Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Security-House or Shed??

Options
  • 17-06-2018 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

I'm going on holidays next week for 2 weeks, should I lock the bike up in the shed or the house? In a worst case scenario, insurance wise, does it make a difference where it is taken from if stolen???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

If in doubt put it in the house.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

when i'm going on holidays for a couple of weeks, i take the front wheel off the bike and leave it in the attic. often let the air out too - quite often, it's about slowing them down or making it inconvenient for them so they abandon the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Torres09 wrote: »
    I'm going on holidays next week for 2 weeks, should I lock the bike up in the shed or the house? In a worst case scenario, insurance wise, does it make a difference where it is taken from if stolen???

I bring mine in the house and lock it to the step ladder

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

But not your real ladder?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Only reasonable option is to bring it with you!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

But not your real ladder?

My real ladder was never there for me the way my step ladder was.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

For holidays...

Four wheels - outside.
    Two wheels - inside.

1664277a1ffb114-a-nw-p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

For insurance purposes it can make a difference. I had my bike insured and one stipulation of it being locked in a shed was that it had to be secured to an immovable permanent fixture

Advertisement