Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner golf clubs

Options
  • 17-06-2018 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Looking for advice on first set of golf clubs. Are golf clubs all the same length ? Or do taller people need longer clubs

I’m 6’1 so don’t know if I need standard clubs ?

I would rather buy a good set second hand as opposed to a new set that may not be as good . Looking to spend around 250. Is it possible to get a good second hand set for that ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭kod12

you will need a longer set than normal depending on the length from your wrist to the floor. I got my irons lengthened and lie adjusted in the golf studio in Celbridge couldn't recommend them enough great service. They will be able to advise on how much longer you need them they have a great sets of second hand clubs there too

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭sunnyday1234

kod12 wrote: »
    you will need a longer set than normal depending on the length from your wrist to the floor. I got my irons lengthened and lie adjusted in the golf studio in Celbridge couldn't recommend them enough great service. They will be able to advise on how much longer you need them they have a great sets of second hand clubs there too

Bit of a trek from Cork :-)

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Hi all

Looking for advice on first set of golf clubs. Are golf clubs all the same length ? Or do taller people need longer clubs

I’m 6’1 so don’t know if I need standard clubs ?

I would rather buy a good set second hand as opposed to a new set that may not be as good . Looking to spend around 250. Is it possible to get a good second hand set for that ?

Put your details into this to see if you need longer clubs etc. Its good for get an idea of what you should look for then in the 2nd hand market.

https://nflightweb.ping.com/#ready

Advertisement