Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2018 Purchases.(Gift, decorations, food,etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

After 15 years it was time to say goodbye to our tree , we got this one in the range today for 120 blips

https://www.therange.co.uk/christmas/christmas-trees/christmas-tree-styles/artificial-trees/oxford-6-5ft-berry-and-cone-christmas-tree#679874

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I love that post box and the fox in the glass. I think I need the post box right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Does anyone know where I might get wrapping paper that can be recycled? Or even just plain brown paper that I could jazz up a bit? We are on a bit of an environmental streak at the minute....or at least trying to be.

Picked up the lantern in Lidl for a tenner:

465403.jpg

Saw a woman in front of me getting four!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,278 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Up in the Blanchardstown SC yesterday & the Mrs ended up getting 2 candy cane throws, 2 santa bowls, 2 santa cookie bowls, 2 santa mugs (with cookie holder slots below) in Tigers... oh and 2 reindeer head fridge magnets... €55 just like that!! She was delighted with herself as she only went in for the throws!

We picked up presents for both our parents also & I managed to get some jewellry for herself also which means I've half her stuff sorted now, so we're nearly there with all the pressie shopping which is both good & bad :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I spent 15 quid on a soft toy for a child who has a million soft toys. He's picked it up in every toy shop we've been in and each time I ask him to put it back, he does, sadly and slowly but without complaint (he's nearly 4 so thats no small feat for him). So I'm going to try get some cute accessories like a Christmas dog coat, a cushion bed, big bow collar and have him under the tree Christmas morning.
    I also picked up a kinetic sand/rock and digger set, reduced to 15. And the lidl wooden cash register.

Plus paint for the kitchen so it's looking lovely for the season.

Feeling super Christmassy so treated myself to a Choc crossiant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Popped into a deli for a sandwich this morning and they had tinsel and Santas all hanging around the Deli, the staff were talking about running around doing errands Christmas Eve, I love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Have one kid nearly finished just the “surprise” to get the little one has 3 trains.....😕 nothing else

I bought the latest addition to my Lego winter village and started to build it as I left it too late last year!

Moved to a house from an apt so need loads of decorations but can’t afford it!!!! Def need a new big tree and a wreath!! Although I may try and make a wreath.....will google how.

Ordered himself's new golf shoes
    Ordered a Dublin GAA Hoodies for my pals little fella
    Picked up 3 large boxes of Dairy Box chocolates one for us the other 2 for my mams neighbours
    I think this is the earliest that I have ever been so organised with presents

I can't do anything until black Friday for the fear of missing a bargain, checking bargain alerts and hukd every two seconds 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,512 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I can't do anything until black Friday for the fear of missing a bargain, checking bargain alerts and hukd every two seconds 😂

I'm similar to this.
    Over the last few years I've monitored prices and always have picked things up reasonable enough during this week!

I totally get that about shopping Black Friday week, I will probably pick up a bargain for myself then :D or something extra for himself

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Picked up these tops for my nephews. The 8-year-old is dabbing mad!

4964905_navy.jpg

5396493_green.jpg

polydactyl wrote: »
    Moved to a house from an apt so need loads of decorations but can’t afford it!!!! Def need a new big tree and a wreath!! Although I may try and make a wreath.....will google how.

I started crocheting a wreath last night. Can share the pattern if ppl like! :D

I'm waiting for Black Friday to buy more decs! Hoping to get a few bits on Amazon for my Christmas village.

I got my mams present this morning I got her a holy medal on a chain she will love it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I browsed more Christmas earrings today, but didn't buy any, nothing really spoke to me, I am getting too picky at this stage, but I need to love what I buy, otherwise I don't buy !

What I did buy was a box of Walkers "Orange Royals Shortbread". Have not tried them before, will wait until breakfast tomorrow before craking it open.
    https://www.walkersshortbread.com/uk/shortbread/orange-royals-1/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Bought three fake vintage type signs to hang up outside, they all light up. I will get some pics tomorrow. I also got a reindeer which sings and dances when you press its hoof. Our German shepherd thinks its the devil and is terrified of it.

I also have a gluten free hamper and a big food hamper arriving today. The gluten free one is for me and the other one is for the OH.

The golf shoes I ordered for himself arrived they are fab he is going to love them
    Our spare room is getting pretty full with presents and nice things to eat :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I got two boxes of these today. Delighted isn’t the word :)

28iqd54.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,512 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I just bought this for somebody!
    2706-1.jpg

Ordered a set of curtain lights for our sitting room window, a few funny Christmas cards on Etsy and part of my husband's present. I'm very excited about the lights!

€65 in the range couldn't resist as I needed a new christmas village I think ;)

https://youtu.be/tjTpZHmwWF0

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Ordered a set of curtain lights for our sitting room window, a few funny Christmas cards on Etsy and part of my husband's present. I'm very excited about the lights!

where did you order the curtain lights from, I've been searching for some and so far haven't been able to find any I like??

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

I'm taking a break from spending this week so when I went out for my lunchtime walk I only bought one little set of lights in Dealz. :pac:

I'm taking a break from spending this week so when I went out for my lunchtime walk I only bought one little set of lights in Dealz. :pac:

These lights are a weird blue/purple colour that I wasn't expecting and they make my bedroom look like a brothel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Got my nieces and nephews christmas presents yesterday so I've only two presents left to get!

2year old boy- Hot wheels cars and a John Deere Build a Johnny Tractor
    5 Year old boy- Minecraft figures and slime factory

3 Year old girl - Nerf Gun and polly pocket play set
    6 Year old Girl- Nerf Gun and polly pocket play set
    (Siblings who always have to have similar presents to avoid fighting)

14 Year old Girl- Day trip to London to see Hamilton on her Februrary school break.

They are quite big presents but I have no kids and am currently still living at home so I decided this year to spoil my minions because they're still fairly small and they're great kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hey LoughC...where did you get the candy cane lights...??

Advertisement