Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPC Panel Down

Options
  • 17-06-2018 3:30pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, I've an SPC connect system.

Last month, I was unable to connect via the app, nothing has changed in terms of BB provider or routers, they only thing potentially was that I changed my DNS to google (from VF) as it was incredibly slow, but I did this before the connection went down and it worked for a few weeks with google's DNS.

From reading previous searches, I can't access via 192.168.0.9 have tried .100 aswell.

When i plug directly into the alarm and use either of the addresses I cant connect.

I dont have my engineer code.

Any ideas

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

An engineer code is really needed here to resolve this I'd say.
    How did you change the DNS without it or do you mean on your router?
    Do you know if the panel is set up with DHCP enabled?
    Have you tried a full power cycle?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

KoolKid wrote: »
    An engineer code is really needed here to resolve this I'd say.
    How did you change the DNS without it or do you mean on your router?
    Do you know if the panel is set up with DHCP enabled?
    Have you tried a full power cycle?

Dns was changed on the router.
    It was originally set up with dhcp.

From the panel or switching off the mains and batter back up?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Who installed, system/panel etc any chance of getting eng code off installer? The norm in this case if in eng mode do a reboot. Or power down panel 230v plus battery .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Who installed, system/panel etc any chance of getting eng code off installer? The norm in this case if in eng mode do a reboot. Or power down panel 230v plus battery .

Dont think i can mention names, but they share a famous GAA club name :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Could be guessing the name till tomorrow.PM.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

PM me and I'll get it sorted for you.

Cheers Koolkid, sorted now

Advertisement