Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Forum

Options
  • 17-06-2018 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭

.....not nearly as entertaining as it used to be and I'm not sure if it's the admins loosing their sense of humour/patience or are we just getting a poorer quality troll these days?

Most of them seem pretty angry rather than just trying to have a laugh :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

People objected in various feedback threads to the moderators making smart remarks unfortunately. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Admins dialed back the humour after reciving feedback to do so. Posters told us that they found the humour to be demeaning to posters in Prison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

I was reading through a few old threads the other day and everyone in them was banned.

Should there be an amnesty for banned people?
    Some were permabanned 5 years ago I’m sure they’ve changed since. Some will still be asshats but that’s life. They can get banned again.

It’d skyrocket traffic for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

_Dara_ wrote: »
    People objected in various feedback threads to the moderators making smart remarks unfortunately. :rolleyes:

ah booh!!! down with that sort of thing :mad:

I must have missed that, the toying with the inmates made for great entertainment. Stupid H&S PC nonsense :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Bring back Gordon. There's no one like him

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    The Admins dialed back the humour after reciving feedback to do so. Posters told us that they found the humour to be demeaning to posters in Prison

pish!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

dudara wrote: »
    Posters told us that they found the humour to be demeaning to posters in Prison
    personally I'd say fuk the posters in Prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Boards going PC.
    What's next? We can't say jackeen any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

biko wrote: »
    Boards going PC.
    What's next? We can't say jackeen any more?

Post reported :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

You mean the ones complaining?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Well actually there are some posters who fall foul of site rules but once it is pointed out to them they realise the error of their ways and agree to abide by the site ToU

There are others though who just want to take the mickey out of the site. Mostly the regular re-reg trolls do not get access to appeal in Prison, but some do slip through the net. Hence we may seem to abruptly remove Prison access, but that is only for those re-regs who have shown no remorse and simply want to use this site for their own "entertainment". We even see some trying to line up a load of "new" accounts to try and give the impression they can almost do it at will. I've worked out that the fastest can only set up a new account on average every couple of minutes, and it usually takes about 10s for us to remove any sign of them

It makes you wonder why they bother when the majority of those types of account does not even get a chance to post anything, but they seem to get some kind of kick out of being disruptive

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

In real life, prison-visiting is counted as a "Work of mercy"...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

It's because the mods aren't allowed be funny anymore and the trolls have stopped trying.
    I gave up reading it months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Being in prison is the most demeaning part!
    And ye are worried about a few smart comments.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Do they get PlayStation's, big screen TVs and luxury dinners in this prison too!?

oneilla wrote: »
    Do they get PlayStation's, big screen TVs and luxury dinners in this prison too!?

No....they used to have entertaining admins....

used to :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: This might be better in Help Desk so I'll close it and move now.

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread re-opened

Does this mean we have to be serious and polite now :( ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,472 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There were too many people said that taking the Mick in prison was not fair, so sad that it should be all like this. Any way, so long.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

wexie wrote: »
    Does this mean we have to be serious and polite now :( ?
    Yes - posts here need to be approved and sorry but we won't be approving stuff that is not positively contributing to the discussion

The problem with running a thread like this in AH is some posters will take it seriously and others will not. Here everyone should know that it has moved towards the "serious" end of the spectrum

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I was reading through a few old threads the other day and everyone in them was banned.

Should there be an amnesty for banned people?
    Some were permabanned 5 years ago I’m sure they’ve changed since. Some will still be asshats but that’s life. They can get banned again.

It’d skyrocket traffic for a while.

Wasn't there a batman movie where they opened up the doors to Arkam Asylum.... How did that work out?

looksee wrote: »
    There were too many people said that taking the Mick in prison was not fair, so sad that it should be all like this. Any way, so long.
    Yes we had people criticising the actions of Admins in various Feedback threads and a decision was taken to row back comments on the back of that user feedback.

I would personally add that anyone who was having the mickey taken out of them in the Prison forum had already extracted massive amounts of urine from the site.

Beasty wrote: »
    Yes - posts here need to be approved and sorry but we won't be approving stuff that is not positively contributing to the discussion

The problem with running a thread like this in AH is some posters will take it seriously and others will not. Here everyone should know that it has moved towards the "serious" end of the spectrum

Okay, well then on a more serious note :

I appreciate that entertainment of the posters not currently in the prison forum perhaps isn't it's main purpose.

On the other hand though as pointed out repeatedly the majority of users in the prison forum certainly deserve some fluids extracting.

And, I think this is an important point, if memory serves it's always been the posters that would take it on the chin in good humour that would have come off with the lightest sentence?

So I would hereby propose to reinstate 'piss taking by admins' as official punishment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

No poo threads anymore in prison especially since the phrase "Prison Forum Access revoked" started to become more rampant.

Advertisement