyed me as much as winning a match via count out in Fire Pro Wrestling World. Hit your biggest moves on the outside and he's as likely to pop up first as you are or counter a move at around 17 seconds to get you both counted out. Even getting back in the ring can be tricky with the isometric control scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Toughest time of the year, when the game has preloaded and you can't play yet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Toughest time of the year, when the game has preloaded and you can't play yet!

Let us know what it’s really like? And can you do me one favour can you let me know if the rivalries on universe mode make you endlessly fight your rival.

It’s so annoying if you’re in a rivalry and they make ye fight every week. Especially in the long rivialries ye could end up having the same matchup 15 times in 3 months.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loughc wrote: »
    Let us know what it’s really like? And can you do me one favour can you let me know if the rivalries on universe mode make you endlessly fight your rival.

It’s so annoying if you’re in a rivalry and they make ye fight every week. Especially in the long rivialries ye could end up having the same matchup 15 times in 3 months.

Wow, so realistic :P

Game playable for those that pre ordered.

The special "dream match" hyped by 2k for the final match in the Daniel Bryan showcase is against none other than
    Bryan Danielson

Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone playing this, is it worthwhile or just the same again?

Anyone playing this, is it worthwhile or just the same again?

I have it.

Lots of small improvements make for a better experience overall. AI is much better. Gameplay is faster. Loading times are incredible. There are much more options do to things too. For example, you can now break out of your own entrance, there are squash matches (big guy vs little guy - hit a lot of offense early, you get a finisher very fast, and can finish the match quick).

I've been loving it so far. I haven't touched Towers, Showcase or myCareer even yet, solely playing Universe mode. Had 2 amazing Survivor Series matches the last 2 nights, both over an hour long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this made me laugh so much.

Roman Reigns v Kane anyone?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have it.

I've been loving it so far. I haven't touched Towers, Showcase or myCareer even yet, solely playing Universe mode. Had 2 amazing Survivor Series matches the last 2 nights, both over an hour long.

How is universe mode going? Are rivalries the same and is it true title matches now happen on Raw and Smackdown and not just ppvs

How is universe mode going? Are rivalries the same and is it true title matches now happen on Raw and Smackdown and not just ppvs

Rivalries seem to play out the same (at least to me).

I'm not sure about the Championship question, i'm running my own show, rather than Raw & Smackdown. I've heard there is a bug currently where the game will vacate the title at random, and put 2 guys in a title match for the belt, also at random

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

This is actually part of Gamestops €1 Trade in offer https://www.gamestop.ie/€1-Trade-Offer

I'm trying hard not to fall in to the same trap I always do every year when I say I'm not going to buy this

I'm trying hard not to fall in to the same trap I always do every year when I say I'm not going to buy this

But... But... Big head mode. And Minecraft mode. And Cel Shaded camera mode :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I'm enjoying it a lot. Towers mode is pretty cool with some random stipulations thrown into matches, for instance in Rey's cruiserweight tower there's some matches where the gameplay is massively sped up so you're flying all over the shop. The way you can trigger a run-in is class aswell. haven't been able to do that since WWF Attitude I think...

Having to distract the referee for the likes of Nakamura's low blow is a nice touch ( you'll get disqualified otherwise). If you remove the turnbuckle cover, the ref will notice eventually and go to put it back on, giving you time to hit an illegal move. Lots of other improvements across the board and gameplay is a lot more fluid with tons of new animations

God damn you all i'm really trying lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

my favorite mode back in the day used to be the story mode, which I guess universe mode is most similar to these days.
    so its more of the same no real storylines, you just put people into a feud and they wrestle every week until its over?

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    my favorite mode back in the day used to be the story mode, which I guess universe mode is most similar to these days.
    so its more of the same no real storylines, you just put people into a feud and they wrestle every week until its over?

Theres a career mode. In fact, it's meant to be the best since the PS2 era games

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I love the story mode. It seems a bit like the storyline from the TNA game from back in the day. My only problem with is the moves/outfit being stuck behind a paywall.

You can earn virtual money to buy the packs for moves/outfits but it so random to what you get. It clearly wants you to spend real money to get the things you want.

It's really sad as there is a possible natural progression system within inside the game. I just went to Mexico. It would make more sense after going to Mexico I would unlock some Luch type moves/outfits etc and choose what suits my guy. This could be done with each section of the story but 2K wanted to push those loot packs.

I'm enjoying Towers mode. The million dollar challenge starts off with a not meant to be funny video from AJ Styles clearly reading off autocue and looks like it was shot on his lunch break.

Not a fan of the background design. The all white look with a random image of a wrestler turning to dust like Avengers Infinity War doesn't make sense to me.

The white background is awful. Well, the white in itself is not too bad. But the tiny red line around boxes that shows what you are selecting is terrible. It's so hard to see. It makes creating content an awful chore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

The white background is awful. Well, the white in itself is not too bad. But the tiny red line around boxes that shows what you are selecting is terrible. It's so hard to see. It makes creating content an awful chore

Yea, it's actually so bad for create a wrestler. Impossible to tell where you are in the boxes. Really needs a patch update

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Currently watching someone play through career mode on YouTube and think it is best career/story mode since early SVR games.

It is still rookie vs. HHH narrative but they added some interesting storylines along the way.

Currently watching someone play through career mode on YouTube and think it is best career/story mode since early SVR games.

It is still rookie vs. HHH narrative but they added some interesting storylines along the way.

I started playing Career myself recently. It's pretty great. Cole Quinn is an amazing character (Black Hole Cole!)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,181 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

May pick it up now that it is up to half price on the xbox black friday sale

May pick it up now that it is up to half price on the xbox black friday sale

Well worth it.

I'm entirely addicted to it. Towers mode keeps me coming back. I haven't touched Showcase mode at all yet, and i'm only a little through the Story mode.

I'm using Towers as a way to "Level Up" my CAW for the Story Mode.

The Towers are some craic. One match might be normal, but you can't leave the ring. Or you can't run. Or there might be a 5 count for outside the ring, little conditons like this. Some matches might be in big head, pixel or cel shaded mode. There's so much varience. And there's a Daily, Weekly & Monthly (PPV) tower too, so things are fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 22,181 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Well worth it.

I'm entirely addicted to it. Towers mode keeps me coming back. I haven't touched Showcase mode at all yet, and i'm only a little through the Story mode.

I'm using Towers as a way to "Level Up" my CAW for the Story Mode.

The Towers are some craic. One match might be normal, but you can't leave the ring. Or you can't run. Or there might be a 5 count for outside the ring, little conditons like this. Some matches might be in big head, pixel or cel shaded mode. There's so much varience. And there's a Daily, Weekly & Monthly (PPV) tower too, so things are fresh

Just finding time with RDR2 I finished that main story mode, but missed a couple of missions so restarting it again to take it slowly and do missions and stranger missions

• Advertisement

34.99 on the Playstation store now

Advertisement