Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education Allowance for level 7

Options
  • 17-06-2018 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I wonder if anyone has had similar personal experience in this topic, as I'm finding it hard to figure out by just reading info online.

I completed a level 7 in multimedia back in 2013, I did attempt the add on level 8 year but ended up dropping out as that year was a disaster.
    I have been working since then in office jobs, I couldn't get a job in the field I studied.

I was 17 filling out the CAO and had no idea what I wanted to do, I just did that course for the sake of it and I regret it now.
    I know now I want to do Veterinary nursing, and I am very determined to do it.
    But I have no idea if I wouls be entitled to Back to Education Allowance for the veterinary nursing course I want to do as it is also level 7?

I have read that you must be progressing from the last course you completed, but then in other places I have read that there can be special exceptions if your last qualification was 3 years ago, or if it was 5 years ago you may be classed as a 'second chance student' ?

Has anyone personally completed a level 7 course and then managed to get Back to Education Allowance for another level 7 course years later??

Advertisement