Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using an old hard drive - cables etc.

Options
  • 17-06-2018 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

How do I connect a recently removed SATA 320Gb hard drive to my laptop t use for back-up of photos and large documents like drawings (Type TT5SAB320, 320 gb, SATA 3Gb/s)? What cables do I need?

There are two L shaped mutli-pin connectors of which one is the data connection and the other is a power connection - I think?
    I'm connecting to a Fujitsu Lifebook with ?i5 and new 256 gb SSD. The default position is to return to the shop that fitted the new drive; but then I wont learn anything!
    What setting up, if any, do I need to do when hopefuly I have connected? Do i connect the external into a USB port? The laptop also has a HDMI port.
    Thanks for any help.
    This is my mini Summer project and being >60 I'm almost completely ignorant of the technology. Apart from learning something I want to reuse rather than buy an external hard drive. Im too old to keep consuming.

Comments

Advertisement