Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Runner 5 Mile

• 17-06-2018 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing the Irish Runner 5 Mile next weekend? Just wondering what the course is like are there many hills?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Butterbeans

Anyone doing the Irish Runner 5 Mile next weekend? Just wondering what the course is like are there many hills?
    I did it last year but it clashes with another race this year. Same course again though. There's a few drags in it - either side of the 1st mile marker on the North Road / just after the 2nd mile marker as you head back up Chesterfield Avenue / at the mile 3 marker on Oldtown Road / after the 4 mile marker on Upper Glen Road until it meets Furze Road. Big down hill as you turn left off of Oldtown Road and then big uphill on the Lower Glen Road as you approach the hairpin bend. Best of luck and enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

Anyone know if there'll be bike parking at this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

That was tough. Winter runners like myself just can't cope :D Some people were stopped or walking as early as the Ordnance Survey. Bit of shade in parts but overall not nearly enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

So no bike parking. Bit of an oversight by the organisers. Was a good run, hot but enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

That was tough. Winter runners like myself just can't cope :D Some people were stopped or walking as early as the Ordnance Survey. Bit of shade in parts but overall not nearly enough.

The Phoenix Park can be roasting on a good summer's day like this.

The gate from my job leads right out into the park, so its its a place I'm fairly familiar with (lucky me).

A run and a pint in The Hole in the Wall pub afterwards would have finished off a really nice weekend :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Well done everyone who ran in the heat. Annette Kealy from my club won the women's race - she's an F50!!! Fantastic achievement!

Advertisement