Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for HKC 1070 Panel

Options
  • 17-06-2018 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all,

I will get getting further quotes, but as it's Sunday and I'm impatient :cool: I'm curious to get your opinions. The 1st one I got is as follows - does it sound about right?

Quotation

Item Qty Description Total Amount
    1 1 Hkc 1070 Panel
    2 1 External Bell
    3 1 Internal Bell
    4 2 PIR
    5 9 Shock Sense
    6 2 Reed Sense
    7 1 Installation and Commissioning

Total Amount € 975.00

Optional
    1 1 Gsm Sc Supplied and Installed € 190.00

And I believe I will have to pay an extra €8 for an app (so €16 for two phones), and then pay some monthly mobile phone plan for something like €10 a month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Before install go online to hkc and pay the yearly sub yourself they will ask you for a password and iD. They will give you a pincode to be entered into the system. It will cost you min of €60 per year. The installer can enter all contact names and numbers into system for you. The installer eould be making the balance of the €10 a month of he does it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

What installers make €10 a month?

Ps, I know you are not long here but there is a rule that prices never be discussed here

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Kub, who ever you are dont talk through your A.... your talkn to somebody within industury. I did'ntsay installers make €10 per month. I went by what the client said in their post.so have another look.

ploploplop wrote: »
    Hi all,

I will get getting further quotes, but as it's Sunday and I'm impatient :cool: I'm curious to get your opinions. The 1st one I got is as follows - does it sound about right?

Quotation

1 1 Hkc 1070 Panel
    2 1 External Bell
    3 1 Internal Bell
    4 2 PIR
    5 9 Shock Sense
    6 2 Reed Sense

Total Amount € 975.00

Optional

And I believe I will have to pay an extra €8 for an app (so €16 for two phones), and then pay some monthly mobile phone plan for something like €10 a month.

Hi Op, one of the rules here is that we cannot discuss prices on these threads.
    We can however assist you in technical matters.
    The one thing about the list of equipment which you have put up is, points 5 and 6.
    Do all of your windows open?
    Just it is best to fit Reed Inertia Shock sensors to windows, therefore the one unit will detect vibration and also will detect the opening of the window or door.

Our general advise here anyway is to get 3 written quotes, proposed installers should be calling to actually view your home and carry out what we call a Risk Assessment, the design of the system is based on this assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ploploplop

Apologies - didn't realise I couldn't talk about prices (I didn't see anything in the forum charter so thought it was okay to do so).

@davidconroy46 - good point re signing up myself - do you mind sending me a PM to the website where I can do this? The hkc site is overwhelming.

@kub - not all the windows open. Is "Reed Inertia Shock" sensors different to the "Shock Sense" and the "Reed Sense" items in the quote? Sorry, you've confused me there as they all sound the same :eek:

• Advertisement

Apologies - didn't realise I couldn't talk about prices (I didn't see anything in the forum charter so thought it was okay to do so).

@kub - not all the windows open. Is "Reed Inertia Shock" sensors different to the "Shock Sense" and the "Reed Sense" items in the quote? Sorry, you've confused me there as they all sound the same :eek:

You are not the first and neither will you be the last, but as i mentioned get yourself 3 quotes and go from there.

Ok so not all windows open, a vulnerable window say on the ground floor would still require a Shock Sensor in order to provide coverage should the glass be broken in a break in attempt.
    So a Shock Sensor detects Shocks.

A Reed Sensor is basically a Contact, this is a unit that only detects the opening pain of a window or a door.
    You could literally drive a bulldozer through an adjoining wall and the Contact will still not activate.
    It will only do so when the window or door is opened.

A Reed Inertia Shock, is a unit that has two detectors within it, you have the Shock Sensor element and you have the Contact element all in the one unit.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi all,

Quotation

1 1 Hkc 1070 Panel
    2 1 External Bell
    3 1 Internal Bell
    4 2 PIR
    5 9 Shock Sense
    6 2 Reed Sense

Total Amount € 975.00

Optional

The price seems around average.
    As always, my advice also would be to get at least 3 quotes and look at quoting like with like or alternative options.
    If you are looking at apps & recurring charges I'd recommend looking over the sticky here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057394782
    It gives some good insight into the differences between different systems & services.

As a minimum you should be looking at Shock Contacts (that's a combined shock sensor & contact) on all ground floor & accessible points of entry.
    After that a couple of PiRs (Motion Sensors) in hallway & landing.
    After that also look at whats covered in monitoring/maintenance charges etc.
    Some cover annual service,come cover 2 calls others cover all calls & labour.

Hope this helps.
    If you have any other questions come back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ploploplop

Thanks @kub. Makes a lot more sense now. I guess I need to go back and be more explicit in what I'm looking for. Will try get a few quotes this week and tidy up the list of what I'm actually looking for in an alarm system.

Cheers @KoolKid - was just reading up on that sticky - some great detail in there!

Advertisement