Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,181 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

34.99 on the Playstation store now

£24.99 on game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

This is down to 29.99 in SMyths for Black Friday, worth it at that price lads?

27.99 in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

27.99 in Argos.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

27.99 in Argos.

€30 in Gamestop too so its on sale everywhere. Was tempted to buy it but thought better as I've too much to play already and I prefer Fire Pro World :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Think its too hard to resist at that price for me, feck it! Only play universe mode usually so ill get me moneys worth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Bit the bullet.Reserved a copy in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

went for it myself too 27.99 worth giving a chance! picking up at lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Spoiler for the my player story mode.

I thought it ended a bit flat. It seem like it had been building up to Buzz Vs HHH at Wrestle Maina. But our feud ended in six man at fast lane and out of nowhere heel turn by AJ. Setting up Buzz against AJ for the main event. Seem like an odd choice.

Really enjoyed the story mode. Haven't started Showcase yet.

jface187 wrote: »
    Spoiler for the my player story mode.

I thought it ended a bit flat. It seem like it had been building up to Buzz Vs HHH at Wrestle Maina. But our feud ended in six man at fast lane and out of nowhere heel turn by AJ. Setting up Buzz against AJ for the main event. Seem like an odd choice.

Really enjoyed the story mode. Haven't started Showcase yet.

Maybe use spoiler tags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Firepro Wrestling World is €20 off if you have Playstation Plus at the minute. Pretty deadly the level of customisable stuff in the game if you like the style of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Got €50 to buy what I want for Christmas off the brother, so I reserved this.

Sat out 17 & 18, what's everyone's thoughts on this year's game?

Got €50 to buy what I want for Christmas off the brother, so I reserved this.

Sat out 17 & 18, what's everyone's thoughts on this year's game?

I love it. Much improved over previous games. Towers mode keeps me coming back daily. Story mode is fantastic (still not cleared it, and I haven't even touched showcase yet).

Its much smoother too, and the commentary during entrances sounds like a live broadcast

Got the game for Christmas anyway.

Enjoying it, haven't gone near showcase and MyPlayer much. Just enjoying exhibition mainly which is what I'll spend most of my time with once I finish the two aforementioned modes.

Btw there's a glitch to bypass the Community creations download limit. When you get to 6 or less out of 20 remaining downloads, preview something, press the download button from the preview menu and back out straight away. You'll notice you'll move from 6 to 7/20 for example

Could someone here sell me on Universe Mode? I loved GM Mode and this is as good as it'll get pretty much. I just want to have fun matches with a bit of meaning storyline wise. For example, just this second I had a great exhibition between HBK and Kurt Angle. After beating Kurt, I broke out and battered him. Had him tapping out on the floor to the Sharpshooter and everything and it was sooooo immersive. I just want more of that. Could someone fill me in on how to set one up? Amount of bodies for one show, etc. I don't want to have to be writing my own fan fiction either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Community Creations are class this year aswell, have a perfect Omega and a few other great NJPW wrestlers in there and the arenas aswell

Community Creations are class this year aswell, have a perfect Omega and a few other great NJPW wrestlers in there and the arenas aswell

Look out for a guy called Defract, he's brilliant at making CAWs. There's another lad called Nickbreak, he works with another guy Bhangra22man, their work is savage.

Check out their Jordan Devlin and Jerry Lynn

Finished the career mode, I'll give a more in-depth (spoiler free) review of it later but I'd love to see them continue on the Buzz story like what EA have done with Alex Hunter.
    I think 2K have done a good job this year with MyPlayer, the towers and career. It makes you want to grind while also being a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seen this on sale on PSN and I'm playing nothing really these days. How is it?

I haven't bought a wrestling game since SVR2007 or 2008. Whichever had the GM mode, which I loved. Anything like that in 2K19? In-depth career mode?

J. Marston wrote: »

I haven't bought a wrestling game since SVR2007 or 2008. Whichever had the GM mode, which I loved. Anything like that in 2K19? In-depth career mode?

No GM Mode at all.

There's Universe Mode now, which is very deep in it's customisation options. But there's no management really, no budgets, no hiring of wrestlers etc.

To me, i played this a ton, more than any wrestling game in ages. I found it to be very good indeed

J. Marston wrote: »

I didn't bother getting the last few games but I understand there is a decent career mode in this but you have to create your own character its not like the old games "story mode" where you could pick a wwe superstar.

They have universe mode which is just a load of random matches and you pick the feuds you want to set up but basically the AI will just have whoever you put in the feud face each other every single week on raw and ppv until its over - its been uninspiring stuff for years.

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    To me, i played this a ton, more than any wrestling game in ages. I found it to be very good indeed

what did you like about it Gerry?

showpony1 wrote: »
    what did you like about it Gerry?

Lots buddy - gameplay was improved greatly. Less buggy. Career mode was brilliant, and plenty long. The Daniel Bryan showcase was well done. Universe mode is entertaining, and improved (just not enough!). The Community Creation suite is insane these days as well, with some truly talented creators out there. I had a full roster of downloads, that look better than 2K managed to acheive with facial scanning.

Man, on release day, i had a picture perfect Ciampa even (and he's not in the game at all, despite being the NXT Champ at the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Need something to give a go and haven't played one of these since the PS2 days iirc. Haven't watched wrestling since WWF, loved the old school ultimate warrior, macho Man, Mr perfect, etc. Can someone tell if me if i can play as these guys with their movesets? Can you use these old school move sets on your caw in career mode?

It's only 15 in Smith's, 17 in Argos so gonna give it a lash.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Need something to give a go and haven't played one of these since the PS2 days iirc. Haven't watched wrestling since WWF, loved the old school ultimate warrior, macho Man, Mr perfect, etc. Can someone tell if me if i can play as these guys with their movesets? Can you use these old school move sets on your caw in career mode?

It's only 15 in Smith's, 17 in Argos so gonna give it a lash.
    Warrior & Macho are in game already and you can download perfect recreations off all your favorites in the Creation Suite

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Warrior & Macho are in game already and you can download perfect recreations off all your favorites in the Creation Suite

Picked it up yesterday, i started with 30k vc (Goddamn i hate 2K and their VC), bought warrior straight away and grief him out in a match and got wrecked i don't have a clue how to play it :)

Created a caw for career but seriously limited on moves and clothing. Hopefully the lootboxes aren't too hard to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Picked this up today for €9.99 in GS

CWF wrote: »
    Picked this up today for €9.99 in GS

Good choice. I'm sticking with 2k19 over 2k20. It's a downgrade moving to 2k20!

Good choice. I'm sticking with 2k19 over 2k20. It's a downgrade moving to 2k20!

Yeah that's what I've been hearing.

What dlc do people recommend getting for this? I think I'll definitely get the accelerator pack as I want to play with the likes of the rock etc. Ps I haven't played a wrestling game since Bring the pain so I'm a bit of a noob. Is the woo pack worth it for the arenas. Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

CWF wrote: »
    What dlc do people recommend getting for this? I think I'll definitely get the accelerator pack as I want to play with the likes of the rock etc. Ps I haven't played a wrestling game since Bring the pain so I'm a bit of a noob. Is the woo pack worth it for the arenas. Thanks in advance

There's a pretty accurate "Community Creations" section where you can get an amzing array of stuff for free from other creators. Maybe start there.

Advertisement