Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilli plants

Options
  • 17-06-2018 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

So I have some store bought plants and some I started from seed (various varieties). They all live in a green house.

The store bought plants are just beginning to produce chillies and the ones I started from seed range anywhere from a foot high just beginning to produce flowers right down to about 4 inches high.

So the problem I'm having is that the smaller ones have just stopped growing. They're in the same size pot as the store bought which is a 14 litre pot. In the past month they haven't grown. They remain at about 4 inches high. They were transplanted about 2 weeks ago from 15cm pots as I was thinking maybe they're constricted for space to grow. But still no growth.

They're all watered the exact same way. All kept in the greenhouse. All use the same compost - growise multi purpose.

How can I get the smaller ones to grow again? And why is there such a difference between the size of the chilli I started from seed? As an example I have 2 solero chilli plants growing. One is about a good high and the other is about 5 or 6 inches high. Why such a difference between them if they're looked after the same way?

Advertisement