Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AA flight Dub to JFK - experiences?

Options
  • 17-06-2018 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Taking this flight later in 2018 with 2 teens. Was a good price for a family of 4 when I booked so happy in that respect.
    But I note their IFE is limited to overhead TV's. I am not really good a film/tv programme downloader but see that AA let u download their App in advance and watch a broader range of their normal IFE. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this flight or any useful tips. Etc. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

AA use a Boeing 757 on that route. I used AA once through JFK about 5 years and didn't enjoy it at all. Promised myself it would be the last 757 I would ever travel on, very cramped with 3-3 layout. The screens are pointless, view blocked depending on where your sitting and the headphone connectors on the seats were rubbish.

Load your phone or other devices with media and just lay back and relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

HDMI wrote: »
    AA use a Boeing 757 on that route. I used AA once through JFK about 5 years and didn't enjoy it at all. Promised myself it would be the last 757 I would ever travel on, very cramped with 3-3 layout. The screens are pointless, view blocked depending on where your sitting and the headphone connectors on the seats were rubbish.

Load your phone or other devices with media and just lay back and relax.

Similar experience to the above, but had a one year old kid also in tow. Luckily the only free seat on the flight was on the other side of the aisle and the guy sitting beside us thankfully scarpered into it. I don’t know who was more relieved, him or us!!

Wasn’t the most impressed with the customer service of the flight attendants either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Taking this flight later in 2018 with 2 teens. Was a good price for a family of 4 when I booked so happy in that respect.
    But I note their IFE is limited to overhead TV's. I am not really good a film/tv programme downloader but see that AA let u download their App in advance and watch a broader range of their normal IFE. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this flight or any useful tips. Etc. thanks.

The app doesn't work on the plane either as it doesn't have WiFi.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Very basic airline IMO.

Seats aren’t the best, IFE is terrible, food isn’t great.

Download some movies on tablets, bring some snacks, and look forward to getting to NYC.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The 3-3 configuration is woeful for transatlantic travel, especially when combined with overhead TV. We came back about 18 months ago over night via PHL > DUB on American and it was hellish. I swore never again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement