Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2018 Purchases.(Gift, decorations, food,etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hey LoughC...where did you get the candy canes.......they are the biz...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't know but I saw similar in Home Store and More.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It was indeed homestore and more. They are currently on half price.

If your not near Homestore and More Aldi have Candy Cane lights on sale Today the 15th!

I bought 3 Nuxe sets yesterday (the ladies will know the brand that I mean....)....very good value with some of their
    cult favourites included. E42 for 2 of them, and E27 for the other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I bought 3 Nuxe sets yesterday (the ladies will know the brand that I mean....)....very good value with some of their
    cult favourites included. E42 for 2 of them, and E27 for the other.

where was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hi everyone!
    I feel so organised this year. I only have perfumes and aftershaves to buy. Thought The Perfume Shop would have had some bargains but no.
    Anyone seen any good offers?

Just a local chemist. Not one of the big brand names. I.d say readily available with whoever sells the brand Nuxe.

I also usually buy some of the Liz Earle sets....usually get them in Boots. The Christmas sets are always great value...you get lot of
    additional products included for price of one main item. And very presentable present.

Your head would be wrecked, trying to think of something different for people, something that they might not buy them selves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

I just get foodie stuff for my sisters ..Lidl have an amazing hot chocolate tin for 4.95, it's real chocolate chips not powder, so they're getting a tin of those and loads of other goodies from there with bottles of Prosecco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Just got Christmas Jumpers in the post for Mr. CL and the two mini-mes, plus some Christmas PJs for my friends kids. Anyone looking for some cheap clothes but decent quality, I highly recommend George at Asda. They have some lovely stuff for Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Bought a bottle of Mulled Wine in Lidl.
    Got it in past years, and it is OK.
    I like to mix it with apple juice and add a slice of orange with cloves.
    (Mean to make my own at some point, though).

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

I got the Clinique Limited Edition Must Have Set from Boots Star Buy, this evening. It’s half price down from €90.00 to €45.00.

It isn’t available to buy online though and as far as I know it’s only in the larger Boots stores.

The description says
    An exclusive 6-piece Gift Set featuring full-size Clinique skincare favourites and Makeup must-haves. All wrapped up in a perfectly giftable box.

• Full-size Take The Day off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes and Lips 125ml
    • Full-size Moisture Surge 72-hour Auto Replenishing Hydrator 50ml
    • Full-size All About Eyes 15ml
    • Full-size High Impact Mascara in Black 7ml
    • Full-size Pop Lip Colour + Primer in Bare Pop 3.9g
    • Exclusive Clinique Embossed Compact Mirror

https://www.boots.ie/clinique-limited-edition-must-have-set-10257479

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Picked up Champagne Flutes in Ikea today
    I will probably make a another trip before Christmas just not sure who we are having for Christmas yet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Today I went off to Argos to grab a few small gifts from the 2 for 20 offer. I got home, opened the Christmas press and one of the gifts I bought was already in there. I had bought it and forgot about it. So now I have two of the same thing. Will go back and change it. Does anyone know if Argos will replace one item from the offer, for another?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Bought my first Christmas present yesterday. I also bought myself a new Christmas jumper :D

I'm going to have to keep a close eye on this thread to see what presents everybody is buying. I'm really struggling for suggestions for people at the moment :(

I.m the same.....its just hard. Or maybe we.r too fussy....you just want to get it right !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I don't start too early its only into November before I make a start with Christmas shopping. I've nearly everything sorted now and within budget. I don't like that Christmas rush and last minute Christmas shopping there is no need for that hassle its nice just to browse the shops or get something last minute if you forgotten something or add to something else. Trick is to buy an item per week or few items per week then you not doing too much in one go or spending too much. Its usually by the time Black Friday sales start I've my Christmas shopping done definitely done by 8th of December. Then can focus on the lead up and enjoy Christmas on the day then.

The beauty calendars are good if you buying for someone who likes those things and is useful to use. Means you just buy the one item rather than too much as good selection within them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Picked up Aftereigth sweets in Supervalu today there were over 6 euro got them half price I think the offer ends today

I have to admit they weren't on my shopping list for Christmas I totally forgot about them but I do like opening them Christmas Day:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Oh I bought a little set of Chip and Mrs Potts decorations in Penneys last Friday for €6. OH was not impressed but I thought they were cute :D

466571.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

miamee wrote: »
    Oh I bought a little set of Chip and Mrs Potts decorations in Penneys last Friday for €6. OH was not impressed but I thought they were cute :D

I bought these last week too. My little one is a huge fan of Beauty & the Beast. They are decent ornaments and look good on the tree....when they are not being moved around by little people! Managed to pick up Harry Potter ornaments as well. Here are the pics of Mrs Potts & Chip on my tree!

Oojpw4i.jpg

YevPIO3.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ah they look lovely Sundew!

Got some good deals at lunchtime today so have the main part of my girlfriends present bought :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Sundew- we have that Barbie decoration too. Our neighbour bought it as a gift for my goddaughter

These just arrived. Am chuffed with them.

466776.jpeg

kitten_k wrote: »
    These just arrived. Am chuffed with them.

466776.jpeg

Do they serve a purpose or are there to look nice?

They are bows for my goddaughters hair

46513881_2187219467977935_477296232386002944_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=8c25b721d0936d5171278ad15fe33dc0&oe=5CAB74B5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

@Freshpopcorn: Do you mind me asking where you got the Hurley clocks?

• Advertisement

Sundew wrote: »
    @Freshpopcorn: Do you mind me asking where you got the Hurley clocks?

https://watchdoctor-creations.com/shop/

Advertisement